Navara Clunk and Clutch

Default Navara Clunk and Clutch

Hello,

2 things :

1 : Clutch stiff at the pedal and spinning up at hig revs.
    2 : Clunk / Jolt when pulling off in 1st gear at low revs.

Clutch is about to be replaced for the heavy duty one next week so that should sort that but anyone heard of the pedal being replaced as well? Something to do with the spring slacking due to wear?

Clunk / Jolt worries me a little as i had a Ranger will Diff problems previously.Possibly related to the clutch spinning up, but thinking more Diff or Prop?
    Anyone had the same or similar problem?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Claude.

Assume yours is the petrol - upgraded clutch and pedal available for them.

We have the diesel, and symptoms where similar before the clutch was replaced.

Hi ClaudS

It would seem that i am experiencing the same problem!

I hope i am not imagining things, but when i am in 5th gear and accelerate, it would seem that my revs climb up (as if though i am riding on the clutch) after which the revs would drop down and then gradually start to climb as i am accelerating.

I suspect my clutch is going for a number of reasons:
    1. clutch takes very high after my last service
    2. there is a slight shudder when the clutch is released, but mainly when the vehicle is still cold!
    3. the revs that act all funny when accelerating

What is the cost of the heavy duty clutch?
    JP Marais
    2016 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC
    2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8

Previous:
    Navara 4L V6, with some changes

Hi Claude, I have the same symptoms with my Nav. The clunk is audible especially when you reverse and then drive forward.

The mechanics at Nissan have tried to convince me that the noise is when the diff gears take up the play. I am not so sure of that as experiance has taught me that it could possibly be the universal joints that wear and cause the noise.

I have noticed that my clutch is also takes very high but my Nav has just over 82k on the clock. Let me know what the heavy duty clutch is going to cost!
    2013 Defender 110

Default RE : Navara Clunk and Clutch

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

So we are in a simlar boat then, or should I say, Navara!

Still waiting for Nissan HQ regarding the Clutch, as i am trying hard to get it installed as part of a factory warranty claim.
    I have been promised feedback in the next couple of days as the factory has just reopened from the festive period apparantly.
    As soon as I get a price on the heavy duty clutch, ill post it up.

As far as the clunk goes, ill add universals to the list and get that looked at.

Thanks for the help again, and will be in touch.

Claude
    Navara 2.5TD

Ok, problems sorted!

Nissan replaced my clutch with the heavy duty, and the clunk has dissapeared.

Trying to get it our of them what the clunk problem was though, but nevertheless, Im happy!

Price on Clutch replacement...

R15K !

I hope your Factory warrantly, or 3rd party warranty extends to the Clutch, because that is rather a large amount. Luckily for me, My Nissan dealer footed the bill, not to mention the 75K service!

Regards,

Claude.

Hmmm, so there I was on my way back from Sodwana after a very very pleasant weekend full of diving and fun! As i got off the beach i immediately knew my clutch is not gona last and we are not going to make JHB!

Off we went with some hectic struggling! Eventually at the T-junction going back to Pongola, Joe said no more, thankfully got some last few kms out of him until we stopped at the turn off to Vryheid! Wham! Nothing!

Towed from there to Vryheid and left the Nav there! Nissan Vryheid has been super in assisting me to get the Nav back on the road! I will however only get my Nav back next week!

Cost: R18,747.86! Ouch, and no, not under warrantee and no 3rd party warrantee!

What an expensive diving weekend!

Nissan Vryheid was by far the cheapets I could get it fixed!
    JP Marais
    2016 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC

Previous:

So, total cost to replace clucth and flywheel! R18837.71! Picking up the Nav 2mor
    JP Marais
    2016 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC

Previous: