Loading a Jimny - Page 17





Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 362

Thread: Loading a Jimny

  1. #321
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8
    Thanked: 0

    Default Orerak

    Morning Guys

    Want to start building my own Orerak this weekend, but before I go to the trouble I wanted to check whether there is nobody that maybe have one available to sell?

    Preferably looking for the one that fits on top of the rear seats, but the bottom floorboard will also work.

    Thanks
    2012 Suzuki Jimny
    Sony Single Din Radio with coin tray, Black PC Rims, 40mm Space Lift, Lemon Transfercase Undies, Steering Damper

  2. #322
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    91
    Posts
    740
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Please take photos and keep us posted. I have the floorboard and roof-rack as that works for me.
    But would like look as yours.

  3. #323
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    166
    Thanked: 0

    Default


  4. #324
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    166
    Thanked: 0

    Default


  5. #325
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    166
    Thanked: 0

    Default


  6. #326
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    41
    Posts
    575
    Thanked: 15

    Default

    Ek bring nou myne oor, dan doen jy dieselfde... Dis mos nou 'n netjiese joppie.
    Last edited by ZukiRuki; 2015/08/21 at 04:45 PM.
    Ewald


    Have Jimny. Will play.

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Vreesloos!

    Magtag dit is mos nou n netjiese joppie hierdie! Regtig beindruk.
    Maar nou het jy ons almal net geinteresseer - jy gaan moet uitbrei haha. Lyk asof jy die onderste raam aan die Zook se bodem gemount het?

    Sal jy dalk omgee om jou sketse te deel?
    2012 Suzuki Jimny
    Sony Single Din Radio with coin tray, Black PC Rims, 40mm Space Lift, Lemon Transfercase Undies, Steering Damper

  8. #328
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,686
    Thanked: 1418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vreesloos View Post
    Is jou Jimny plasti-dipped?
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2018/06/17 at 11:30 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone


  9. #329
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    166
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Is jou Jimny plati-dipped?
    Ja

  10. #330
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    166
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Moon View Post
    Vreesloos!

    Magtag dit is mos nou n netjiese joppie hierdie! Regtig beindruk.
    Maar nou het jy ons almal net geinteresseer - jy gaan moet uitbrei haha. Lyk asof jy die onderste raam aan die Zook se bodem gemount het?

    Sal jy dalk omgee om jou sketse te deel?
    Ek sal later. Nog besig met hom.

  11. #331
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    44
    Posts
    193
    Thanked: 18

    Default

    Guys

    Need some guidance here

    2 adults, one child

    Jimny
    Roof rack will have
    Pop up tents
    Tables
    Chairs
    Jerry cans

    I then have
    National luna battery box
    Snow master fridge

    Where do I put these two

    I was think

    National luna on roof rack with cables etc
    Fridge inside on one seat

    Help a newbie here

    We doing a trip of 2 weeks plus to
    Nata
    Chobe
    Vic falls
    Caprivi
    Delta
    Moremi
    Moan
    Elephant Sands
    2015 Jimny, Africa explorer
    2015 Renault GT 220
    2016 Ford Focus Rs


    Man cave full of MTB bikes

    Ex 2011 Renault RS 250 Cup
    Ex 2001 Renault Clio sport 2.0l

  12. #332
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    91
    Posts
    740
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm4x4 View Post
    Guys Need some guidance here

    Add clothes, food, sleeping bags, basic recovery, basic first aid, braai, gas bottle, lighting, toiletries to your rather bulky list and I am not too sure with 3 up and with back seats in.......?

  13. #333
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    44
    Posts
    193
    Thanked: 18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MayorGoodman View Post
    Add clothes, food, sleeping bags, basic recovery, basic first aid, braai, gas bottle, lighting, toiletries to your rather bulky list and I am not too sure with 3 up and with back seats in.......?
    Agree, if i was doing the full camp for the full time, there is allot of lodge sleep overs as well.

    braai goods etc, i am not worried about as i have booked for supper at the places.

    I do allot of adventure MTB ( ( days unassisted etc etc etc) so know what i need, hence these been my "new" toys and wanting guidance on where can they go?
    2015 Jimny, Africa explorer
    2015 Renault GT 220
    2016 Ford Focus Rs


    Man cave full of MTB bikes

    Ex 2011 Renault RS 250 Cup
    Ex 2001 Renault Clio sport 2.0l

  14. #334
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    91
    Posts
    740
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm4x4 View Post
    Agree, if i was doing the full camp for the full time, there is allot of lodge sleep overs as well.

    braai goods etc, i am not worried about as i have booked for supper at the places.

    I do allot of adventure MTB ( ( days unassisted etc etc etc) so know what i need, hence these been my "new" toys and wanting guidance on where can they go?

    Excellent. I am probably sensitive because I battle with space.


    Enjoy the trip Norm4x4, would love to see your rig when you are packed and ready to go.

  15. #335
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    44
    Posts
    193
    Thanked: 18

    Default

    All good, its good to ask and make sure,
    2015 Jimny, Africa explorer
    2015 Renault GT 220
    2016 Ford Focus Rs


    Man cave full of MTB bikes

    Ex 2011 Renault RS 250 Cup
    Ex 2001 Renault Clio sport 2.0l

  16. #336
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,967
    Thanked: 88

    Default

    Norm4x4

    I have got a fridge slide behind the driver seat that takes the fridge and battery.

    But that makes the space for the little one (now 11) a bit cramped. Bought a 5ft trailer and it works wonders but the Jimny will struggle in the sand with a trailer I think.

    We are contemplating getting a bigger vehicle but it would be very hard to let the Jimny go
    Last edited by Jeepanator; 2015/08/26 at 02:10 PM.
    Zone Built JEEP 018
    ORRA AG42
    2013 Jeep JK Rubicon

  17. #337
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kimberley
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanked: 18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vreesloos View Post
    What size wood did you use? I am going to be putting something together this weekend.

  18. #338
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    44
    Posts
    193
    Thanked: 18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boskoets View Post
    Norm4x4

    I have got a fridge slide behind the driver seat that takes the fridge and battery.

    But that makes the space for the little one (now 11) a bit cramped. Bought a 5ft trailer and it works wonders but the Jimny will struggle in the sand with a trailer I think.

    We are contemplating getting a bigger vehicle but it would be very hard to let the Jimny go
    i am fortunate, that mine is only want his game and the wild nature when we there, so no lagging along hordes of K....,

    I have a 5 foot trailer already but would prefer to leave it at home in Dec for this trip.

    Thats why i am thinking of putting the National Luna on the roof with straps etc to free up space inside,

    Everything else i have is small, and i mean small from my MTB rides etc etc.
    2015 Jimny, Africa explorer
    2015 Renault GT 220
    2016 Ford Focus Rs


    Man cave full of MTB bikes

    Ex 2011 Renault RS 250 Cup
    Ex 2001 Renault Clio sport 2.0l

  19. #339
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,967
    Thanked: 88

    Default

    Don't go over 40kg on the roof maybe 50kg if you have a aftermarket suspension.

    because the Jimny is light, short and narrow loading on the roof is very limited.
    Zone Built JEEP 018
    ORRA AG42
    2013 Jeep JK Rubicon

  20. #340
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,579
    Thanked: 326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm4x4 View Post
    i am fortunate, that mine is only want his game and the wild nature when we there, so no lagging along hordes of K....,

    I have a 5 foot trailer already but would prefer to leave it at home in Dec for this trip.

    Thats why i am thinking of putting the National Luna on the roof with straps etc to free up space inside,

    Everything else i have is small, and i mean small from my MTB rides etc etc.
    I don't think putting a battery on the roof is a good idea.
    Wizerd does a dual battery setup, with the second battery under the bonnet.
    Vic

    "We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

    2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2012/07/21, 12:05 PM
  2. Jimny - Wobling steering wheel
    By Monkey-D in forum Suzuki
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 2011/09/14, 10:29 PM
  3. Jimny for a daily.
    By Stevh0 in forum Suzuki
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 2009/11/26, 12:23 PM
  4. SA Women vote Suzuki Jimny Tops
    By Sawdust in forum Suzuki
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009/10/16, 10:43 AM
  5. Jimny goes to Tiffendell
    By Sawdust in forum Suzuki
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2009/08/20, 02:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •