Langebaan

Thread: Langebaan

Default Langebaan

Hi Everyone

Recently moved to Langebaan and would like to know if there is any place I can go dune riding?

Cheers

Would love to join you in December. My folks live there and I will be spending a few weeks there from mid December!
    Nissan Terrano 2 LWB 2.7TDi - 2" lift - BFG KM2

I dont think you will find many dunes in Langebaan, but take a day trip to Atlantis. You will need a permit all details on the forum. This is a must trail for the Vaalies i thinks............

Cheers>>>>>>>>Ian<<<<<<<<<<<<<ORA
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Shame the last Langebaan dude doing a day trip to AD had to sleep in Cape Town as the mole heaps here were larger than GC. There are several 4x4 trail near Langebaan and one close to the Nature reserve. Can't recall the name but its a farm where they actually invite you for lunch with them. Kenny should have the details as he was there the last time I looked
    Morton the " BEAST " Berg
    3 Skid plates;75mm lift;275/70/16 Maxxis MT's;Merrit 16”rims;Maxe spots+ night breakers on all lights; Solace protection;TJM snorkel;TJM XGS shocks;TJM coils+Bellows; Maniac front & rear steel bumpers;Spare wheel and 3x Jerry can carriers;Rock sliders;Side awning;Front Runner roof rack; Dual batt system;Procool fridge/freezer;2xGarmin;clinometer;Twin free flow exhaust,Fini comp; ARB independent Airlockers F&B; Winch; Drawer Sys;50Lt Water tank;VHF&29Mhz(2)radios; 8x ss Fish road holders; Safety whip&flag.Future mods,Viper V10or Lex V8 Lumina 6lt

Quote Originally Posted by OFFROAD ADDICT View Post
    I dont think you will find many dunes in Langebaan, but take a day trip to Atlantis. You will need a permit all details on the forum. This is a must trail for the Vaalies i thinks............

Cheers>>>>>>>>Ian<<<<<<<<<<<<<ORA
    I am going to try my best to do Atlantis while Im down. Its not too far and I have to come through to Durbanville anyway!
    Nissan Terrano 2 LWB 2.7TDi - 2" lift - BFG KM2

Hey Guys

Thanks for the feedback,should have said "moved from Somerset West to Langebaan" NOT A VAALLIE.

Cheers

Milly

He,heee Milly thats still OUT OF TOWN Klein Tafelberg could be a good calling for you
    Morton the " BEAST " Berg
    3 Skid plates;75mm lift;275/70/16 Maxxis MT's;Merrit 16”rims;Maxe spots+ night breakers on all lights; Solace protection;TJM snorkel;TJM XGS shocks;TJM coils+Bellows; Maniac front & rear steel bumpers;Spare wheel and 3x Jerry can carriers;Rock sliders;Side awning;Front Runner roof rack; Dual batt system;Procool fridge/freezer;2xGarmin;clinometer;Twin free flow exhaust,Fini comp; ARB independent Airlockers F&B; Winch; Drawer Sys;50Lt Water tank;VHF&29Mhz(2)radios; 8x ss Fish road holders; Safety whip&flag.Future mods,Viper V10or Lex V8 Lumina 6lt

Buffelsfontein, near the West Coast National Park has a dune trail - not that challenging but still fun.
    2007 Colt Rodeo 3000I V6 D/C 4x4
    Dual battery system
    57 mm freeflow system
    General Grabber AT3's
    Challenger Bundu Basher Off-road trailer aka Bos Parra

Hi Guys

Im going to be there from the 23 Dec till 28 Dec There is a well sort of trail Patrannoster(spelling) which consist of sand nice view of beach it follows the coast for a while.

Then on your way to Patr....... there is a turn off to the left which takes you to a camp site which has a few hills not big but enough to have some fun.

Sorry i dont have the names of these places but I found these by just driving around.
    Fortuner 4x4 3.0 D4d 2013

I love Langebaan. Must be the best town with the greatest people in the country. Unfortunately I wont be able to go there this December (I'm normally there every December and also many times through out the year), because I am in Joburg for work!!!!!!!

or take a weekend trip out to The Dunes at Lamberts Bay. It's worth the trip...
    DV8 - I'D RATHER BE OFFROAD

2009 Disco 3 TDV6 HSE- stock (for now, but don't tell SWAMBO!)
    1996 Disco V8i \ K&N Hyperformance Filter \ Unichip \ SAC Freeflow exhaust system \ Ironman Suspension
    in a previous life, 1973 2.25l Series III SWB Landy - "Striptease" and 1969 2.25l Series IIA SWB Landy - "Lazarus". ITC Parabolic suspension \ Monroe Gas Magnum 4x4 shocks \ SAC freeflow exhaust system.

I'll second DV8 the dunes 4x4 trip in Lamberts Bay is worth the trip.
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

Dunes in Lambert Bay, YES i forgot about that one but you have to book there. This is a great place.

Only thing nice about Saldahana is the beach restaurant " Strandloper"
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian