Default Environmental & Conservation Projects & Causes Forum

Thanks to Dirk & the 4x4 Community for creating this sub-forum.

Many of our 4x4 community members are members of other clubs or associations and many of these clubs have some kind of regional or localised Environmental or Conservation Project much like we have with our current FOPS Borakalalo project. We commend them for this.

Together with this, the AAWDC is also launching it's own Environmental & Conservation Strategy and building a National project that will give us ordinary 4x4 owners an opportunity to give something back to nature, a resource that we all love, but sometimes take for granted.

The original idea and main aim for this sub-forum was to create an area within the greater 4x4 community where information with regards these projects could be easily disseminated and discussed. Where projects & initiatives could be launched & promoted. Where we could post information, newsletters & fundraising initiatives for Nature Conservation Bodies such as the Endangered Wildlife Trust, the Wildlife and Environment Society of SA and Birdlife SA to name a few.

I would ask that this be retained as the main topic for this forum but acknowledge that there is a lot of very interesting and current debate on various conservation topics & strategies around the world and encourage our members to keep up to date with it and discuss some of it here.
    We acknowledge that our members travel extensively and therefore have interests outside of our borders as do most of the conservation bodies, and would like to encourage support of the conservation bodies that work mostly within South & Southern Africa region rather than other geographic regions.

We all have our opinions with regards conservation, some of us hold very strong positions on these topics so my request is this,
    please keep it reasonable, rational & logical, the emotion is what normally puts paid to sensible debate.

Please let us know of your club's environmental & conservation strategy, are you involved in beach clean-ups? Iis your club sponsoring a project? I know that the 4wheel Drive Club, the Land Cruiser Club, The Land Rover Club, The Jeep Club all have current projects, please send us the details.

Last edited by DouglasN; 2009/12/08 at 10:36 PM.
    Doug Norval
    -------------------------------
    New & Used Car Sales Exec.
    HAVAL/GWM Fourways

Thumbs up Land Cruiser Club and Desert Lion Project

Doug, the LCCSA is involved in the Desert Lion Project and they have, combined with other sponsors, supplied a Cruiser for the DLP.They have not commited to maintain and repair it and a recent break-down was to the tune of R20k. They did jump in again and sorted the problem quickly. Should we not assist from the 4x4Comm as well, as it will be a big burden on the LCCSA, if they had to do all on their own. They always jumps in and help if there is a crisis, but it would be good if some-one else would be helping.
    Your Opinion?
    HJ
    Last edited by Hennie Jackson; 2009/12/09 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Text went missing
    Don't wait until too late to do what you want to - you will be old and sick and won't enjoy it then !!!!

Hi Doug
    "I know that the 4wheel Drive Club, the Land Cruiser Club, The Land Rover Club, The Jeep Club all have current projects, please send us the details."
    We at the LROC are heavily involved- As you probably know, we have been invited for the second year in a row to be the hosts for the Annual 4x4 4 Charity Ent, which will be held at hennps 4x4 this year on the 25th of July. The Charities normally are Solidarity's welfare arm and Irene Homes. However, this year I'm also trying to get EWT, SANPARKS, and WESSA involved by getting them to man an obstacle each. So in order to do an obstacle, you, as a 4x4 owner/club member, you will have to pay a R50 bucks in addition to the entrance fee at Hennops, which Hennopes has agreed to give R80 per vehicle to all these charities/conservation agencies.
    Best regards

LROC PRO
    Defender TD5
    Previous: '82 RR
    Series III R6

Thanks for the updates.
    Doug Norval
    HAVAL/GWM Fourways

Default Environmental Forum - Update

Hi All,

A quick thank you to Dirk for his support and to let you know that we now have our own email address as well

conservation @4x4community.com

To Henni & Jan, WATCH THIS SPACE!!
    Doug Norval
    HAVAL/GWM Fourways

Hey guy's

Im keen to get involved and help out when and where I can- could you let me know when you guys are next going through to Borakalalo?

Quote Originally Posted by JennaBowden View Post
    Hey guy's

Im keen to get involved and help out when and where I can- could you let me know when you guys are next going through to Borakalalo?
    Hi Jenna.

See this post.
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ad.php?t=50865

You can also send an email to conservation @4x4community.com
    or send Doug a PM
    89 110 V8

A closed mouth gathers no foot