Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cool I am back!!!! Land Cruiser 200 VX-R || Ownership record and feedback

All you Toyota-hollics might have seen || I am back in a 200

After a very short stint in what I thought was what I wanted, I am back home. Finally in the 200 I wanted from the start.

Again, for your amusement, I will record my ownership experience here.

Honest feedback will again be given Doing a camping trip to Etosha this weekend, so will tow with it straight of the bat!!!

​Feedback/Review

As mentioned, I am 'home' so am very familiar with the 200, albeit the pre-facelift VX. So this review will focus more on the difference between the VX and the VX-R and if the 'issues' have been attended to.

First Impressions

It is so good to be back in the 200. This car is just amazing and just provides you with a feeling of indestructibility. The things I missed, and enjoy, straight off the bat:

1. Seat heating and cooling. But this time round, it has an auto function. So seat climate is controlled, heated and cooled
    2. Space and space galore. So much fun not having the kids kicking you in the back anymore
    3. coolbox between the front seats. You don't know what you miss until you have this
    4. 4 zone climate control. Again, something you won't understand until you have it. being able to control the climate for the kids is really beneficial
    5. This model comes with the JBL Synthesis audio system, with (I think) 14 speakers. The Harmon/Kardon in the Amarok was good, but this is just next level!!!
    6. Also comes with the rear seat entertainment system. So now the kids can watch movies while we enjoy our music!!!
    7. Duel sun visors. Such a simple design. Cannot believe they are not standard on all cars!!

Hates:
    1. Sunglasses holder. Why the hell can't Toyota make proper holders. I swear, you cannot fit reading glasses in there!!!

Will add as I find more things I enjoy.
    Last edited by Nys; 2024/05/15 at 05:00 PM.
    Gert Grobler

VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape; Land Cruiser 200 VX-R
    Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

Sold: Land Cruiser 200 V8 D4D
    VW Amarok PanAm V6

Default Re: I am back!!!! Land Cruiser 200 VX-R || Ownership record and feedback

Evidence
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	721583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0076.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	721584  
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Default Re: I am back!!!! Land Cruiser 200 VX-R || Ownership record and feedback

Baie geluk mnr, bitter mooi ry ding daai!

I must admit...as much as I love my 79, you had me opening Autotrader...just to see what these VXRs go for...

Geniet hom!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JH84 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post

After a very short stint in what I thought was what I wanted, I am back home. Finally in the 200 I wanted from the start.

Again, for your amusement, I will record my ownership experience here.

Honest feedback will again be given Doing a camping trip to Etosha this weekend, so will tow with it straight of the bat!!!
    Toyotaholics is a difficult term... You can infer why I say this in my comment over here... https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...16#post5229316

But on a serious note, congrats and many happy and safe miles.
    Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
    Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
    ORRA: H80

Baie geluk Gert, bly jy het weer die lig gesien
    2010 Isuzu KB250 dteq d/c
    2023 Suzuki Ciaz (Swambos platkar)

Welcome back.

20 years ago, being fed-up with the make which a drove 3 in row, I bought a 79 series bakkie. Before I jumped to most of the well known ones. If it dropped me, I switched to another make. I used it for work. And if it stays at a dealer for other reasons then a service then I tried a next one next time.

Well you know what I am still driving. No reason to change yet.
    Johan Kriel

Honest feedback will again be given. Will also update post 1 as I go along.

As mentioned, I am 'home' so am very familiar with the 200, albeit the pre-facelift VX. So this review will focus more on the difference between the VX and the VX-R and if the 'issues' have been attended to.

First Impressions

It is so good to be back in the 200. This car is just amazing and just provides you with a feeling of indestructibility. The things I missed, and enjoy, straight off the bat:

1. Seat heating and cooling. But this time round, it has an auto function. So seat climate is controlled, heated and cooled
    2. Space and space galore. So much fun not having the kids kicking you in the back anymore
    3. coolbox between the front seats. You don't know what you miss until you have this
    4. 4 zone climate control. Again, something you won't understand until you have it. being able to control the climate for the kids is really beneficial
    5. This model comes with the JBL Synthesis audio system, with (I think) 14 speakers. The Harmon/Kardon in the Amarok was good, but this is just next level!!!
    6. Also comes with the rear seat entertainment system. So now the kids can watch movies while we enjoy our music!!!
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Geniet hom Nys

Jy het seker n proper "bath" gevat op daai rok?

Geluk!

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post

Geluk!
    Nee gaan Lees mooi!

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post

Geluk!
    Nope. Basies die prys van die canopy verloor. Ek bou al die ekstras (awning en al roofrack accessories) oor.
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

So, what will I do to this Cruiser.............

I am thinking to keep it rather standard apart from

1. Fitting a roof rack and building across all my accessories (awning, table, spade holder, one touch release brackets for IKamper).
    2. Fitting a second battery system.
    3. pulling wires for trailer charging

That will be it. I can see us using the 7 seats with kids and their friends so will not take them out from the start. Will see how it goes.
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Did it come with decent tyres? Suspension?

So, what will I do to this Cruiser.............

I am thinking to keep it rather standard apart from

1. HEEL EERSTE. Kry 'n stel OEM Toyota mags.
    1. Fitting a roof rack and building across all my accessories (awning, table, spade holder, one touch release brackets for IKamper).
    2. Fitting a second battery system.
    3. pulling wires for trailer charging

That will be it. I can see us using the 7 seats with kids and their friends so will not take them out from the start. Will see how it goes.
    Gefix vir jou.
    Current: Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic

SWAMBO: 2020 Renault Koleos 2.5 Dynamique

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kix For This Useful Post:

Ek sal die mags hou, gee so effe persoonlikheid.
    "K.a.k Wheeler

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD - 400 000km and permanent member of the family
    2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU 3.6 - no lift kit and smaller wheels.

Baie geluk en welkom terug. soos ek in een van my posts vir jou ges het, ek sal nooit n V8 Cruiser vervang met iets wat n Ford enjin het nie.

Jy het die kans gevat en dit het nie vir jou gewerk nie. Baie mense wat jou thread lees gaan nou twee keer dink.

So lief as wat ek vir Land Rover is, kon ek net nie meer voortgaan met n voertuig wat jy geen vertoue in het a.g.v die Ford enjin en het al die Land Rovers met Ford enjins verkoop.

Baie tevrede met my V8 Cruisers sover, mens wil nie n voertuig ry wat jy nie vertrou nie, nog meer so as dit n nuwe voertuig is.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Did it come with decent tyres? Suspension?
    Standard suspension.

Aftermarket rims with a bit of an offset, but standard size tyres in 285/60r18. Cooper Zeon's with about 40% tread left
    Last edited by Nys; 2024/05/06 at 06:01 PM.
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

Standard suspension.

Aftermarket rims with a bit of an offset, but standard size tyres in 285/60r18. Cooper Zeon's with about 40% tread left
    I wasn't very happy with the amount of sidewall I had with the 285's so I upgraded to 305/65R18 which changed the handling and feel in a positive way. The gearbox is still ok with it but you can feel a difference. I don't know if these tyres will fit with a standard suspension but the offset rims could help.

Upside down again!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240506_181001.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	721623  
    Last edited by GH; 2024/05/06 at 06:46 PM.

Default I am back!!!! Land Cruiser 200 VX-R || Ownership record and feedback

Congrats Nys,

There is just something about a 200 that I havent found in other vehicles yet, I got a Patrol on Friday which Im getting to know still but it doesnt give me that 200 feeling yet.

Will follow with interest.
    Last edited by Jeanvn; 2024/05/06 at 06:50 PM.
    Jean
    Old Wheeler
    200 Cruiser (Softroadertjie 2.0)
    P38 Range Rover (Softroadertjie 3.0)
    Nissan Patrol 5.6

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I wasn't very happy with the amount of sidewall I had with the 285's so I upgraded to 305/65R18 which changed the handling and feel in a positive way. The gearbox is still ok with it but you can feel a difference. I don't know if these tyres will fit with a standard suspension but the offset rims could help.

Upside down again!!!
    Sho, that is massive.

I took the tyres off the Amarok. 265/65r18's. Will first fit that after the Coopers
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast