Nissan Hardbody 2.4i 4X4 observations

Default Nissan Hardbody 2.4i 4X4 observations

Having bought my Hardbody in November last year, and having in the past two weekends had the opportunity to actually use it offroad, I have found the bakkie to be really competent at driving offroad. Any reservations I had regarding the power output of the 2.4i has been laid to rest

I did Berakah two weeks ago, and the past weekend I went to Gerotek with some friends, and did the 4X4 course and also some of the obstacles (the gradients, the sand, the skidpan, the axle articulator). The bakkie again behaved impecably and I cannot fault it in any way. The ground clearance is good, the articulation is good, the power is enough when you are in low range, the diff lock does it's job well and everything is accomplished without stress. I never felt the bakkie wasn't up to the task and it was a pleasure to drive around. It isn't so big that it doesn't fit through small spaces and most importantly - everything works as it is supposed to.

During the past two weekends some of the machines I went with suffered breakdowns, bumps, scrapes and we are talking expensive machines (R700K +) all renowned off road vehicles. The Hardbody went with them wherever they went, no problem.

I can also comment on the tyres - I have the Dunlop Trakgrip tyre. Having looked around for tyres a few months back and having found the "better" tyres to be rediculously priced, I opted for the "budget" Trakgrip tyres at around R1200 each. I have not regretted it once. Mud, sand, uphill, downhill, stones, wet, dry, I have not once had a problem in getting up or down or through any obstacle where someone got through with a "better" tyre. I am very happy with this tyre's on road and off road performance - even in the wet, on the skidpan at Gerotek, it performed very well.

Finally, now, I can say I am happy and extremely satisfied that I haven't thrown my money in the water!

Ou Nommer Sewe (2004 Nissan Hardbody 2.4i D/C 4X4)
    JCCML!!!

You can with a Nissan

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride & shift expectations.
    1999 Nissan Hardbody (Sold)

soos wat die groot manne se die 2.4 nissan se lowrange is die beste gerat van al die voertuie. daar is geen gradiente wat jy nie sal kan doen nie waar al die ander ouens met wat ookal gan! net dalk die lang duine in hi range wat n probleem gan veroorsaak! geniet hom!
    "Blue Thunder"
    Gert Ferreira
    2004 Hardbody 3.3 V6 D/C 4x4 SEL

Stem volkome saam, die 2.4 is bakgat, mag dalk 'n bietjie lig in die broek wees om te sleep. My 2.4 het my nog net plesier gegee veral in 4x4. Ek het 'n paar mods laat doen op myne, so ek wag maar en sien. 265/75/16 BF Mud terrains laat opsit saam met 'n OME suspension en 'n Ironman winchbar met KC spotlights.

Value for money, this one keeps up with the best, the low range gearing is tops. Engine bullet proof if you look after it.
    Mine has done 252000klm , uses no oil and water just a bit of Delo400 every 6000klm.

Complaints:::::he heehe the whine of the fan when your revs are up, sounds like a Vespa scooter
    Dunes, Rocks and mountains , it will do it, if it doesnt, its driver error
    To say this vehicle is irrelavant is a myth, i have prooved it many times , some on the HEX a grade 4 in some places.
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Default NP 300 hardbody 2. 4i DC 4X4

Hi just brought a 2010 np 300 hardbody 2.4 d/c 4x4/ . Very excited but also concern about the fuel consumption. I would like to join ladies 4 x4 club or go for training for ladies. Just a few questions for the clever guys out there: The mags does not look standard, the wheels are sticking out on the sides, will this have an influence on the fuel consumption? The Vehicle has a roof rack and lights, will this also have an influence on the fuel consumption? What about the big bull bar? What standard tires do you recommend?

Is there someone that can look at my vehicle and give me advice or should I join a club and get advice there? With all being said I think you will get the feeling that I am confused.. well that is true. Hope someone can assist me… J

Quote Originally Posted by n&m View Post
    Hi just brought a 2010 np 300 hardbody 2.4 d/c 4x4/ . Very excited but also concern about the fuel consumption. I would like to join ladies 4 x4 club or go for training for ladies.
    Good morning, welcome to the Nissan family. 4x4 Megaworld has a ladies club and I think the Isuzu Club also has what they call "Bush Babies". You can also join the Nissan 4x4 Club. We do training and there is not much difference between the training for women and men - the principles are the same - I can send you information if you are interested.

The mags does not look standard, the wheels are sticking out on the sides, will this have an influence on the fuel consumption? The Vehicle has a roof rack and lights, will this also have an influence on the fuel consumption? What about the big bull bar? What standard tires do you recommend?
    What size of wheels do you currently have on? The standard for these Nissans are normally 245/70/16. And yes, the roof rack and the lights will have an influence on consumption.

Is there someone that can look at my vehicle and give me advice or should I join a club and get advice there? With all being said I think you will get the feeling that I am confused.. well that is true. Hope someone can assist me… J
    See my comment above.

Regards,
    George Brittnell
    "Pray Until Success Happens"

You should refer this thread to okes that wants to buy first time or guys complaining about how expensive a 4x4 is. There are some excelent 4x4's out there that will do the job fine.
    Folks get caught in the idea that if you want to offroad you HAVE to buy an insanely expensive cruiser or LR or jeep, and then spend another 60k on extras before attempting a 4x4 track.
    If it was fun to break, fix it and break it again.