Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Default Re: Sunsynk - Not going into the evening full

So there is 3 strings of 7, of which the 7 on the N facing roofs gets trees shade from 17:00 in the summer and from 15:00 this last few weeks.
    The 14 on the NE roof does not have trees issues, until the sun is to low, that was typically also from 16:00 in the afternoon.

My issue is with the 12:00 to 14:00/15:00 dropping of charge and not holding it.

Use today for example, where there is no loads since 12:00, it keeps the charge at 99%, but other days where the geyser tops up, or borehole kicks in a few times after irrigation to fill up the tanks, it does not use the available sun but drains the battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Idle.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	720547  
    2011 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4
    2008 Lexus IS250 V6
    Jaco

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepiscool View Post
    Jaco try to set the 13:00 to 17:00 slot together 100%. This should force it to use PV or grid during that period. Then let's see if it uses PV or grid to serve the loads..
    Maybe try this?

Alfa Romeo Stelvio - Bellissimo!
    Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8 (sold)
    Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde (sold but still near to me)
    JKU Rubicon Pentastar (sold )
    JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeepiscool For This Useful Post:

Yes it should keep the SOC at 100%, unless the load is more than the PV, say up 16h00 depends when the sun starts to fade. To use the grid you need to tick the grid box in that period and set the SOC maybe at 100%, but it should use the PV as priority when available irrespective.
    Last edited by JLK; 2024/04/24 at 08:38 PM.
    Johan Kriel

Obviously don't want to use grid and you may get rainy days where it will use it then, but I get what your saying. Will give it a shot over the weekend when I am at home as well!
    2008 Lexus IS250 V6
    Jaco

So again, the other frustrating thing is when the system "idle/throttle" like this.
    Quick check with switching the geyser on to see what is actually available, but not being used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Off.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	720627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	On.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	720628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Throttle.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	720629  
    Last edited by JacoE; 2024/04/24 at 11:18 AM.
    2008 Lexus IS250 V6
    Jaco

Cant comment on the midday PV issue.

But on the timer part there seems to be an error on one of the previous screenshots that you sent. I'm aware that its not the cause of your issues but this may help someone else , I over looked it recently when I couldnt figure out why the damn battery wont supply power whilst there is still grid.

The timer screen does not have any user error validation. You cannot have a start time greater than an end time.

From a "developer" perspective I assume its executing the following logic to trigger the timer.

Scenario 1
    The below will trigger because the time for both conditions are true and falls between 15:00 and 16:00
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scenario1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	720688

Scenario 2
    The below will not trigger because not both conditions are true. It's purely looking at the time as a number and not taking date into account. It doesnt know that you mean 2:00AM the next day it's thinking you mean 2:00AM today. (This scenario was captured from one of your previous screenshots)

Name:	scenario2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	720691

I did a test on my setup with the following settings just now at 18:08. When the time is activated its behaving strangely. The battery is supplying 21W If i turn off the timer the inverter then feeds the battery to top it up again like it should.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	720689

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	720690
    Last edited by SBSP; 2024/04/24 at 06:36 PM.

Shorter days and other angles aside, do you get worse PV performance in the winter than summer or not? IOW, if the max PV charge was the full 9.6kw (same as panels) in the summer, do you see that in the winter as well during peak time in the day?
    2008 Lexus IS250 V6
    Jaco

Quote Originally Posted by JacoE View Post
    I cannot find something similar so apologies if this is addressed somewhere else.

Am I the only one that has this problem, where my system charges full during the day (Full meaning 97%-99% from what I understand), but then it drains during the rest of the day which results in my going into the evening with a battery sometimes as low as 88%/89%.

So I have a 2 x 5kW Inverters and 2 x 5kW Batteries. Then after a month I added another 5kW battery. It feels like this issue has become worse since the third battery was added, but it was there before it as well.

So my geysers and batteries charges before 12 each day and then the system idles the rest of the afternoon and the battery charge goes down towards 90% and even worse when you do something that uses power when we are at home over the weekends, then it just drains more, without it ever charging it full again with the abundance of sun still available.

The installer (which I trust and did more than 300 installations to date for SS) has done all the firmware updates as SS requested. They even played around with a few settings and some days it holds it charge (like two of my friends' how SS systems holds that charge the whole afternoon, but then after 3/4 days this drain nonsense just happens again.

Anybody else perhaps?

Have you had any luck in solving this problem. It is very frustrating as when you need a full charge it will start with this slow discharging nonsense.

Any resolution to this problem? Very frustrating.

The temp fix was the installer throttling the charge rate a bit, but they are busy with SS currently. First feedback was because my loads during week days was so low blah blah blah, so as expected not sure they will help a lot. Installer are still pushing them, as he says I am not the only one, he must have +- 10 out of his 300 installations doing this, but mine is of the worst. Will let you know the outcome.
    2008 Lexus IS250 V6
    Jaco

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JacoE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JacoE View Post
    The temp fix was the installer throttling the charge rate a bit, but they are busy with SS currently. First feedback was because my loads during week days was so low blah blah blah, so as expected not sure they will help a lot. Installer are still pushing them, as he says I am not the only one, he must have +- 10 out of his 300 installations doing this, but mine is of the worst. Will let you know the outcome.
    Have the installer upgraded the BMS firmware to the latest version ?? I want to upgrade my firmware to see if anything will change

Quote Originally Posted by jburger60 View Post
    Have the installer upgraded the BMS firmware to the latest version ?? I want to upgrade my firmware to see if anything will change
    They have yes, perhaps helped a bit
    2008 Lexus IS250 V6
    Jaco

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JacoE For This Useful Post:

Hello Jaco,

Please give me a video call (whatsapp / zoom / teams or Google meet)

It will take 5 minutes to assist you in getting the system set up the way you want it.

You will then have your required back up and use less Eskom power and more sun

Cheers

Barry
    082 562 8225

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5