Josefsdal

Thread: Josefsdal

Question Josefsdal

Hi All,

I'm travelling this week to Cape Vidal via Swaziland and will sleep at Baberton. Is the border post at Josefsdal south of Baberton still in operation? I ask cause I can't find it on the SARS web site.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Let's Play; 2010/03/01 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Hennie Beukes
    Hilux 3.0 D-4D D/C Legend 45 4X4
    Challenger Wilderness 450 with Tentco TTT

Hallo Hennie,

Spurred on by your enquiry, I tackled this problem. Since 13h25 till now I have not been able to raise anyone at the Josefsdal border post on any telephone number!! Not on the SAPS number, Home Affairs number or even the Police station commissioner's number!!

I found this on a Home Affairs website. I pasted it in complete with two spelling errors.

Jossefdal - Bulembu
    (From Nelspruit or Kaapmuiden via Barbeton to Havelock and Piggs Peak)
    07h00 - 16h00

From the Barberton side the road has been fixed very well. I believe there are some bad pot-holes on the Swaziland (SD) side on the way to Piggs Peak.

By the way, when you climb the long hill to the top of the Makondjwa mountain and on top of the mountain en route to the border post, note the layers of ancient rock and different soil-types that have been exposed in the cuttings caused during the up-grading of the route. At most of these there are places to pull over and park to observe closer

Note the first 5 kilometres after leaving Barberton is one of the steepest tarred roads in South Africa, so prepare for it. Do not know if you are towing.

(For information - Makondjwa mountains mean - the "mountain that was pointed at". In the Swazi culture pointing at a person or a place with the fore-finger means you are cursing it. The Makondjwa mountains is the area with the largest number of lightning strikes per sq km per year in SA because of the very content of the super-conductor, gold, in it.)

The overhead cable-way used to transport asbestos from the Havelock mine to Barberton. Once the heavier buckets started descending the mountain to Barberton the system required very little energy to keep it moving as the empty buckets going back up the mountain were very much lighter.

Police at Josefsdal - 013 712 3621
    Immigration - 013 712 3891 (Due to lightning and plantations down most of the time)

Enjoy it.
    Daan

Daan,
    Dankie. Jy het beter gedoen as wat ek kon - was ook heel mddag op die net en die telefoon

Groete

Hennie Beukes
    Hilux 3.0 D-4D D/C Legend 45 4X4
    Challenger Wilderness 450 with Tentco TTT

Default Josefsdal grenspos

Die Josefsdal grenspos is nog altyd oop en 'n heel normaal bedrywige grenspos. Teerpad vanaf Barberton deur pragtige natuurskoon. Die grenspos self is die SKOONSTE, MOOISTE grenspos wat op ons land se grense bedryf word, die bevelvoerder bedryf sy pos met 'n ysterhand soos asof PW BOTHA nog sy baas is. Tot die polisiebakkie se bande is "gepolish" om nie van die amptenare se skoene te praat nie. Hulle tuin en hele terrein is hul trots en mense MOET asb 'n groot ophef hiervan maak. Die grenspos maak my dink daar IS nog hoop vir 'n sin van netheid onder ons broers en susters.
    Die pad verder deur Swazi tot by Piggs Peak (+-20km) is grond met baie sinkplaat, maar nog steed mooi natuur. Geniet die trip.
    JoenelSilver Rubicon Unlimited4" lift, 33" Maxxis, 4,88 diffs, Ford Ranger 2.2 Auto 4x4 D/C