1996 Nissan Sani - what price?

Question 1996 Nissan Sani - what price?

I have very little knowledge about the Sani but from what I read on the forums and on the nissan4x4 site it seems like at the right price it would be a good buy as a family 4x4 stationwagon (second vehicle but my first 4x4). I have 3 kids and want to do Bots, Nam, Moz, and so on. Question is, what do you consider the right price for a 1996 Sani in reasonably good condition (no visible rust, interior dirty but decent) with 248,000km on the clock? And what can I expect to spend money on in the next 50,000km? Would love to hear from other Sani owners or those in the know. I don't know the difference between MK1 and MK2 and MK3. This one is a 3 litre petrol.

Hey Safari Dude

I have a similar Sani 3L 4x4 station wagon(MK2). It has served me very well over the years, funny enough mine has similar KM's on the clock. When i tried to sell it recently the most i could get was R38 000. As i paid over 100K for it in 1995 i just could not let it go so cheap, especially as i looked after it well. I decided to share it with one of my mates and he gave me 17K. He doesnt use it much and said if i want to sell it i can.

I cant really say what to look out for as i never had a days problems with mine, i still dont know why i bought a Jeep. The Sani is great as a holiday vechile, but i got tired of it with everyday driving. The auto Jeep with all the bells and wistles caught my attention and drives like a car but after buyng it a month ago i have allready spent 10k on things that broke. I miss my Sani.

2001 WJ GC 3.1 TD

I have the 1996 D/C (Sani Conversion). +-R40 000-00 sounds like the going rate.

No real problems.
    Kobus

Nissan

Ja R40,000 sounds about right to me, this one is going for R41,000 but the 4WD does not engage. Front hubs not locking or something - no power on the front wheels when in 4WD. In spite of that the dealer says price stays the same, he can't afford to spend money to fix that, so he is selling voetstoots for R41k. A mechanic here in George says it will cost about R6k to fix the hubs, if the diff is fine. If the front diff is bust too, it will cost more. Does this sound about right?
    The engine, body and interior all seem fine.

Forget it, I smell a rat. For pretty much the same price or a bit more, you will find one in perfect condition.
    Danie Gerryts
    NSRI Station 31

2013 Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX A/T
    2016 Ford Ranger 3.2TDCi 4x4 A/T Supercab

I am sure you can find a better buy if your looking for a sani, I bought a 1993 nissan sani 3.0 v6 4x4 2 months ago for R36000 with 216000Km's and it is in perfect mechanical condition, everything works. It does have a few cosmetic issues but to fix cosmetic things is not expensive, for about R2000 My sani will be as good as new.

I will however recommend the sani!! It is a bit heavy on fuel but they are very trust worthy 4x4's.

I have owned 3 nissan 3.0 v6 4x4's , one of them being a '94 sani.
    Those VG 30 engines are bulletproof ! Only thing I ever had to replace was a clutch and hydraulic valvelifters that became noisy after many hundred thousand kilometers. They are VERY reliable , and it costs very little to sort out the minor issues you may have. That said , I wouldn't buy the one with the 4x4 not engaging until being absolutely sure where the fault lies. Hope you find the right one !

Make Gary 1942 an offer he can't refuse, you heard he looked after his!
    "If it ain't broken - Modify it"
    -------------------------------------
    Ben
    '99 Jeep Wrangler; 4" Procom Lift kit; 4.7Lt Mopar conversion; 33"x12.5x15" MT Baja Claws (Mine); '11 Prado 4.0Lt VX Petrol (Ours); '08 MB SLK 200 Coupe (SWAMBO's); '08 Conqueror Commander