Steyr Puch Haflinger 4x4 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by stadleroux View Post
    Die grote was waarskynlik 'n Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer. Hulle was beskikbaar met 6X4- en 6X6-aandrywing. Hulle is tot 'n paar jaar gelede nog gebou, as ek reg onthou, en was omtrent so groot soos 'n Land Rover Forward Control. Die Haflingers was ook in twee asafstande beskikbaar, maar net met vier wiele. Hulle is net tot ongeveer 1975 gebou.
    The Pinzgauer seems to be a formidable vehicle!
    I understand the British military are replacing their LandRover forward-control 101,s with the Pinzgauer, ''The British Army selected Pinzgauers to replace its old Land-Rover forward-control 101s in 1996. Some national pride was saved when Land Rover XD130-based ambulances were chosen instead of Pinzgauer ambulances''.
    And in 2004 the New Zealand Army ordered 321 Pinzgauers to replace its 1980s vintage LandRovers in the 'light operational vehicle'
    A factory was opened in the UK to build right hand drives for the Brits.
    The Pinzgauer physical dimensions compare well with the Landi, but it out preforms it radically, family of the Unimorg!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardB View Post
    The Pinzgauer seems to be a formidable vehicle!
    I understand the British military are replacing their LandRover forward-control 101,s with the Pinzgauer, ''The British Army selected Pinzgauers to replace its old Land-Rover forward-control 101s in 1996. Some national pride was saved when Land Rover XD130-based ambulances were chosen instead of Pinzgauer ambulances''.
    And in 2004 the New Zealand Army ordered 321 Pinzgauers to replace its 1980s vintage LandRovers in the 'light operational vehicle'
    A factory was opened in the UK to build right hand drives for the Brits.
    The Pinzgauer physical dimensions compare well with the Landi, but it out preforms it radically, family of the Unimorg!
    Yes, the one criticism I've read of it was that it was prone to overturning because of a high centre of gravity, but so was the 'Mog, as most of us outoppies who've been passengers on the back of a Buffel will remember. I don't think it's possible to achieve the high axle clearance that those portal axles in both the Pinzgauer and the 'Mog give you without compromising the centre of gravity...

Yes, the one criticism I've read of it was that it was prone to overturning because of a high centre of gravity, but so was the 'Mog, as most of us outoppies who've been passengers on the back of a Buffel will remember. I don't think it's possible to achieve the high axle clearance that those portal axles in both the Pinzgauer and the 'Mog give you without compromising the centre of gravity...
    Yes saw a u-tube video of one!
    But nothing I think, that a long range fuel tank (or2) and even a pair of water tanks at the bottom of the body won't sort out.

Default Re: Steyr Puch Haflinger 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by DonS View Post
    Hey mense,update op die puch,ons het vandag begin met die modifications op die hilux se jagraam vir die puch....ons moet die trap sak en daar moet nog n pyp inkom,die raam werk heel goed uit,hy sit op dieselfde hoogte as wat n land cruser se raam sit....en die raam dien ook as n rollbar,sou dinge skeefloop....die raam is 600mm te lank,so ons sal hom moet korter maak... Ek het ook die puch se silencer afgehaal en n ander een opgesit(Wat ons by gekry het) het die olie geruil,olie filter,airfilter en moet nog die belde bietjie stywer stel.... Gaan hom weer oor spray,weet iemand wat noem mens die kleur wat die land crusers in uitkom,daai khaki kleur.... Dankie

Hello,Ek het 'n Steyr Puch wat ek moet diens. Enige raad van tipe olie for die diff en ratkas asook filters en diesmeer?DankieJD

Yes, the one criticism I've read of it was that it was prone to overturning because of a high centre of gravity, but so was the 'Mog, as most of us outoppies who've been passengers on the back of a Buffel will remember. .
    to be fair, the Buffel had a 4 ton armoured bin mounted well above the CoG, which included diesel and water tanks

the newer V-hull designs are MUCH better
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Smile Re: Steyr Puch Haflinger 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    to be fair, the Buffel had a 4 ton armoured bin mounted well above the CoG, which included diesel and water tanks

the newer V-hull designs are MUCH better
    Oh yes, I'm sure the Buffel's top-heaviness was much worse than the Haf's, but on a narrow goatherd's path with a bad camber high up in the Austrian Alps, where most Hafs were put to work, I wouldn't pay too much attention to theoretical comparisons...
    There is only one...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3