Tuffstuff vs Outsurance - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

i was with outsurance and always got good service. the claims, however small, i made were dealt with speedily and efficiently, e.g. call into submit claim to have windscreens on both vehicles replaced - no problem immediately got claim number and within the hour glasfit was on my case to arrange for the windscreens to be fitted - excess on each vehicle only R500.

reason i moved - they increased my premium drastically

where did i move - tuffstuff. why - better premium, extra premium for not having to pay excess on vehicles, additional things, and then the experience members i spoke had and have with tuffstuff.

who else did i consider - discovery who also gave very good quote on premium and excess as well as fuel rebates; however its easier not to have "big brother" watching over you all the time

2007 Disco3 (SWAMBO)
    2004 Merc platkar (SWAMBO) - no more
    gti-eater (opel gte)

I also considered moving over to TuffStuff as it was considaribly cheaper than Outsurance, who was already cheap at that stage. Then, just as a precaution I went to look at Ream Insurance Brokers, TuffStuff's underwriter, profile on Hello Peter........ I think I'll rather stay with Outsurance who settled the theft of my Hilux in 5 days, not 6 weeks as is the norm!

One thing I like more than cheap premiums is good service. I would rather pay a little more and have the piece of mind that if something goes wrong fighting with insurance is not added to the list.
    I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by offroad junky View Post
    Well, I just bought me a 'new' 2006 Disco 3 and even before I got home on the day I signed the deal, and the day before I was supposed to collect, Outsurance called me.....
    Spent almost 12 minutes on the phone with them trying to sell it to me. I told him straight up that I'm also considering other quotes.

Their initial quote was R1100 for a 2006 Disco 3 TDV6 S with a market value of R236 200.

ABSA = R633-00
    Tuscon = R730-00
    Tuff Stuff = R798-00

Then Outsurance phoned me back telling me that 'they' have given me a discount and the new quote is R945-00..... I laughed in his ears telling him he's way out the ball park. I told him the other quotes and he just said thanks and hung up the phone....!

Outsurance is a joke....! Needless to say I'm still sticking out with ABSA.
    Just something to keep a note of regarding ABSA. I called the iDirect from ABSA to get a quote. They do not cover your vehicle in the event of it occuring damage while doing a 4x4 route of any kind. I was told by the consultant that they only offer road cover.
    I'd check and just confirm if you not going to be using that D3 for offroad use at all.
    Platkar driver...
    '99 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i - SOLD
    Challenger Bundu Basher - SOLD
    I will drive a Land Rover again...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3