EC Offroad Adventures - 4x4 Info Get Together

Default EC Offroad Adventures - 4x4 Info Get Together

EC Offroad Adventures will be hosting the first 4x4 Info Get Together this coming Thursday (5 November 2009).

This will coincide with the opening of 4x4 Mega World's new shop at 183 Heugh Road, Walmer.

Date: 5 November 2009
    Time: 18:30 for 19:00
    What to bring: A camping chair and a keen interest in all things 4x4 related.
    What will be provided: Boerewors rolls and drinks.

There will be some lucky draw prizes as well!

We want to appeal to anyone in the 4x4 or related industries, to please contact us, as we are looking for companies/individuals to come and tell people more about their product/service at upcoming events.

You don't just have to sell yourself, but if you want to share information on an interesting topic, you're welcome to do so.

For example, if you do 4x4 training, you can tell the people about winching operations; or if you sell tyres, you can come and show people how do to an emergency tyre repair; etc.

As consumers, you are also welcome suggest products or suppliers you would like to see at the 4x4 Info G2G's.

Help us to grow the industry in the Eastern Cape for the benefit of all involved.

Just drop a mail to [email protected] if you're going to come so that we know how many people to expect.
    Chris Meistre

4ePajero Guest

When are you guys doing something for us here in East London?

PE is a bit far for us!

And EL is a bit far for us

To go there and recce something, then go back there again to run the event will get quite expensive, unless we can get someone there to do all the leg work.

A little birdie told me that there may be a new 4x4 store opening in East London early next year so maybe we can arrange something similar to coincide. The best way to do a get together would probably be to find a trail near Grahamstown or Port Alfred for the PE an Slummies guys to meet halfway.
    Partner Adventure 4X4 Academy
    http://www.4x4training.co.za

Yip, heard something similar

We can definately look at something around that time.

We're already planning to do the GPS Challenge in the Grahamstown area next year March to bring it closer to other parts of the Eastern Cape.

4ePikanini Guest

There are a few East London members judging by the East London list

If you arrange something at Die kraal ( a bit down the list ) well in advance I'm sure there would be more than just East Londeners that would make a weekend of it.

Ja, ek wil baie graag de Kraal gaan doen.

That birdie did the rounds

My next training day in East London is on Saturday 28 November at De Kraal. Maybe we can schedule a GTG over that weekend. Training on Saturday and trail on Sunday??

4ePikanini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Clark View Post
    My next training day in East London is on Saturday 28 November at De Kraal. Maybe we can schedule a GTG over that weekend. Training on Saturday and trail on Sunday??
    Is that paired with the Mitsu day?

Can a stock pajero make it? Is there bail out areas should I be a chicken as I would like to do the easy stuff but not the really hard stuff.

But definitely count me in, even if I have to drive with someone braver than me....

Is there place to camp? Would be nice to have a camping weekend close to home.

For the training day there are opt chicken runs for the tricky sections but most of the terrain we use can be conquered without the correct guidance.

The trail however can be as tough or easy as we want to make it. There are 3 routes to choose from - the standard route, a mountain route and a river route - each has its own challenges. I will get the owner Peter to act as route guide.

I will give him a call today to get accommodation/trail rates.

4ePikanini Guest

Let's see the interest.

I have started a 'draadjie' HERE

Last night went very well!

At one point I counted over 60 4x4's outside the new 4x4 Mega World shop and there must have been over 100 people.

That is a really good turn out for an otherwise slow to respond Port Elizabeth.

We had a few speakers who each gave a short talk on various subjects, and then we got to view the first episode of 4x4 Mega World's new TV series "Gearing Up". Gearing Up is due to hit the TV screens early next year.

We thank everyone that attended, if you have any suggestions to make it better next time, please don't hesitate to contact us. Go to www.ec-offroad.co.za where you will find our contact details.

Lastly we have to thank Kurt and his staff from 4x4 Mega World for supplying the drinks, the boerewors rolls, and doing all the preparations. A week ago the shop was completely empty and in only a few days they had everything up and running in the showroom.