XENON 2.2L D/C 4x4

Default XENON 2.2L D/C 4x4

Had the opportunity this weekend to try the 2.2L Xenon D/C 4x4 at Hennops 4x4.
    There were about 5 Xenon’s and a Safari.
    And Ja … I have to admit was quite impressed. Not only did we manage to finish the course but best of all -- nothing broke!
    As a novice I was pretty impressed by the overall performance of the TATA Xenon.
    The main area of concern would be the LSD. Although all obstacles could be successfully handled, the required momentum/grip required for the LSD for some obstacles does however pose a real threat of damage to the vehicle over a long period of time (IMHO). I will consider over the LSD, since I believe it will extend the life of the vehicle. Although the LSD might extend my life .: -) The fitment of the LSD should for the majority of people be a great advantage and I suppose statistically it does make sense. Many people suggest ( for other vehicles) keeping the LSD at the rear and just adding a manual Diff lock at the front would be the way to go rather that removing the LSD and replacing with a rear locker?
    Hmm ... one thing I forgot to mention was the Xenon’s only had 215/75 tires on. Better tires might have improved the grip, and functionality of the LSD. I do however have a concern as to the maximum size tires that one can fit … not sure if 245/75 or 265/75 can be fitted.
    Clearance, approach and departure angles seemed to be fine. Didn’t have any problems … might be that the course is not that difficult.
    The window between the cab and loading bay is fixed … suppose this is one of those money saving things ... but would be easier to talk to people on the back of the bakkie if it could open.
    Rims/hub cups …. Just plain pure ugly really not very practical.

The Safari was a very nice ride … not my cup of tea as I prefer a bakkie … but was impressed within the overall drive and off–road capability of the vehicle, as some stage it actually looked as if it did better than the bakkies … but that could probably be the driver at that stage. (I was driving it at that stage )

The fact the It managed to complete the route without any problems, with a bunch novice drivers ( We had some instructors thought), was pretty interesting. The little bit of momentum required (due to LSD) at some obstacles might be the only drawback.
    Overall -Very impressed!

i thought they have a 3litre as well was it on this drive not yet decided between a 3 ltr or a gwm steed?? do you have any idea of kilos per litre??

The 2.2 is the latest model ...better performance than the 3L. I believe the 3L have been release last year and the 2.2 would be available later this year. Yes their has also been a 3L in the group of bakkies, didn't drive it myself, but from what I could see it didn't have any problems in clearing the obstacles.

One of the guys their, (not a sales guy) but he was from an adventure place drove the 2.2L and 3L and indicated that he averaged about 11-12km/l over the period the had the vehicle.

@nomore1-thanks for the info