Pathfinder Petrol or Diesel

Default Pathfinder Petrol or Diesel

Ok, so i have found both a petrol and diesel version of the Pathfinder that i am interested in but i am still not sure which version to go for. These are my concerns, if anyone can help with any info regarding my final decision it would be greatly appreciated! Petrol: - High fuel consumption? I have a friend who has a petrol Navara and said that if you aren't majorly heavy on the pedal then the consumption is not that bad. Apparently there is some conversion that Rob Green does which will help on the consumption so long as you don't like to hear the sound when you put your foot down! Diesel: - Lower consumption? Suppose its all relative because if i push my Cherokee then the consumption goes through the roof! - Repair prices.. Spoke to a friend who is a diesel mechanic this weekend and he said to stay away from the diesel version as he is constantly getting them in and having to repair the pumps... And then i am having nightmares with the thought of having to replace injectors at stupidly high prices.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as usual!

Ok sorry, i did space this post out nicely but no matter what i do it keeps grouping everything together when i post!

I've had my diesel for more than 3 years and it just had its 60K service - no mechanical problems what so ever up to now. I am happy with it.
    2006 Nissan Pathfinder 2.5 CDI A. Skid plate, rear airbags, Hannibal roofrack.
    GX300 radio. 276C. Waeco 500W inverter.
    AND a 2005 R1200GS

Thanks for the reply but after today i have made my mind up, Petrol it is!! Think the turbo on the CRD Cherokee has just blown!! After going through two turbos on the polo and now this, i have had my lifetime fill of diesel vehicles now!!!!!