IRAQ: CARTE BLANCHE

Default IRAQ: CARTE BLANCHE

Look at this list and see if you can add.

http://icasualties.org/oif/Civ.aspx

Iraq Coalition Casualties: Contractors - A Partial List Total: 19
    By Nationality All American American? Australian Bosnian British British (Welsh) Bulgarian Canada Canadian Colombian Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Egyptian English Fijian Filipino Finnish French Gaum German Honduran Hungarian Indian Indonesian Italian Japanese Jordanian Kuwaiti Lebanese Macedonian Nepali New Zealander Pakistani Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Somali South African South Korean Swedish Syrian Turkish Unknown

Date Name Nationality Circumstances Where Occupation Employer
    19-Aug-2006 Bruwer, Edmund South African Roadside Bomb Iraq Security Contractor Cochise Cunsultancy
    08-May-2006 Kolver, Richard South African Roadside bomb Baghdad Security Guard Unknown American Company
    22-Dec-2005 Strauss, Jan South African Roadside bomb Baghdad Security Contractor Unknown
    14-Nov-2005 Du Preez, Ignatius South African Suicide bomber Baghdad Security Contractor DynCorp International
    14-Nov-2005 Potgieter, Johannes South African Suicide bomber Baghdad Security Contractor DynCorp International
    14-Nov-2005 Tablai, Miguel South African Suicide bomber Baghdad Security Contractor DynCorp International
    07-Jun-2005 Laver, Sťan Ronald South African IED Habbaniya Security Consultant Hart Security
    03-May-2005 Oosthuize, Jacques "Oosie" South African Small arms fire attack -Ambushed Route between Tikrit and Mosul Security Guard Erinys Iraq
    15-Nov-2004 Terry, Johan South African Bomb Basra (Zubayr) Security Consultants Olive Security
    12-Oct-2004 Botha, Johan South African Convoy attack Baghdad (south of) Security contractor Omega Risk Solutions
    12-Oct-2004 Campher, Louis South African Convoy attack Baghdad (south of) Security contractor Omega Risk Solutions
    16-Aug-2004 Pretorius, Herman "Harry" South African Convoy attack Mosul Security contractor DynCorp International
    10-May-2004 NAME NOT KNOWN South African Small arms fire attack Kirkuk Construction worker? Iraqi construction company
    30-Apr-2004 NAME NOT KNOWN South African Stepped on land mine Fallujah Security contractor British security company
    29-Apr-2004 NAME NOT KNOWN South African Drive-by shooting Basra Construction consultant Construction company
    22-Apr-2004 de Beer, Francois South African Gunfire Baghdad (Al Adhamiyah Dist.) Security contractor Meteoric Tactical Solutions (S.A. sec. co.)
    12-Apr-2004 Visagie, Hendrik "Vis" South African RPG attack U.S. military hospital Security contractor Erinys International
    06-Apr-2004 Branfield, Gray South African Small arms fire attack Kut Security contractor Hart Security [The Hart Group]
    31-Jan-2004 Strydom, Francois South African Suicide car bomb Baghdad (Shahine Hotel) Security contractor SAS International [sub to Erinys Int'l]

It is understood that the above lists may be incomplete.
    Our research is ongoing at this point.
    Please contact us if you have sourced information that would help to fill in blanks
    Copyright 2003-2006 by iCasualties.org

'n Boerseun dra nie das nie,<br>Toyota sit nie vas nie<br>en dat 'n mooi dorp nou 'n brandewyn se naam moet kry!

Default Re: IRAQ: CARTE BLANCHE

That was a really hectic programme. And I think good for the general public to see that war is not just Hollywood.
    * "Wat Spike probeer sÍ in sy min woorde" -Die Skim "
    .................................................. .....

Other than 2 construction contractors, they're all security contractors...

Is the pay really worth the risk?
    2015 Pajero Sport 4x4
    1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale)

Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Simon it depends on how much risk you want to take, I was offered $650 US per day per person in country to do RF work. That is a lot of money in most people's books.

Due to the security factor I will how ever not risk sending people to a country that I myself would not feel comfortable working in.

Other people feel differantly about it, I know of several contractors that did take up the offer.
    Land Rover is not a vehicle it is a cult!
    Gas Gas 300 with training wheels.

Where is the balance between life and money? I really do not think your chances of survival are any worse living and traveling daily in JHB. The biggest deciding factor [for me] will only be the time away from the family. I can get high paying safe contracts in moz but can only come home every 8 weeks for 4 days.

You will not take anything with when you leave this life, but your legacy will remain.
    Turnkey Construction Projects, Commercial, industrial, Domestic
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application vehicles
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

19 out of the estimated 7000 here in three years. Not bad if you look at the figures back home and there isn't even a war. (21000 in one year, I think was the last tally)

90% of the guys here was worked out of previous jobs thanks to AA and all other means. Kids must eat.

SA Gov want to ban us now out of here with all new funny law. Check out Mercenary bill.

Everybody want to make out that we are mercenaries over here, but I don't know one person over here that is offensively taking part of the war.

Must ad that the majority here are in the security busnises, that are all in a defensive role. Only allowed to use your weopon in defence of client, team or your self.

Being here for 2 years and never shoot one shot in agression.

On the money side, yes it is good money with a big risk, but where are that go to, back home. 7000 times average $ 8000 pm, that is alot of offshore money going into SA, and that is only from here. There are about 20 0000 SA people working offshore all over the world who are going to be involved with this new law.

Wonder what the SA gov planned to do when 7000 highly skilled guys who are forced to go home and have no job and the kids are hungry.

Don't know where are our country is going to?

But creating bigger problems is surely on its way
    We don't live in a funny world, WE LIVE AMONG FUNNY PEOPLE

'78 Land Cruiser
    Conqueror Supra
    Iraq, Louis Trichardt

Hi Guys

Also watched the Carte Blanche story and the first thought was that they dont tell you how many casualties per day come through their casualty or operating theatres, maybe I just didnt listen...!

Try trauma casualty in JHB Gen, Groote Schuur or even Tygerberg on a month end weekend and you will see the same and worse; and as mentioned above we are not even in a war...!

I have leopard crawled more in Elsiesriver than in the army and most people living in Plattekloof will never believe what happens ten kilometres away from their R2 Million homes...

But that is the nasty stuff...!! unfortunately we have to think and look at it sometimes !!!

Good luck to all the guys in Iraq I have some friends there and hope they are safe !!!

Ford Ranger
    Double cab
    Stock standard (for now)