Heavy Duty Snatch Blocks

Big Hilux Guest

Default Heavy Duty Snatch Blocks

Hello once again from Queenstown

I would like to know if any of you know or have heard of a snatch block that does not have those two C-clips holding the centre pin in place, I am looking for a heavy duty snatch block that has a centre bearing which must be greasable and must not fall apart when winching at extreme angles.

I was using a snatch block which has the nylon yellow plastic pulley and a metal shaft and those two C-clips, well it could not take the strain and the C-clips went flying and the thing just fell apart, I was using this snatch block to help shift a 12 metre shipping container in my back yard at home.

So far there are two of these 12 metre containers and another one is arriving tomorrow and I will need this heavy duty snatch block to shift them into place.

If possible I know that Warn may sell them, but which business can I contact.
    Thankyou

Default Re: Heavy Duty Snatch Blocks

I've got the Warn ones and they are not that much better, pin also held in place with circlips, but I've had them for 10 years already and no problems so far.
    There is a place in Cape Town that used to be the importers of Warn a few years ago, ACSA, not sure if they still are.

Big Hilux Guest

Thankyou will check them out.

BH, contact any rigging or company running cranes. They should be able to give you details of a supplier.
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Call of Duty MW3
    Synergy 3" lift
    Metal Cloack Gamechanger Arms
    Fox 2.0
    Project4WD Bumpers
    DirtyLife Beadlocks
    37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3

Good afternoon
    We supply an underground/mining rigging snatch block. Please supply the following (1)diametre of the cable and or if it is steel or textile (2)capacity/work load limit required. The underground rigging snatch block has a hook that turns 90 degrees to the side and side plate that folds down to allow access for the rope. BUT, please remember that NO snatch block is designed for extreme side loading,you must be doing something wrong.
    Best regards
    Michael Green
    SPECIAL INDUSTRIAL SUPPLIES (Pty)Ltd
    SecureTech/SpanSet
    Tel : 0861040506
    Nissan Patrol (2014)
    Suzuki Grand Vitara (2011)
    SECURETECH 4x4 Recovery Kit Bag
    SECURETECH Snow Chains

Thanks for popping in here as well Micheal, with you knowing what you're talking about, your advice is always appreciated!

Big Hilux Guest

Little Lord ####

Thankyou for this info, I will give you a call tomorrow, the cable is steel, will measure it and let you know, it is one of those std cables that come with The KEW 8000 electric winch, but on the TJ Jeep Wrangler we also have a steel cable but that winch is a Mile Marker 12000lbs hydraulic.

We have not had any problems when winching the Jeep or Hilux, but only when we were moving some 12 metre shipping containers, yes we did lift them up first with a High Lift Jack and placed some old water steel pipe underneath to sort of roll them on, but when we used that other snatch block that has that yellow fibre pulley the whole thing just came apart, the C-clip went flying as I said.

These snatch blocks that you have do you have any photo's and sizes and prices please.

Thankyou

Friend,

These snatch block are the only ones we use on the oil rigs. Unfortunately, they are from the states, but at least you can see what to look out for.

http://www.hanessupply.com/newchanges/blocks_i.html

Rgds,
    Willem
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=334&dateline=12167411  73Echo 3 Trailer with all the goodies.
    FJ Cruiser (Stompie)

Big Hilux Guest

Willem320 Thankyou for this info, took a look they look excellent, tried to phone that other person, but he was out will try again

cheers

Hi
    Our company is exhibiting our industrial product range at the Electra MIning Expo until the end of the week and can only attend to this enquiry when I get back to work early next week. My sincere apologies for unusual delay. Please semd a fax with your details to my office and I will try to arrange for collegue send the prices spec's picture drawings etc etc
    Best regards
    Michael Green
    F : 0861040506
    T : 0861040507
    M : 0832514312
    Nissan Patrol (2014)
    Suzuki Grand Vitara (2011)
    SECURETECH 4x4 Recovery Kit Bag
    SECURETECH Snow Chains

Hi Barto

ACSA-MAG used to import Warn. Earlier this year they were bought out by Control Instruments and as such Warn is now distributed by Control Instruments.
    Partner Adventure 4X4 Academy
    http://www.4x4training.co.za

Thanks Ralph, that's quite interesting.

I see it is all part of their aquisition of Dana South Africa.

I like to put a HT bolt in the place of the pin with circlips. With a nyloc nut you can adjust the tension.
    Turnkey Construction Projects, Commercial, industrial, Domestic
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application vehicles
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

Big Hilux Guest

That is also an excellent idea, thank's

Big Hilux Guest

Thumbs up Got my stuff from LLS back see photo's

Okay with a few emails to LLS and a few weeks of waiting, I have finally got my old broken kinetic strap back, it is much shorter, however it is suitable enough to use as a tow strap or even still for short pulls, but the photo's will show you the two heavy duty snatch blocks, that I bought, they are just what I was looking for, you twist open the locking pin and you can then insert the winch cable.

Then there is a photo of the new kinetic strap, bought a few of these as well for a few friends.

This company really went out of their way to sort out my old strap (for free)and their workmanship is excellent, I will recommend them to anybody who wishes to buy these recovery straps and equipment. Quality and prices are excellent as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Simon

Why are the pictures so small? Canít see them so very lekker

Big Hilux Guest

Still trying to work out how to load them like this then you click on them and they get big, there is a size limit on this web site.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hilux View Post
    Still trying to work out how to load them like this then you click on them and they get big, there is a size limit on this web site.
    Simon

I resize my pics to between 800x600 and 1024x768 depending on how they were cropped. I then save them as JPG with between 30% and 50% compression to get the file size down to about 100 k

I use Paint Shop Pro as my JPG editor.

Big Hilux Guest

see my other posting under general section, have managed to sort out those pic's, busy loading kore onto the free space that I have left on photobox