Camp chimes -xmas party gtg proposal - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

For a sleep-over I would also vote for De Wildt.
    Jaco van Schalkwyk
    Land Cruiser Prado VX
    [email protected]

Hi Guys...

What about Bass Lake? There is a nice trail plus other facilities!

I'm in on a sleepover wherever, whenever.
    Jeep Wrangler

One life. Live it

I agree about the safty issues at chimes & chloorkop ... maybe the locals are even more syhte scared than we are when they see all these 4x4's every weekend
    Maybe we should have GTG with all the extras but skip the sleep over and make it a early night or move the festivities to a safer venue after the drive ?
    Clayton Miles
    Benoni
    D4 V8 HSE
    Navara 2.5 DCI 4x4

bernice did enquire at bass lake today, its a bit pricey to sleep over.would deter people i think.
    Tinted windows.
    Dual battery.
    OME shocks.

hey guys i think the idea of a Chimes sleep over sounds good but safety is a factor (heard from my cousin that lives not to far away). i would think the idea of a sleep over somewhere close by where all can stay with the same "AWAY" effect is great (like a real camp over). Start early Saturday morning, enjoy the whole day, depart for evening festivities and then all return the next morning after breakfast for more fun in the sun till say noon so you can still get home safely. is there not perhaps a carvan park close by or something to that effect?

By the By- i will look at my budget and see if i can make this GTG. shite Chimes sounds so good to me.
    WEAPON OF MASS CONSUMPTION

33" Hankook MT's | Blitz 15" rims | RC 6.5" lift kit | Custom roof carrier | Roof top spots | Custom Rock rails | Raised fender flares b| Custom cup holders

To come:

Custom drop brackets | Custom front/rear bumpers | Rear tyre carrier | Winch | Home brew snorkel

I proposed this idea as to have a fun event to end the year!i do realize that safety,abultions ,running water is a big concern and there are objections to this.if u get stuck in the mud one needs to make a plan to get out,so lets find a solution to the objections and make this work.come up with suggestions.surely their must be members with the right contacts,i just rememberd the heliport,close to the playground,big space for camping relatively safe.
    but come to think of it this way:it is only one night!can smell a little so what take a 20 lt can of water to wash face and brush teeth we did it in thae army and survived sure we can do it for a party,what does a shower help if u are going to stand arourd a bon fire chating about the days exitement with a drink in the hand? going to smell like a strawhut anyway.
    hopefuly we can discus the idea on sunday and post more details on monday

Chimes has lots of running water...
    Mazda-replaced by Peugeot and JEEP

Life is tough, its even tougher if you stupid!!!

What about really getting away from the smog? Rebellie has a rating up to 5, has excellent facilities,brilliant scenery and only 2 hours away,no crime,clean and somewhere different! It is a overnighter!
    A legend in his own mind

What about Riverside 4x4 where Doug was recently?
    Hilux Dakar & Comfort trailer
    The first 40 years of childhood are the toughest!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    What about Riverside 4x4 where Doug was recently?
    Not sure if it was Riverside, it was called Valsrivier Quad & 4x4 track if I remember correctly but yes it would actually suite the requirement very well.

One of the legs of the Bridgestone challenge was held there earlier in the year.

There is a nice campsite, has some ablutions & showers and a few electrical points. The owners are good guys and arrangements can made. Also can do pre-arranged catering at their on-site restuarant/kuierplekkie.

There are 4 trails and there is quite a large "gymkana" area with various obstacle routes marked out from easy to "O F". You can make it as easy or as hard as you like. Wasn't a lot of water around though, think this might be a problem for the "Chimes gang". There were some EXTREME inclines & descents.

Just behind Kroonstad. 209km

edit: we had 16 camping families in our trip and there was still space.
    Last edited by DouglasN; 2009/11/12 at 05:47 PM.

Why not get the tent and stuff up the previous day, everyone gets there early Sat morning and do your things, and finished by nightfall Sat night? That is now Chimes

HI ALL.
    the chimes "all welcome bash" is currently on hold as it looks like we may have a sponsor.
    A local mag wants to cover the event,sadly we have to travel to Natal somewhere,but will keep all posted as word gets in.
    thanks.
    Tinted windows.
    Dual battery.
    OME shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.0 TURBO WJ View Post
    Good day all
    i have a proposal for a one nite sleepover camp chimes xmas party for around the weekend of the 12/13 december.
    the idea is that we get together for two days of fun at the chimes,set up camp on saturday morning,do the trails have a spitbraai on saturday nite ,mabe breakfast on sunday,play some more and pack up sunday afternoon.

there are no facilities at the chimes so we have to provide everything ourselves bring a tent,caravan,porta poty,generator,gazebo,chairs,ect

hopefully this idea takes off and with the input of members it can be a great sucsess,mabe we have some great organizers that could do,help with the following things
    1 have contacts to organize some porta loos
    2 some generators
    3 a marques tent,army tent ...
    4 campers to bring shade net boma if they own some
    5 volenteer as a organizer/commitee member that can get things done
    6 have a contact in the butchery field that can assist with a spit braai
    7 spot lights for the evening festivities
    8 a sound system
    9 a 4x4 related present per vehicle as a entry fee ( +- R150.00) suggetion
    10 only costs would be to cover cost of spitbraai, sheep for small group ox for a croud!

the chimes is a free and very intristing play ground so all is welcome,just view the chimes threads!
    hope they ........................ naaaah
    WEAPON OF MASS CONSUMPTION

33" Hankook MT's | Blitz 15" rims | RC 6.5" lift kit | Custom roof carrier | Roof top spots | Custom Rock rails | Raised fender flares b| Custom cup holders

To come:

Custom drop brackets | Custom front/rear bumpers | Rear tyre carrier | Winch | Home brew snorkel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2