How do you feel about your TATA Xenon?

View Poll Results: How do you feel about your TATA XENON 2.2 LIT ?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • How was it fuel consumpation?

0 0%
  • How compare to costly badges like Hilux? Nissan?KB250?

0 0%
  • How is 4x4 performance?

0 0%
  • R u one among happy customer?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Post How do you feel about your TATA Xenon?

Hi to all,

Performance ==compare to costly badges like Toyota ? Nissan ? Isuzu ?

Is it value for money ?

Is it good in fuel consumption / 100 km ?

4x4 = Performance ?

PLease send us your views ?

thnaks

johan
    Last edited by johanraj; 2010/01/10 at 06:25 PM.

I think my brain is still on holiday because I don't understand the poll.

Do I have to choose which question you would like answered ?

I assume you want all those questions answered or at least commented on ?
    Jacques Greyling
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing
    1999 Prado 3.4 V6

I would like to know your answer for those questions.
    Last edited by johanraj; 2010/01/10 at 06:45 PM.

Default Tata xenon 2.2

I have noticed that I see quite a lot of TATA XENON -2.2 / 3 lit on the road recently. Just shows that, south africa catching up with TATA new Xenon after telcoline range volumes starting to catch up the XENON brand and realized its reliability, best fuel consumption, value for money.

Mine has now done 22000+k troublefree km's and still going strong. Looking at few fleet company reports,fuel consumption remains at about
    Overall Iím really impressed with the vehicleís performance and fuel consumption. Without a load it averages on about 13 km p\l on the open road and +- 10.5km p\l in the city.Stop go bumper to per traffic from city centre to home.

I just love my NEW TATA XENON 2.2 LIT and proud owner of a TATA Xenon 2.2d dc 4x4 and would suggest the vehicle to anyone I talk to looking for a similar vehicle

Hi there

I have a Tata Xenon 3.0!

I am very happy with its performance, and so far she has taken me on some great 4x4 adventures!

I find that its fuel consumption is fantastic compared to other 3.0 vehicles I have had in the past! Pleasantly so! But apparently this was a contributing factor in the creation of the Xenon?

I don't think I can really compare it to other badges of vehicles, as it seems to me to be in a class of its own. So far I have had no problems to report, and my vehicle is already on 29 000km and has been running fantastically!

As for its offroading capabilities, lets just say she has already had some great adventures, and has even been a formiddable rival to other aforementioned "badges!"

Proud Tata Xenon Owner!
    ADVERTISING LINKS REMOVED

Default tata xenon

1. Day two. Torsion bar bolt stripped while raising bar
    2. Day four passenger electric window not working motor replaced/headlamp levelling not working motor replaced (initial problems)
    3. Panel beater friend notices dent in bonnet which you can only see from angle-never resolved.
    4. Wanted to fit roof rack- head office reply says vehicle canít take roof rack (vehicle comes out fitted overseas)
    5. Trip to Namibia on good sand roads.-bonnet bolts very loose shifting, doors ratting (all 4 nadir pins loose) door hinge to be replaced body panels and main support cross strut tightened during the trip. Protector plate loose.
    6. Headlamp replaced- inner reflector fell off laying inside
    7. Pollen filter replaced Ė dealer says it doesnít have a pollen filter (so I took mine out to show them)
    8. Shocks worn out 26000km OME replacements.
    9. Major vibration reported many times- no solution
    10. Leak of some sort un-known, diagnosed as front shaft diff seal leak -6-8 months approx later after loss of ordered parts twice dealership find diesel leak on main rail pipe. This has now become obvious leak. Eventually pipe replaced and...... (No more front shaft seal leak!!)
    11. Told to check driveshaft not covered on warranty. About 46000km balanced and new universal joints
    12. Still vibrating ALL MOUNTS ETC CHECKED
    13. Front suspension- braking and control of vehicle poor- lower control arm rubbers worn plus other small ones- about 50000km
    Steering box adjusted.
    14. Trip to Swazi land - main aircon compressor died about 55000km
    15. Left door central locking not working-intermittent-fixed by owner.
    16. Taken vehicle to dealership for diagnosis on vibration (headoffice came out to check and will send report still waiting (3mo later)
    17. Went again to check same problem- now told clutch....vibration....
    18. Protector plate falls partially off- loss of bolts every time after service- new bolts washers put in and tightened much better rear brackets for plate both broken off.
    19. Front left CV/driveshaft disintegrated-still lots of grease in joint. 57000km
    Last edited by ZS6RES; 2012/04/29 at 11:59 PM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by ZS6RES View Post
    2. Day four passenger electric window not working motor replaced/headlamp levelling not working motor replaced (initial problems)
    3. Panel beater friend notices dent in bonnet which you can only see from angle-never resolved.
    4. Wanted to fit roof rack- head office reply says vehicle canít take roof rack (vehicle comes out fitted overseas)
    5. Trip to Namibia on good sand roads.-bonnet bolts very loose shifting, doors ratting (all 4 nadir pins loose) door hinge to be replaced body panels and main support cross strut tightened during the trip. Protector plate loose.
    7. Pollen filter replaced Ė dealer says it doesnít have a pollen filter (so I took mine out to show them)
    10. Leak of some sort un-known, diagnosed as front shaft diff seal leak -6-8 months approx later after loss of ordered parts twice dealership find diesel leak on main rail pipe. This has now become obvious leak. Eventually pipe replaced and...... (No more front shaft seal leak!!)
    11. Told to check driveshaft not covered on warranty. About 46000km balanced and new universal joints
    13. Front suspension- braking and control of vehicle poor- lower control arm rubbers worn plus other small ones- about 50000km
    Steering box adjusted.
    16. Taken vehicle to dealership for diagnosis on vibration (headoffice came out to check and will send report still waiting (3mo later)
    18. Protector plate falls partially off- loss of bolts every time after service- new bolts washers put in and tightened much better rear brackets for plate both broken off.
    19. Front left CV/driveshaft disintegrated-still lots of grease in joint. 57000km

Eish, sorry to hear, doesnt sound good.

Chris
    Don't blow it, this is the only planet with beer!
    HYADES

CarloJK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZS6RES View Post
    Steering box adjusted.

What a list of problems and that all on a new vehicle .I take it that your next bakkie will also be a TATA then.

Not bad for a TATA
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Ha ha,
    And i approched tata sa, months ago and was promised assistance ...they couldnt even diagnoise
    Problems promise assistance even from head of tata motors in sa.
    Even gave them a business option which they seemed keen in the end it was nothing but a ploy to try sell me a new vehicle!

Even the Reginal head doesnt reply to emails anymore, will be posting a vid on youtube soon about it!

Started a fb page tata xenon quality

just to prove my point ...another guy with same problems..

RECENT ACTIVITY
    • Traveller is now friends with Cristina Nobion and Prashant Tanna.

• I have been using the xenon xt 4x4 for 2 yrs now , and all these fancy pictures makes me wonder . my vehicle has done 37,000 km only an lemme tel u my machine has become a piece of junk . i have taken utmost care an run into maintainence bills of over a lak til now , but all in vein . it only looks gud, mechanically it is of the poorest quality . be the front suspension , steering assembly , internal fitments everything has either ben overhauled or changed . and the biggest problem is you wil never get spares and tata wil take no responsibility for their poor built or services .
      for all the prospective buyers FORGET OFF-ROAD . THE XENON XT 4X4 WONT EVEN RUN TROUBLE FREE ON ROAD. on TATA Xenon XT's timeline.

Hi Guys sorry to hear about your problems but has a tata 2.5td 52000km used on a regular basis moz sodwanna transky knysna and tow a offroad trailer most of the time done a lot of 4x4 and have had no problems btween 11 to 14km pl and in the sand 4x4 lr 9.25 km per lt looking fw to the new tata as we are planning on gettining a new one when it arrives.

TATA did eventually come back and their customer service (tata directly not the distribution) and are fixing the vehicle.
    unfortunatly they had an accident not their fault though damage is minor.
    but what has been replaced>
    Clutch plate, pressure plate, release bearing replaced
    Discs and brake pads replaced
    Center link and tie rod ends replaced
    Idler arm and mountings replaced
    New Flywheel fitted
    Alignment done
    2xDrive belts replaced
    Fuel filter
    Oil Filter

Default Tata 2.2 xenon 4x4

SJOE MAAR DIE MANNE HET MAJOR PROBS MET HULLE TATAS,EK RY N 2010 2.2 XENON S/CAB 4X4 EN SOVER,TOUCH WOOD NIE MAJOR HASSLES NIE,NET N AIR CON POMP WAT GEKALF HET,STEERING POMP WAT GEGROET HET EN 1 OF 2 KLEIN MINOR GOEDJIES.
    EK WAS AL 3 X MOSAMBIEK TOE WAAR EK LEKKER OP DIE SANDPAAIE GECRUISE HET.
    JA DIE TATA DEALER IN PTA MENLYN PROBEER HARD MAAR DAAR IS BAIE RUIMTE VIR VERBETERING.
    EK SKAT AS N MENS N ''DUD'' TATA KOOP KAN DIT N MENS DALK BIETJIE BRIEK.....
    SO FAR SO GOOD,EK BEGIN NOU AL AAN AL DIE RATTLES GEWOOND RAAK,MAAR MET ALS PLASTIC IN N TATA,WAT KAN JY VERWAG?
    GOOD LUCK OU MAAT(ps as ek dit kon bekostig sou ek eerder n Ford koop)

Default Tata parte skaarser as hoendertanne

O ja,voor ek vergeet,as jy n major part moet vervang in jou tata is daar bad news vir jou ou maat,die spares word met n container van indie af laat kom,soms vat dit so lank dat ek dink hulle maak gebruik van n antieke dhow wat deur die moeson winde afrika toe gewaai word!!
    En moenie haastig wees nie meneer,jy gaan wag tot die koeie huis-toe kom vir jou parte pappa,tata sa.min oor jou probleme gespin.hulle verkoop miljoene tatas op die sub-kontinent as om oor 1 ontevrede customer in sa. Te worry.

Die tata was al wat ek kon bekostig,sou baie eerder n ford of nissan wou koop,elke keer as ek op die pad met my tata xenon 2.2 klim worry ek :wat gaan volgende blaas ?what next,em my warranty verstryk binnekort !!
    Wie het ooit gese n kar is n belegging,never.;d;d

Default tata 4x4 dc

The xenon 4x4. 2009 model. Has had the front suspension rebuilt twice. Front wish bones started breaking out at 40 000km. quite impressed with the fuel consumption doing average 12 to 14km/l. Engin is pretty good and has a lot of power.

Had front bumper bash with concrete truck. Cannot find new bumper now 1 year later still driving with the old bumper. Air-con pipe cut open as result of accident. Now 3 years later out of service plan diesel filters R650 each takes 2. Air filter not obtainable if you lucky the dealer might have one. Service from Tata really deteriorating and bad with agents taking off parts for other clients. Taking out fuses that operate windows etc. Doing only services.

Also have safari 2.2 Dicor 4X4 what a great vehicle 14km/l average

Thumbs up

I've had my Tata since 2011, and currently went for it's 60,000km service.
    In the 18 months that I had it, there were small problems, which was all attended to by Tata Edenvale. Issues that cropped us was: Head Lights not working due to faulty switch, window washers not operating, rear safety belts not releasing. Tata Edenvale was very helpfull, and even supplied me with a courtesy car when the Tata had to stay overnight. All of these problems occured before the 30,000km mark.
    Since then there were no issues except to respond in saying that the vehicle is a dream to live with, taking everything I can throw at it with aplomb.
    I will definately consider a 2nd Tata when time comes for replacement.

Hi,
    In the market for a dc. Looking at the TAta xenon. Any advise on this vehicle.
    Highly appreciated

Default Xenon 2.2 4x4 DC

Excellent vehicle- have fitted a Dastek chip with generic programming. Fuel consumption cruising at genuine 130Km/hr better than 10Km/l over 5 tanks. Very good off road ability. Have fitted slightly wider tyres- 235 Coopers.

The problem with Tata is the after sales service- whatever you do avoid Tata Pretoria North in terms of buying and also Tata Central (Pretoria) in terms of servicing- both are big on promise but bloody useless in execution.

Xenon

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast