Looking for some old SA Top 20 music

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink Looking for some old SA Top 20 music

Hey Guys

I collect music, songs that were on the SA charts from the Fifies right through to the Noughties, but mostly from the 60s through to the 80s.

I have:
    761 Top 20 hit songs from the 60s;
    1316 Top 20 hit songs from the 70s;
    949 Top 20 hit songs from the 80s

There are some songs I am looking for (for now that is).

1. Vin Rose - Stu Phillips 10 Jan '69 it was @ no 9 on the SA Top 20 (on T20 3 weeks)

2. Nosy Rosey - Jerome 13th Aug '71 it was @ no 13 on the SA Top 20 (on T20 5 weeks), this was a "one hit wonder"

3. Hello Girl - Dr Marigolds 15th Mar '74 it was @ no 1 on the SA Top 20 (on T20 16 weeks), this was also a "one hit wonder"

Can anybody help me with any of these on any format; 7" Single, 12" Album or MP3?

I have gone to great lengths to get some of the stuff I am lookin for. Examples are;

1. Milky Ways - Columbus 31 Oct '75 No 1 on SA T20 (was on T20 for 15 weeks) this was a "one hit wonder"- I found it on eBay in France but could not understand what it said on the site, French not being my strong point! The postage is the big stumbling block, being between 7 and 10 Euro a shot to send from Europe to Africa. I emailed my sister-in-law in Paris and she won the bid at Eur 3.00 and got it sent to her address in Paris. She brought if for me when she came to SA 3 months later.

2. A Summer Prayer for Peace - The Archies (1971) - bid for it on Ebay in USA, I was the successful bidder. It was sent to me by the seller from Harare.

3. Mango, Mango (sixty nine) - Tidal Wave (SA Group) (1971) - bid for it on eBay in USA but missed out when the bidding closed at 03h30 in the morning SA time!! I put in a bid of US$5.00 at 03h25 and a counter bid was entered for $5.50 with just a minute to go. The seven single had a "SABC demo stock" stamp on it. Somehow it had made its way from Auckland Park in Jhb to California and nearly back to Jhb!! After the auction I contacted the seller in California and he had made an MP3 version of it before he sold it, of which he then sent me a copy on a CD along with some other music as well. He is a total fan of Eddie Eckstein and the Bats and I sent him two of their CDs in return.

4. Number 1 and 3 of the songs I am looking for were sold on Bidorbuy.co.za by a seller from Paarl to a collector in Durban in April this year. I only discovered that these two records were up for sale in June. These two seven singles were part of a collection of 31 seven single records in one of those folders you used to get to keep your records safe and together. I cannot connect to either the seller or buyer. eBay allows this, but Bid or Buy does not have this facility.

Regards

Malcolm.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired but remained living in Johannesburg (love it here, can find everything you want and need here in Jhb)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (Standard Traction Control plus Front Diff Locker)
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL (Packing system, 60lt water tank, std rear locker, LOKKA on front, two 105ah aux batteries on NL system, larger Cirrus intercooler, complete 76mm exhaust system)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (extra luggage space for customers on when on safari (with 160 H/Moon Star Gazer RTT and 100lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi (Limited Slip Diffs Front and Rear) with Jurgens RTT for Guiding trips
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II for personal camping
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto (disaster that box was!) - Lexus V8 transplant
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari (Poelies Vehn) 2.8 Stationwagon with 5 speed conversion, rusted like it was paid to rust!
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle) that whet my appetite for overlanding.
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

Hi
    Have you tried limewire, just becarefull of virus files , but I get most of my music from there

Andre Joubert
    08 Merc C 220 CDI AMG (Wifes car )
    01 Pajero 4.0 GLS Auto 5D
    EX- 02-Toyota Hilux 2.7
    EX- 97 Disco V8

DVR Guest

Hi Malcom
    On what form is your collection ? I still got 3boxes full of LP'S and 7 singles, even still brand new Bach and Beethoven gramephone records.
    And is your collection foresale ?
    DIRK

Dirk,
    My collection is on MP3, but have many vinyls, 12" and 7" even som 9" shelacks. These I do not really want, so if you are interested, I can come and drop some at your place. Have some very good classical stuff too, but that is not what I collect.

