Vauxhall Frontera vs Isuzu Frontier

Default Vauxhall Frontera vs Isuzu Frontier

Ive been checking a lot of these Fronteras on the net and was wondering if any of you on the forum have ever seen one in action? the 3.2L v6 motor seems to be different than the Isuzu 3.2L. Just before actually paying for an Isuzu Frontier someone came to me selling his Vauxhall Frontera 3.2 V6 (imported from the UK)...which looks nicer than the Isuzu but not sure if the quality is the same as the Isuzu production, as well as parts availability...

...and thoughts?

Chris

These are essentialy the same vehicles. Yes different motors and suspensions (B-Spec has a coil set-up in the back instead of leafs).

If you to find out more visit the Frontera club in the UK. These guys are helpfull.

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk/foru...056fd248dfca3f

If the one you're looking at has the coil springs, many of the local GV (Frontier) owners will be jealous of you should you take the vehicle.

Nowadays with the internet spares can be bought from all over. Your only concern should be regarding the day-to-day spares (filters etc)
    Gerhard

Yeah Ive taken the vehicle to get checked by the AA and the deal is going through on monday...thanks for the input. Service parts are not a problem according to the current owner. Im planning to get a uni-chip installed by SAC to try get the fuel consumption a bit better, are they worth the price?

thanks 4 the link, I found various forums but this one seems to be more specific to the vehicle...

Chris, are you based in CT? If you are I would try someone other than SAC. BTw you also wont really get any gains with a chip. What consumption are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Webber View Post
    Chris, are you based in CT? If you are I would try someone other than SAC. BTw you also wont really get any gains with a chip. What consumption are you getting?

Have you had bad experiences with SAC in Cape Town? I live in CT but buying the car in Durban, so was planning to go see the Durban SAC...

Their brochure says fuel consumption improvement to an extent but is it false?

Nothing wrong with CAC CT. Quite popular in fact.
    Not the same bad reports as some other SAC branches
    * "Wat Spike probeer sÍ in sy min woorde" -Die Skim "
    .................................................. .....

The general idea behind a "chip" is to fool the normal ecu into accepting different inputs as normal. On its own a chip does very little if anything. It is only when you start with additional modifications to the intake and exhaust of the engine that you will get any noticeable gains in power. This is where re-mapping helps to bring the AFR back to the correct values.

The reason for this is that you are making the engine which in essence is a pump slightly more effecient, thus logically you should be using less fuel to deliver the same output , but you may want to utilise the extra power because it feels good to bury the loud pedal in which case you savings will become null.

The downside to "chipping" is the extra strain it puts on the engine internals, thus reducing the lifetime of the unit.

Doing it right means building the entire engine from the crankshaft up using suitable higher performance parts for example: Forged crankshaft, I-Beam conrods, Forged pistons, stainless valves, stiffer valve springs etc.

CHEAP

FAST

RELIABLE

you can only choose two.
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_cross View Post
    Have you had bad experiences with SAC in Cape Town? I live in CT but buying the car in Durban, so was planning to go see the Durban SAC...

Their brochure says fuel consumption improvement to an extent but is it false?
    Hi Chris, het jy nog jou Frontera?