KZN - Environmental &conservation Prjects?

Default KZN - Environmental &conservation Prjects?

Hi, I take my hat off to you folks in the Gauteng area ! I have read a little about the projects that you guys are involved in. Now I would like to ask the question - "where is Kzn ? " Are there similar projects in the Kzn area that we are not aware of ?? If there is , can you please give us details .

There are guys in your area with similar interests, Fluffy for one, Rob I think as well. Organise a GTG, chat about it, see what you guys can come up with. (My next free weekend is 12-14 march, organise it for then & I'll scrape something together & come down)

There are "Friends of" societies down there, KZN Parks have an honorary officer program. There must also be something you can do at the aquarium, sharks board, something marine.

Once you get it started, Speak to Dirk, he might be willing to send a message to all KZN members about it and that will get you a team of volunteers.

Thumbs up

Thanks Doug. Will definitely start looking around ! March is a bit of a problem right now as we are going away. But I will stay in contact.

Hi Doug , cancled some of my plans , leaving on the 16th of March. Sent you a message , don't know if i did it right ? Now to get some people in Kzn who are interested !

hi johannes
    also keen i gettin g some thing going down here. give me a shout and we can start the ball rolling.

Hi Johannes,

You have already made a contact down there with the African Bird of Prey Sanctuary, why not organise the GTG on the weekend of 12-14 March so that interested parties in the community can through some ideas etc around, definatelly include dave Robb. Then at some time a small grouop can pop through the sanctuary and take it from there. I have reserved that weekend in my calendar.

Remember that there will some people will be keen on human based charities and others on animals/conservation, they are all good, don't limit yourselves. Dave is doing excellent work down there.

Default Permaculture project needs a 4x4

Taken from Alan Goodway's eZine. maybe this is a project you guys down in Kzn can get involved in?

PERMACULTURE PROJECT NEEDS A 4X4

Hallo there!

Louis here from the Wild Coast (Transkei). Please visit us at www.jointventures.co.za to see where we live and what we do.

This is a very isolated village with very pure people in it. My explanation is that they haven’t come out of nature yet. The concern is that Capitalism is coming to them! With inflation alone they will
    never be able to catch up, yet alone there live style and knowledge about the rest of the world and what they can offer.

We try to help them in a permanent way. Permaculture! Living self sustainable of the land. Same like up to now, just other plants to grow for better nutrition. Help them to realize they must do things for them self’s like they did the last 1000 years. Not to wait for the Government to do something about their lives.

Sooo, our 4x4 burned out in Durban a couple of months ago, and since then it is a struggle to get out volunteers in to the village! We rely on them to be able to help these people. Sooooooo, PLEASE can you maybe send this to your members and see if there is someone who can
    sponsor us a old 4x4, or new!

Also look at the tours we offer and maybe bring some friends with! I trust that there is someone who can help us.

Thanx for your time!

Louis Fourie

Gwexintaba Joint Ventures cc.
    www.jointventures.co.za
    083 268 5611

Thanks Doug for the Info ! Will look into it .

Thanks for the kind offer Colin , I have sent you more info.

Johan

Default March

Hi All,

As far as I recall the 12-14 March is the recovery course weekend in KZN. A few of us will be there.

Just got back from a week in Lesotho with Dave Robb and others. A life changing experience to see what these guys do.

I will do my best to be available to assist.

Cheers
    Fluffy

DougN you know my position, Dave Robb has an excellent book that deals with how to handle these kind of issues.