Thread: 4X4 Insurance

Default 4X4 Insurance

Hi there

Any pointers in the right direction with regard to 4X4 insurance for a Toyota Landcruiser ? 20yrs ago when I last owned a 4X4 TuffStuff were recommended and way to go. Are there other companies doing similar now offering comprehensive insurance in Southern African countries including vehicle repatriation etc. Appreciated.

Richard

Default Re: 4X4 Insurance

Cross Country is another option and also Santam and Old Mutual but they did not do the repatriation themselves they only pay an amount extra for yourself to do the repatriation. Tuffstufff the only one to get themselves involved with the repatriation as far as I know.

2016 Hilux 2.8 GD6 4x4 Dc
    2021 Bushlapa Kewer 2480

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:

Outsurance have an "out in Africa" package which offers fairly similar cover to Tuffstuf.
    Beat-up rat rod of a '96 Nissan Patrol that bears the evidence of many wonderful adventures (and a few stupid indiscretions).

Hi there.

We're about to start an overland trip from Angola to Vic Falls (crossing Namibia and Botswana). We're driving a 2020 Suzuki Jimny registered in Angola, with normal 3rd party insurance valid in Angola until 2025. The insurers we contacted here don't have coverage for border countries or other kind of international insurance.

Unfortunately TuffStuff told us that they only do insurance for RSA registered vehicles and clients with RSA bank accounts.

I've read about the fuel tax in Namibia that goes to the road fund, but I think I'd rather have something like a temporary insurance for both countries we're driving into - Namibia ad Botswana.

We're entering Namibia through Santa Clara/Oshikango and Botswana through Ngoma Bridge/Kasane.

Any advice would be most welcome!