My collection is SA Top 20 Popular music, pop, rock & roll, bues, country sommer alles, die soort van goed wat hulle op LM gespeel het,

The song I am looking for is not even on Limewire, they dont really have SA music on these international sites. I use these eastern European sites where you buy and download songs for around R1,50 each quite a bit.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired but remained living in Johannesburg (love it here, can find everything you want and need here in Jhb)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (Standard Traction Control plus Front Diff Locker)
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL (Packing system, 60lt water tank, std rear locker, LOKKA on front, two 105ah aux batteries on NL system, larger Cirrus intercooler, complete 76mm exhaust system)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (extra luggage space for customers on when on safari (with 160 H/Moon Star Gazer RTT and 100lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi (Limited Slip Diffs Front and Rear) with Jurgens RTT for Guiding trips
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto (disaster that box was!) - Lexus V8 transplant
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari (Poelies Vehn) 2.8 Stationwagon with 5 speed conversion, rusted like it was paid to rust!
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle) that whet my appetite for overlanding.
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

Hier is Nosy Rosey,

http://cgi.ebay.nl/JEROME-7-45-PROMO...Music_on_Vinyl

maar teen $12 plus $8 vir pos en dan 50% invoer belasting en vat is dit baaaaaie geld vir net een song!!
    Last edited by mvcoller; 2009/10/29 at 12:07 AM.
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec

And here is "Vin Rose" and "Hello girl" that I missed:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/12225...es_RPM_45.html

Sad, so sad
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec

Could spend a year listening to your music
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

I have Vin Rose on a 7 somewhere. Will make a copy for you
    Johann Bredell

Johan,

Thanx I appreciate it. Will pm you my email address.

You are not perhaps that seller in Paarl who sold those seven singles? LOL

Malcolm
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec

Johan

Ek sien ons het albei so pas ons 3e verjaarsdag hier gevier....
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec

Try good old "Springbok radio" http://www.springbokradio.com/archive.html

Quote Originally Posted by mvcoller View Post
    Johan,

Thanx I appreciate it. Will pm you my email address.

You are not perhaps that seller in Paarl who sold those seven singles? LOL

Malcolm
    Nee ek sal eerder koop as verkoop. Sal die naweek dit gou "rip". Hoope die kwaliteit is nie te sleg nie. My 7's het maar swaar jare agter die rug.
    Johann Bredell

Chabby,

I have been to the Springbok Radio site before, very interesting. The is also an LM Radio website, also very interesting: http://www.lmradio.org/

This is also a very informative site, regarding SA charts: http://www.rock.co.za/files/sarock_charts.html

They all have a lot of info, but unfortunately do not sell music. I am after the music.
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec

Quote Originally Posted by mvcoller View Post
    .... Have some very good classical stuff too, but that is not what I collect.
    Malcolm, wat het jy daar - en het jy 'n prys daarop ?
    Johan Mitchell, .... r.i.v. Swambo Marthie

My beste kennis is diť oor my eie onkunde

'96 Colt DC V8 ... Safari Camper ... '88 Fleetline L
    '88 Ballade 150 ... sold
    "The rule here is that there is no rule" .. MikeAG

Jbeez,

Did you manage to get that song ripped?

Once ripped and saved (128 bps) you can email it to me, as long as its 3meg or smaller.

Regards

Malcolm

Still looking for "Hello Girl"
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec

Hier is Nosy Rosey,

http://cgi.ebay.nl/JEROME-7-45-PROMO...Music_on_Vinyl

maar teen $12 plus $8 vir pos en dan 50% invoer belasting en vat is dit baaaaaie geld vir net een song!!

Malcolm, het jy reggekom, of soek jy nog? Ek sou moontlik kan help, maar dit sal tyd vat. Het kontakte in US, maar dit gaan deur verskeie kanale om dit te bekom. Laat weet my, dan sal ek probeer.

Groetnis.
    I might be a FOOL, but I am an OLD fool - from unknown.

Dankie Ockert123,

Soek nog steeds na "Vin Rose", Nosey Rosie" en "Hello Girl". Sal waardeer as jy kan help.

Malcolm
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec

Goed Malcolm, ek sal probeer. Dit is so 'n ketting reaksie, maar betroubare mense. Sal jou op hoogte hou.
    I might be a FOOL, but I am an OLD fool - from unknown.

Dankie, ek waardeer dit
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec

Hier is een van die liedjies wat ek gekry het.
    Ek gaan dit liefs nie email nie, maar ek het dit vir jou opgelaai op 'QuickShare'.
    So jy kan dit daar aflaai.
    (edit* link deleted. It is probebly copyrighted and against the TOS to post links here) But I guess you already downloaded it...... pm me if you need the link again)
    Last edited by jdjoubert; 2010/03/03 at 02:12 PM.
    No more Jeeps for me for a while.
    2009 Ford Ranger PK 3.0

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast