Why so few Patrol GL's?

Default Why so few Patrol GL's?

I'm slowly starting to look at options for replacing the Colt and the petrol Patrols are looking very nice! There are plenty of GRX's around for quite decent prices, but I've yet to see a 4.8 GL? For my requirements, the GL would suit me better, but it doesn't look like they go on the market too frequently.
    Or is it just me?

Jip the owners dont let go of them once they found them but keep looking you will get one I looked 2 months for mine.
    Mazda BT 50
    2013 auto 3.2 4x4
    (aka Mazdarati)
    Towing our moblie home
    Imagine Comfortvan

Don't get confused between my personality & attitude. My Personality is who I AM, my attitude depends on who YOU are!!!

Yup, ek sien so!

Quote Originally Posted by ajduplooy View Post
    Jip the owners dont let go of them once they found them but keep looking you will get one I looked 2 months for mine.

I am wondering about something else. Lunar has been trying to sell his for about two months (maybe even longer) now.

Now everybody tells us what a nice car the Patrol is, how it is better value for money than Cruisers, how reliable, comfortable it is etc .... (not argueing this now!). But when it comes to selling, they seem to go slow? I now know of Lunar and other guys who is/has been trying to sell their's unsucsesfully.
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

I agree Uys, but I don't think it is limited to only Patrols. I've done a bit of reading here and there, and on the LCCSA forum some of the guys have complained about how much harder it is to sell a 79 4.5 than the diesel. Also that you will take a bigger knock, should you sell a petrol than a diesel. Whether that holds for 105's too, I don't know. The general feeling was that you buy the petrol to keep it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post
    I am wondering about something else. Lunar has been trying to sell his for about two months (maybe even longer) now.

Now everybody tells us what a nice car the Patrol is, how it is better value for money than Cruisers, how reliable, comfortable it is etc .... (not argueing this now!). But when it comes to selling, they seem to go slow? I now know of Lunar and other guys who is/has been trying to sell their's unsucsesfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post

Its an automatic thats why. I now know of 5 peolple looking for a manual one.
    Mazda BT 50
    2013 auto 3.2 4x4
    (aka Mazdarati)
    Towing our moblie home
    Imagine Comfortvan

Don't get confused between my personality & attitude. My Personality is who I AM, my attitude depends on who YOU are!!!