Planning trip for jan to moz, need some help :)

Default Planning trip for jan to moz, need some help :)

Hi Guys,

Time has come to pose a question to the expierienced lol! My finacee and I are planning a trip in January to Mosambique. The original plan was to go to Inhassoro via Pafuri, but did some research and dont think it would be the smartest route (going solo, crossing the limpopo in the rainy season)
    My plan was going on a round trip from Kruger – Inhassaro –Inhambane – Xai Xai – Neslpruit – Home.
    I dont want to travel the same route there and back, and want to expierence africa off the tar round. Is there anyone out there that could suggest beutiful “africa” route, without having to face a river It should be adventourous and beautiful. We thinking of going through Giriyondo and then up to Inhassoro... So would love to know what the best route is for some doing it solo. I heard that there is new track4africa hard copy maps.. but working next to the central kalahari we are a but cut off J Any advise would be great

Thanks
    Jacques

vlam01 Guest

hi Jacque
    i also planning a trip to Mosambique.
    i just want to know what is the road like from Kosi baai to Maputo

Quote Originally Posted by vlam01 View Post
    hi Jacque
    i also planning a trip to Mosambique.
    i just want to know what is the road like from Kosi baai to Maputo
    It all depends if it had rained. The first part horrible sand +- 20km have not experience it when wet it is black could be muddy past Zitundu white sand in August the road were up to Tinti lodge/ Elephantgate rebuild but just past the top gate from the bridge to Salamanga for about 7KM the road turned into a deep mud pool but they worked on it so I also would like to know. Apperently they have upgraded the road to Catembe. Read it somewhere.The road to Boane is anyones guess for the many times i have used it when one part is ok , another part 1st - 2nd gear with a trailer. The big trucks use it up. Very slippery when wet . Nearly made a boboo at 20k's hour beware. Cowboys dont cry. Use your handbrake if you dont have difflock.