Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: I am back!!!! Land Cruiser 200 VX-R || Ownership record and feedback

Would this be the jack that you speak of?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Car-Jack-Ki.../dp/B0BZ2MY5CM
    I already have the Makita wrench, wouldn't be without it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Driman View Post

Finally: As Toyota Land Cruisers have terrible manufacturer supplied jacks, I threw my original jack out, and replaced it with an American-sourced, Heavy-duty Scissor jack, rated at 7,500 Lbs (3 tons). It has a N21 spanner nut on one side, and is 600mm long, and only about 100mm high when closed. I added a Makita Power Wrench with a short socket extension, and a No21 socket. If I have a problem, and need to change a wheel, the power wrench quickly drives the jack up to nearly 600mm off the ground! Quick and no sweating at all! Once the tyre is sorted, just reverse the power wrench, and you are done. Trust me, that's the best solution for changing Land Cruiser wheels ever! (*You can source both the Makita Power Wrench, and heavy duty scissor jack from the American Amazon.com (I did, and they are just fine) NOTE: The Makita Power Wrench also uses the same Standard interchangeable 18Volt batteries as we use in SA, and the charger, you must souce here in SA. - *DON'T try to buy batteries and chargers overseas, because IATA Airfreight rules won't allow. The chargers you buy from Amazon are 110 Volt, and will blow, the moment you plug them into 220 Volt systems here in SA!)

Enjoy.
    Tim Driman

I once had a Front Runner full roof rack, but that now hangs in my garage. I left the two aluminium channels which come with the Front Runner roof rack, attached to the roof mountings which are factory-fitted... I now bolt low-profile square tube bracket sections anywhere along the channel, where I need them with standard M8 bolts. Then, onto those brackets, you add Tule bars, also using M8 bolts and nuts, onto which you can fiit anything. That system reduces the height of the roof load, and is far stronger... Just saying :-P
    Last edited by garygee; 2024/05/13 at 07:11 PM.

Default Re: I am back!!!! Land Cruiser 200 VX-R || Ownership record and feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    Filled up yesterday. 6.5km/l. This was about 200km school run then towing. Happy with that
    Glad you enjoy your 200 - 6.5km/l is however not acceptable now days! My 300 gives 11km/l 😜

Also enjoy it more whilst cruising 130km/hr. But yes different strokes for different fokes. Time will tell
    Last edited by bloues; 2024/05/13 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloues View Post
    My 300 gives 11km/l l
    Not towing & doing the school run, which is how Nys got the 6.5 km/l. That said, my 300 is also surprisingly frugal for what it is and without a doubt lighter on diesel than a 200.

Glad you enjoy your 200 - 6.5km/l is however not acceptable now days! My 300 gives 11km/l 😜

Also enjoy it more whilst cruising 130km/hr. But yes different strokes for different fokes. Time will tell
    Jo kan dit nie glo nie maar nou ja.

Are you saying your 300 gives you 11km/l towing a 2ton caravan

Sorry, but I cannot believe that.
    Gert Grobler

VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape; Land Cruiser 200 VX-R
    Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

Sold: Land Cruiser 200 V8 D4D
    VW Amarok PanAm V6

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QuQ View Post
    Not towing & doing the school run, which is how Nys got the 6.5 km/l. That said, my 300 is also surprisingly frugal for what it is and without a doubt lighter on diesel than a 200.
    The VX-R is much more fuel efficient than the VX I had!!!! I can easily get between 8km/l and 9km/l doing legal speeds now. Obviously wind still plays a huge role.

The Amarok gave me the same, I am more than happy.
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

I've had my 300 for almost 20 months now and my average is around 8.5km/L doing both town and spirited open road driving. If I drive at 100km/h on a Sunday afternoon I will get 11km/L. Towing a 2.5t trailer with a fully loaded vehicle at the speed limit sees about 6km/L. My gut feeling is that the 300 is about 20% better on fuel than a 200. But ja, who is counting
    Last edited by QuQ; 2024/05/14 at 08:17 AM.

Think you are really babying it to get that.

Best I get week on week is 10.5, and that is stock bone standard 300, with only me in the car, open Highway, cruise set at 130.

Went to a Bike day in Barberton this weekend, towing a Large bike trailer full of toys - Round trip, cruise set at 120 where traffic allowed gave me 7.4km/l
    I'm ecstatic about that, doing the same with the 79 gives me 5km/l

Anyhoo, Amazing how any thread involving a Cruiser always dissolves into a Fuel consumption "mine is better/worse than yours"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Andre N For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andre N View Post
    Think you are really babying it to get that.

Best I get week on week is 10.5, and that is stock bone standard 300, with only me in the car, open Highway, cruise set at 130.

Went to a Bike day in Barberton this weekend, towing a Large bike trailer full of toys - Round trip, cruise set at 120 where traffic allowed gave me 7.4km/l
    I'm ecstatic about that, doing the same with the 79 gives me 5km/l

Anyhoo, Amazing how any thread involving a Cruiser always dissolves into a Fuel consumption "mine is better/worse than yours"
    Guy walks into a Rolls Royce dealerahip.

Sales agent reading the newspaper.

Guy ask: Can I look around.

Sales Agent: Please do.

When guy returns he ask the sales agent what the consumption is on the white one in the corner.

Sales agent lowers the newspaper, look at the guy and says:

You are not ready to own a Rolls.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JK1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
    Guy walks into a Toyota dealership.

Sales agent reading the newspaper.

Guy ask: Can I look at the Cruisers

Sales Agent: Please do.

When guy returns he ask the sales agent what the consumption is on the white one in the corner.

Sales agent lowers the newspaper, look at the guy and says:

You are not ready to own a Cruiser.
    Fixed it for you😀

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bosvark Kzn For This Useful Post:

JK1

My Cruiser converts fuel into smiles, not miles.

It does what I want it to do, and that makes me happy.
    Barry Hall

Land Cruiser 105

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BarryCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bosvark Kzn View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Could not get ot over my heart to convert the original joke from Rolls to Cruiser.

I like them V8's or V6's

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JK1 For This Useful Post:

I think the consumption figures are great, my current Prado 3.0 long term average is 8.2k/l and my previous 100VX over 100,000km gave me 7.1k/l.

I would be very happy with those figures.

Geoffth

Added to post 1:

Duel sun visors. Such a simple design. Cannot believe they are not standard on all cars!!

Hates:
    Sunglasses holder. Why the hell can't Toyota make proper holders. I swear, you cannot fit reading glasses in there!!!
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

I agree with the holder. Ridiculous that Toyota thinks its acceptable.

Did my first open road drive this weekend. Was just 200km but it was done at a brisk pace and the road had lots of hills.

I say again, the VX-R is worlds apart from the VX. From gearshifts, to lockup in 6th. It drives so much easier. The VX is a frustrating drive having continuously to try and get it to lock up

And fuel economy..returned 9km/l. I am very surprised by that!
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Added to post 1:

Duel sun visors. Such a simple design. Cannot believe they are not standard on all cars!!

Hates:
    Sunglasses holder. Why the hell can't Toyota make proper holders. I swear, you cannot fit reading glasses in there!!!
    Het alle karre nie 2 sun visors nie?
    "K.a.k Wheeler

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD - 400 000km and permanent member of the family
    2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU 3.6 - no lift kit and smaller wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    Het alle karre nie 2 sun visors nie?
    Weet nie of jy nou sarkasties is nie, of jy n grap maak nie.

Ek praat van 2 visors vir elk van die voorste passesier. Beteken jy kan een voor jou hou, en die ander een langs die kant. Werk briljant as die son van n hoek af kom.

Die Cruiser was die eerste kar wat ek gehad het wat 2 het.
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

Did my first open road drive this weekend. Was just 200km but it was done at a brisk pace and the road had lots of hills.

I say again, the VX-R is worlds apart from the VX. From gearshifts, to lockup in 6th. It drives so much easier. The VX is a frustrating drive having continuously to try and get it to lock up

And fuel economy..returned 9km/l. I am very surprised by that!
    Do you know if your vxr is running oem software.

Quote Originally Posted by TOY4X4 View Post
    Do you know if your vxr is running oem software.
    Yes and yes.

Know the previous owner very well. It was his wife's car.
    Did not even have gravel rash on the shocks!!!
    Gert Grobler

Bush Lapa Ratel 4i 1906

VW Amarok PanAm V6

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast