2004 Hardbody 2.4i 16V leaking petrol

Default 2004 Hardbody 2.4i 16V leaking petrol

Weekend past, reversing out of the garage I noticed fluid on the garage floor. Smelt petrol, saw it was leaking at the fuel filter which is situated under the driverside of the bakkie. The fuellines are metal, with a 10cm piece of rubber hose before and aft of the metal filter. Four normal screwclamps hold the hoses in place. With the vehicle running there was petrol all over the place. I switched off and squeezed the hoses with my fingers and found petrol leaking where the rubber hose connects with the metal line. So I loosened all 4 clamps to check the rubber pipes for perish/wear, but found nothing. Retightened all four clamps properly, no more leaking.

How the clamp can work itself loose, I don't know. I can only assume it wasn't tightened properly when the vehicle was serviced when I took it to my mechanic.

I can just think what a dealership would have charged the man on the street to fix this simple problem......

Ou Nommer Sewe (2004 Nissan Hardbody 2.4i D/C 4X4)
    JCCML!!!

My company bakkie het dieselfde gedoen. maak die pyp vas maar later lek hy weer.
    Die beste is om die pype en klampe te vervang dan weet jy hulle is reg vir n lang tyd. Kry los pyp sommer by motor spare plek en sny hulle die regte lengte

Maybe someone was trying to steal your fuel and was disturbed. Its a metal fuel filter under there and can be damage by rocks, loose branches etc. Hope it sorted.
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules Pieterse View Post
    My company bakkie het dieselfde gedoen. maak die pyp vas maar later lek hy weer.
    Die beste is om die pype en klampe te vervang dan weet jy hulle is reg vir n lang tyd. Kry los pyp sommer by motor spare plek en sny hulle die regte lengte
    Ek sal dit maar doen, gemoedsrus!

Ou Nommer Sewe (2004 Nissan Hardbody 2.4i D/C 4X4)
    JCCML!!!