Default Small boat hire in Zim

I'm looking for a boat to hire at a reasonable price for use on the Zambezi later on in the year.

Default Re: Small boat hire in Zim

I think you would need to hire from Chirundu town. Tiger Safaris or you can speak to the owners at Jenna Point camp. They would supply a boat with driver. Unfortunately self drive require a boat license and I donít know of anyone who hires out boats. The river is difficult to navigate and I wouldnít recommend self driving unless you know the river. Added bonus, the driver knows the spots and puts worms on your hook.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nhoro For This Useful Post:

ZS5

I've hired boats in various places, and itís always a great experience. When I was in Crete, I found a fantastic service through Boat Rental Crete​​. It was reasonably priced at about Ä200 for a half-day. The boat was in great condition, and we had an amazing time exploring the coast and hidden spots that you can't reach by car.

The benefits of hiring a boat include the flexibility to go wherever you want, at your own pace. Itís a more personal and private way to enjoy the water compared to crowded tours.

For the Zambezi, I recommend looking online for local rental companies. Check reviews to ensure youíre getting a good deal and a reliable boat. The experience of navigating such a majestic river on your own terms is definitely worth it. Make sure to book in advance, especially if you're going during a busy season.
    Last edited by JakesNissan; 2024/06/27 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JakesNissan View Post
    I've hired boats in various places, and itís always a great experience. When I was in Crete, I found a fantastic service through Boat Rental Crete​​. It was reasonably priced at about Ä200 for a half-day. The boat was in great condition, and we had an amazing time exploring the coast and hidden spots that you can't reach by car.
    Thanks, thatís very valuable info for Zimbabwe 👍🏻