The perfect holiday at the coast Where to go?

Talking The perfect holiday at the coast Where to go?

Hi Guy's,

I have been looking and googling like mad the last couple of weeks but I cannot seem to find a place that is on the beach, quiet, and is just a perfect holiday resort/hotel/guesthouse!... I dont know the coast at all so any help will be greatly appreciated! I don't mind driving as far as PE, but preferably not much further as we will be leaving from PTA.

My perfect holiday will definitely be kgalagadi for a week, but the SWAMBO wants to go to the beach!...

Thanks in advance for all the assistance!
    I like anything with 4 or more wheels...

Kosi bay is a treat as it has abit of everything.....beach, bush, lakes, lagoons, offroading etc... think about it!

No malls, very few shops.
    Never Dull in Africa

My Fav is St Lucia, but must go out of season when it is really quite & peacefull.

Sit on the deck at the boat house & watch the sunset while the Hippos play in the estuary listening to the sound of the fish eagle soaring over head & this all after a near perfect day on a quite stretch of beach with a small reef with fantastic snorkelling. its a slow 1 hr drive to this beach through a game park rife with rhinos & various buck & tons of birdlife!

Sounding good or what?
    Justin (Aka GECKO)
    Isuzu KB300 Dteq D/C 4x4 +
    Member I.O.C.

If there's dirt i'll find it!!

Do you know about Eersterivier at the northern end of the Tsitsikamma, close to Kareedouw. Very quiet, beatiful and a "private" beach. Just spend a week there for R500 per day in a house right on the beach! We could watch the children playng on the beach form our stoep.The extra miles from PE is worth it! Self Catering though. Nice Restaurant in Kareedouw if you want to go out...

You can do day trips into the Baviaanskloof (a must) and there are a few 4x4 routes close by.

www.tsitsikammaseaside.co.za is one website you can have a look at. Penny is very friendly and helpful. There are also other people renting out houses.

If you want to know more and need more phone numbers - send me a PM

Bostoe
    Last edited by bostoe; 2009/10/17 at 09:47 AM.

Hi

Bostoe i could not agree with you more it surely must be the perfect spot. Must get accommodation past the gate to take full adavantage of beach etc.

If the golf course completed and open now?

If you haven't fixed it with duct tape you haven't used enough!

Vehicle details: OME suspension kit 400kg, long rank tank 150lt, 70lt water tank, drawer system, duel battery, snorkel, roof top tent, roof rack, fitting air compressor, double spare wheel carrier, sand tracks, NL 70lt

Hey guy's thanks for the replies.

I have thought about St Lucia and Kosi bay, but how is the malaria in the area. Any places you can recommend?(I like the few shops idea!! will save my pocket a lot from SWAMBO's shopping madness!)

Bostoe, thanks, I will definately look into this! Is this an holiday resort or just private people loaning out houses as vacation houses? We will be there out of season from the 14-22 November about.

Disclamer:Thanks again and my sincere apologies for people reading this that are not going on holiday! I assure you, it is not because I want to but because I have to. Spending so much time out of the country, I need to catch up with the loved one(s)!...
    D van der Merwe

Quote Originally Posted by KB300 View Post
    My perfect holiday will definitely be kgalagadi for a week, but the SWAMBO wants to go to the beach!...
    Obvious then, from Kgalagadi not so far to the West Coast : Port Nolloth, Kleinzee, Hondeklipbaai, Papendorp, Strandfontein, Lamberts Bay ..... don't forget your fishing rods ....
    Johan Mitchell, .... r.i.v. Swambo Marthie

My beste kennis is dié oor my eie onkunde

'96 Colt DC V8 ... Safari Camper ... '88 Fleetline L
    '88 Ballade 150 ... sold
    "The rule here is that there is no rule" .. MikeAG

I spoke to freinds of mine who own seasands lodge in st lucia and they say no one has caught malaria there since they moved there 15years ago.
    Never Dull in Africa

4ePajero Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moz fan View Post
    I spoke to freinds of mine who own seasands lodge in st lucia and they say no one has caught malaria there since they moved there 15years ago.
    It's malaria area.
    Period.

Only go there out of season, but for my money, Hermanus can not be beat. Specially as my folks live there and accomodation is free

Thanks oom Gaitshi Gubib,

Nee ek dink nie sy kan in daai water swem nie! dis darm ma leeukoud!(Of eerder vir vannaand... Cheeta koud!) Sien ek dink die heele storie is dat sy maar bietjie opgepiep was as kind.. so sy en die kamp ding gaan nie altyd so 100% lekker saam nie, selfs met die aanbod dat ek vir "haar" 'n 4x4 trailer sal kry met 'n lekker GROOT tent op die dak(Leeu kan mos nie trappe klim nie) Maar die idee het ook nie so lekker vasgesteek nie.. nee sy wil mos in Luxury gaan bly!! so ja.. nou gaan die soektog verder.

Ek het tsitsikamma gemail, ek wag dat hulle my eendag ietsie laat weet.

Moz fan, can you mail me some infor regarding seasands lodge i have checked it on the intererwebs and it looks stunnig..

Then i aslo found this on seasand's website!!!!! "St. Lucia is officially a no-risk malaria area & is a 2½ hours drive north of Durban on the N2 toll road." http://www.seasands.co.za/

Hey.. It's not that I dont like malaria hey.. but dammm those meds are not to good for you!!! and it will just be a complete moodkiller if one of us were to get sick the couple of days that i do get to go home!!

Update on the Malaria map....Think it's worth the riks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

KB300 Seasands is the place for you......eg. bushwalks u will see duiker, birds(always a few hornbills around) hippo's once you get to honeymoon bend, crocs, I have seen a leopard kill 30m from seasands entrance, maningi bush babies at night. Most of town is within walking distance (main street 800m long). lots of activities in the area and stunning beaches at cape vidal +- 30km through a mini game reserve elephants etc....
    Croc Centre, Whale watching in season, turtle tour in season and many other tours in the area. (sundowners on the estuary u will see fish eagles crocs hippos and enjoy some bubbly on board the ferry boat), cape vidal has a nice swimming beach behind a reef.

For the wife:stunning eateries as well as day spa's in the area and seasands is stunning 5 star service. you can have all your meals there if you want and the bar area is stunning with a view over the wetlands, Vernea has an eye for decor so all the rooms are posh and if you enquire you can choose different types of rooms or villas(double story 2 bedrooms nice bathrooms etc...)
    The gardens are a must see its rich and wild and green and fresh. tralala

all in all this place is one or actually the best place to stay at in St Lucia.
    If you enquire you will probably speak to Geoff or Thea pronounced (tia).

If theres anything else please ask as I love to share info with anybody that will listen.
    Never Dull in Africa