Default Who is the best Netstar or Tracker?

I donít like making posts like these, but today I experienced it again, for the second time in two months!
    Two months ago I looked around for a tracking company. I did not shop around for the lowest monthly fee but wanted a well known and trusted brand, so I tried to do business with Tracker and Netstar (only).
    Netstarís website was easier to understand and they were quick out of the blocks. By the time that Tracker called me back, the Netstar was already installed!
    At that stage I wanted to share with you good folk but I did not because I thought maybe Tracker had bad hairday.
    Now a few days ago, I bought a new 2nd hand vehicle which already has a Tracker installed. Yesterday the ex owner of the vehicle cancelled his subscription and told Tracker to contact me. Because I donít want to wait too long to get it activated I tried to phone Tracker this morning first thing. Their number was just engaged even after a few attempts. I also logged a Please Call me on their website this morning early.
    So during the day, I also cancelled my Netstar in my old vehicle. That took less than 2 minutes (including the change of ownership), what a pleasure.
    At 16h00 this afternoon when I have not heard anything from Tracker I thought I will phone them Ö after 10 minutes no joy. So then I tried to give a senior person (like the MD) at Tracker some free advice on how their service compares to that of Netstar (in my work I am involved in research processes that companies pay hundreds of thousands of Rands for to find out these things!). After half an hour on the phone I managed to speak to a senior complaints lady (only). I was tempted to accept her offer for help (I did not give her my contact details, I am not after ďgood serviceĒ, only if I complain, I want it all the time) but I am resisting that. I want to wait and see when they call me back. And I think it is good if the public hears about service levels first hand and not only hear empty promises from Tim!

And finally my favourite saying (especially to Allan): ďNever underestimate the power of a large group of stupid peopleĒ
    Toyota Prado 4.0l Petrol
    OME Suspension
    B'rakhah Ingonyama Offroad Camper

Previously2002 Disco TD5

Tracker has not yet called me!

Netstar on the other hand gave me a courtesy call this morning (out of the blue) to say that they are getting a very weak signal from our other car and that I need to take it in to replace the battery!

Anybody want a Tracker unit for free?
    Toyota Prado 4.0l Petrol
    OME Suspension
    B'rakhah Ingonyama Offroad Camper

Previously2002 Disco TD5

Default Tracker service

Eduard,phone Tracker head office and ask to speak to Thinus Odendal,he is the operations manager and i am sure he would like to hear about the poor level of service (or lack of) and sort you out.Good luck . Leon