Kgalagadi Do's and Dont's

Default Kgalagadi Do's and Dont's

I am busy planning a trip to Kgalagadi in April/May 2009. I am interested in entering at the Kaa gate, but after that is there a route to Mabuasehube or would I have to travel down to Nossob and then across?
    Are there any restrictions to towing an off-road caravan anywhere in the park? S. African and Botswana side? Does anyone have recent reports on the state of the road between S.Africa and Mabuasehube in the park??
    Andyrag your advise has lead us safely before does your wandering take you so far west?
    On the road again,
    Hillary

Did you mean perhaps 2010?

SWAMBO and I are also going to KTP in April / May next year. You'll find all your answers and more on the SANParks Forums here: http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=38

Not to sure about the trailor on the Bots side, but you are not allowed to drive the Bitterpan road with a trailor in KTP. You may only drive that road if you stay over at Bitterpan anyway.

On the SANParks forum is threads about the current road conditions, have a look there, join their forum and put on the YELLOW ribbon!
    -

Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto
    (Tough Dog Suspension / Frontrunner Roofrack and some more goodies...)

dfk Guest

Just completed camping trip to KTP. Entered at Mabuasehube, went to Nossob and back to Mabuasehube.

Cannot tow a trailer on wilderness route. Route is one way from Mabua to Nossob. Roads are great as 2 spoor paadjies go. Can tow a trailer on the bottom road between Nossob and Mabuasehube gate. This is a 2 way road.

Road between Makopong border and Mabuasehube gate is a cut line road which is maybe a bit rough for some at times but was very enjoyable to drive for us. Can go over Tsabong though which may be a quicker drive.

Hillary,

Yes, you will have to drive down to Nossob to get to Mabuasehube. There is fuel in Nossob, but the water is salty...

Here is a trip report, going the other way, but will have some useful information. http://www.pictureafrica.org/Picture...uasehube..html

Sorry my mistake. I did mean 2010!. Freeflyd your trip report makes me so envious. Thanks for that the info is helpful. September appears to be a good time to visit.
    Hillary