Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Nissan Patrol 5.6

Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post
    Station wagon.

Not an SUV. SUV are lesser vehicles.

A Paj is an SUV. A Patrol is a wagon.
    Can't quite agree.

A station wagon by definition is based on a sedan and is body-style variant of the sedan with its roof extended rearward over a shared passenger/cargo volume with access at the back via a third or fifth door.

Not sure which sedan the Patrol is based on.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JS-V8 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanvn View Post
    Fake wood everywhere
    When I got my Patrol it had a black wrap over all of the wood bits. It was just not a great job, so I removed it. But if you can find someone who can do it properly, then it's an option. Some of the panels in my patrol really looked great. Just a couple of panels where they took shortcuts, and then it bugged me.
    Last edited by Darth; 2024/05/16 at 09:32 AM.
    In the interest of transparency, I must disclose that my real name is Anakin Skywalker. I hail from the planet Tatooine. When I am not piloting my Imperial Class Destroyer, a magnificent vessel that perfectly complements my malignant narcissism, I drive a Nissan Patrol, a Japanese automobile from Planet Earth that certainly grounds me in many, many ways.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post:

I would gladly live with the fake wood, if I could afford that V8!

Enjoy!
    2014 Subaru Forester 2.5 XS
    Ex: 2011 Mahindra Scorpio 2.5 GLX 4x4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LegoDawie For This Useful Post:

Jean baie geluk daai Nissan is a beast

Baie geluk! As ek die brandstof kon bekostig het ek vir seker ook een gekoop! Ek sal jok as ek sÍ ek is nie bietjie jaloers nie.
    Louis Adendorff
    Mahindra Pickup S6 Double Cab 4x4 Auto (Punjab Cruiser)
    Mahindra Scorpio-N 4Xplor (Mumbai Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by JS-V8 View Post
    Can't quite agree.

A station wagon by definition is based on a sedan and is body-style variant of the sedan with its roof extended rearward over a shared passenger/cargo volume with access at the back via a third or fifth door.

Not sure which sedan the Patrol is based on.
    I guess it depends on where you read your definitions.

From Merriam Webster:
    an automobile that has a passenger compartment which extends to the back of the vehicle, that has no trunk, that has one or more rear seats which can be folded down to make space for light cargo, and that has a tailgate or liftgate

No mention of being based on a sedan (although other dictionaries do use that term).
    The original Land Rovers with closed bodywork were all officially called wagons, as were the original Jeep Waggoneers.
    But the first vehicle officially called an SUV was the 1974 Jeep Cherokee, which was very similar in purpose, and thus the use of the term SUV for softer AWD vehicles is probably just as wrong.
    Last edited by Peter Connan; 2024/05/16 at 12:31 PM.
    Beat-up rat rod of a '96 Nissan Patrol that bears the evidence of many wonderful adventures (and a few stupid indiscretions).

Awesome. Congrats.
    I assume youíve watched videos of these with free flow exhausts on? When is it going in for its exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by mvcoller View Post
    Both my TB45 and TD30 Patrols also have similar sized petrol and Diesel tanks. Both have 95lt main tanks (manufacturer's numbers), with 40lt (supposedly) secondary tanks, giving a 135lt capacity

I have though heard of guys claiming that they have managed to fit more than 100lt into their main tanks. I have never tested that, when my main tanks get to a 1/4 tank, I start sweating and seriously start looking for a filling station to refuel, or I transfer fuel across from the secondary tank.

I often pump the entire contents of my vehicles' secondary tanks into the main tanks and then when refilling the secondary tanks (they have separate filling caps and filler pipes), and have never managed to fit more than about 38,5 lt into either of the two Patrols' secondary fuel tanks.
    I replaced the standard tank (95 ltrs) with a stainless steel tank of 140 ltrs and added a 70 ltrs aux tank at the space opposite the exhaust muffler.
    Total under floor 210 ltrs - BUT CAREFUL here.

The 140 ltrs tank is flat bottom and in that the low fuel situation leads to cut out when cornering, so in effect only about 85-90% of the fuel is usable without compromising operations.
    Recently, I forced it lower and couldn't start the vehicle anymore when it was standing in an incline. Now extended the fuel pump structure to reach to the true bottom of the tank.
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanvn View Post
    I've always liked the Patrol, I still want to own a 4.2l petrol box shape one in green when I'm big one day.
    This would be a GQ a.k.a. Y60 Patrol... Comes in 4.2 petrol (TB42) or 4.2 diesel (TD42: is well sought after but very scarce....)
    1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 SGL

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SJC For This Useful Post:

Wragtag pragtag !!!!! Fake wood of nie, blerrie mooi voertuig, welkom innie Nissan famielie. Sal ook graag n 4.2 Patrol langs my Hardbody wil laat pronk inie drive way.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris dippenaar For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3