Voters
444. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

400 90.09%
  • No

44 9.91%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Females

asking swambo she says she wouldnt drive it...

so I'd let her, but she is more than happy being the navigator

- Owen
    2001 Mitsubishi Colt 2.4i Trailbuster
    Ironman Suspension
    40mm Body lift
    31x10.5x15 Cooper STTs

Jislaaik!
    I leave the forum for three days to do some hard work (rare, I admit!) and THIS is what happens? The moment you think there are no ladies watching you, you embark upon this subversive little escapade!

Julle ouens - you start a thread entitled "females" and have a poll about whether you would allow your wife to drive your 4 x 4?

I am ONTO YOU!!!! And I am watching you very, very carefully. We all know women are superior drivers to men, but that you boys don't want to share your toys. It's that simple.

I think it's time we got all the ladies together and - never mind a braai-off, we're tired of having to make the salads, desserts etc and wash the dishes - we need a drive-off : girls V boys. Just to give some of you nice blokes a reality check.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by loretta View Post
    Jislaaik!
    I leave the forum for three days to do some hard work (rare, I admit!) and THIS is what happens? The moment you think there are no ladies watching you, you embark upon this subversive little escapade!

Julle ouens - you start a thread entitled "females" and have a poll about whether you would allow your wife to drive your 4 x 4?

I am ONTO YOU!!!! And I am watching you very, very carefully. We all know women are superior drivers to men, but that you boys don't want to share your toys. It's that simple.

I think it's time we got all the ladies together and - never mind a braai-off, we're tired of having to make the salads, desserts etc and wash the dishes - we need a drive-off : girls V boys. Just to give some of you nice blokes a reality check.
    A lady with balls!!!, you go girl and stand up for your rights.....
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Ok Loretta.

Come with on a "Baboons", a "Letaba river" or a "Sekororo" type trip.

You have seen the threads, so put your name on the list. There are plenty in that category.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Henris View Post
    Ok Loretta.

Come with on a "Baboons", a "Letaba river" or a "Sekororo" type trip.

You have seen the threads, so put your name on the list. There are plenty in that category.
    Oh!!! thats unfair Henris, some of the men wont even do that.

Woman today are racing drivers, large truck drivers and even high crane ( Greenpoint Stadium) drivers and yes they can drive you mad some times, but we love them to bits hey
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Methinks loretta is still asleep. This thread was started in the very early days of this forum...

Oh BTW, I tried to organise a ladies only day at Atlantis Dunes last year sometime, an opportunity for the ladies to leave hubby at home. The response was abysmal...
    2015 Pajero Sport 4x4
    1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale)

Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

My wife purchased a Suzuki SJ410 for herself after the first time we went out. I stripped it down to fix and remove rust and so far it is still in boxes..

On our last trip to De Wildt, Swambo did some nice driving on the concrete track (thank goodness for the torque of the diesel). Them last September we went back routes to Cape Town and she did some driving on the gravel roads that made me scared with speeds up to 120 on 1.5 bar KL71's. and not even in 4x4 but in 2wd.

She is a very careful driver, and will have a problem now after all this time that we have not been out to get back behind the steering wheel.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab

SWAMBO doesn't even like driving on the road passes.
    She uses the Jeep as her DD but won't drive it offroad.

Women... SWAMBO has the ultimate offroad vehicle and she won't drive it offroad.
    Sitting in the garage is 340Hp sports car and she won't touch that iether...
    Talk softly, carry a big stick.

Erm.......we don't do "allow" in our marriage. That rather implies a pre 1930's (Married Womens Property Act and all that) state of affairs.

This is the only photo I could find at work.....I know it's hard to see the driver, but it is me taking the photo.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MikeAG; 2009/07/24 at 03:50 PM.
    "A poxy, feral, Brit architect who drinks bad beer and supports the wrong rugby team." Tony Weaver

"Mike for President" Freeflyd

My SWAMBO drives it whenever she wants to. I do not have a problem with that. She likes it very much
    Only thing that p****s me off is that when I get it back the drivers seat is right up against the steering (she is very short) and I can not get in without adjusting the seat every time

Niek van Wyk
    2007 FORD RANGER 3.0 TDCI 4x4 XLE DC

25d 44m 52s S
    28d 13m 52s E

I have a problem to keep mine out of the drivers seat. She has two turbo monsters to play with but as soon as there is a bit of traffic ....straight back in the Pajero
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

My wife loves driving both the Landys but the Disco is her favorite. If it wasn't so heavy on fuel she'd drive it all the time.
    A few months ago she took the Puma, full of ladies, to a church ladies camp. That was 170kms away. I was a bit worried at first but she drove it like a star.

I'm still battling for the last 10 years to get mine to drive a car. The last time I put her behind a wheel I had to be resuscitated

Helen has her own Prado and we went playing for about 5hrs today. Me with the LC and her in the Prado. Some nice rocks and some in the Limpopo River. She is getting bloody good at it. She didn't do some of the really rough stuff, but other she did very well.

Hopefully she will drive herself in next years Letaba River trip.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

Where are the lady 4x4 owners and drivers out there? I've owned and driven 3 Discoveries over the last 11 years. I'm a field guide (people love to call us by the romantic name of "game rangers" but that is someone who specifically deals with animal management not with the guests) who own my own mobile safari company and do trips in Southern Africa (up to mid Zambia). Therefore I drive many kms of offroad, sand, water etc. Just done an amazing trip up the Okavango panhandle through Mohembo borderpost into Namibia, Caprivi, back into Botswana at Ngoma bridge, Chobe, Tuli block and back home. 4000km in two weeks. Was great and I will have to do a trip report for Jurgens who sponsored an Xplorer offroad caravan for testing purposes. I also have to inform readers about bad road conditions between Nata and Kasane. 300kms took five and a half hours with dodging the potholes! I would avoid that road in future until its been rebuilt. Better option to drive through Zim.

Ladies come forth! I know there are some of you that can do this thing too!
    ET
    [/SIGPIC]
    SANParks Honorary Ranger (Pretoria Region)
    FGASA member
    Safari tour operator

"There can be no happier or more satisfying mode of existence
    than to live for a time in a country far away from all contact
    or reminders of the strife, conventionalities and empty vanities
    so inseparable from town life."
    Robert Sutherland, Zambezi Camp Fires

Thumbs up

My Girlfriend can't drive any car yet, her mom didn't push her to get her learners and licence when she was the right age

So now at 20 years of age, she can only start her moms Uno and keep it steady in 1st gear

I will teach her in due time with Casper, but he needs an overhaul for all the abuse I put him thru before she can attempt it behind the steering wheel.

BUT,...

She LOVES going with me - in fact, if she doesn't go with, then she is so upset it takes atleast 3 slabs of chocolates for her to speak to me again.

She doesn't get out when we get to an obstacle, she stays in the passanger seat and is a very good co-driver. She looks like a "sandton doll" that doesn't like the outdoors, but man she loves it when we hit the off-road track.
    Nico James Nell a.k.a Pilot Of Note
    2000 Hardbody 3,0i V6 D/C SE a.k.a CASPER 8)
    Winch Plate Nudge Bar
    Hella 500 Spots
    5mm Bashplate
    Camil Coilover Shocks (Front & Rear)
    Replacement Rear Bumper

Lid van die Nissan 4x4 Owners Klub

LBell Guest

We own a Landie R6 Series 3, 1984 Range Rover and our more recent Defender 130 and I love them all!
    The R6 is a tough cookie as there is no power steering and can be tough on long trips but you can be assured not to fall asleep behind the wheel!
    The Rangie is a monster and is the best toy on the dunes and sounds like a beast heading down our local beach road - definitely turns heads (the Rangie)!
    The new addition, Defender 130, is our overlanding vehicle - we are off Cape to Cairo and onwards from December 2009 with our two kids and looking forward to spending a year of my life in one of the most reliable vehicles ever made! (waiting in anticipation for the comments!)
    Have had Land Rovers for the past 11 years and will never deviate to a Land Cruiser.... and yes, this is from an opinionated woman driver!!

Default Vroulike lid

Sjoe nou voel ek baie alleeeeen!!!!!! Ek besit Prado V6 VX...beplan baie kms se ry en genot....20jaar se ondervinding as passasier, nou wil ek my eie ding doen...het Hilux SRX gehad voor Prado maar het gerol....soek nou meer veiligheid...besig met laaistelsel en buffers...beplan Zamb en Malawi vlgde jaar

Ek ken daai "bietjie bang vir als."
    Ek ken ook "jy wil mos, nou sit ons."
    So with lots of practise, enough food and water for two weeks on a one week journey and with the attitude of so what, I can camp here until help arrives, swambo has calmed down and has decided that there is no salf te smeer and that she might as well enjoy the trip.
    I cant get her to drive offroad yet but Im working on it. At my age Im loosing too much beer time while behind the steering wheel.

I believe my wife should be able to drive my 4x4, and she does so pretty well (had a great Instructor ), we often go on trips alone and should I become incapacitated she needs to be able to take over, then she may have to go back the way I came!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast