Thread: Mabua in March?

Default Mabua in March?

Well, we finally got all our nights sorted, heading to Mabua for 2 weeks starting mid-March.

We have always gone in either late August, Sept or Oct, so I'm wondering weather wise what March will be like. It hot here in the WC at the moment! It's seems there is possibility of rain in the afternoons in Mabua?

Also, do I need to be concerned about mice at that time of the year and precautionary measures??

Really looking forward to our trip!
    2005 Landcruiser Prado V6

Default Re: Mabua in March?

Hi
    I was in Mabua in Feb last year. We came across from the RSA side where it was ridiculously hot, 35 to 40 degrees every day. Thankfully, on the Mabua side we found that the temps were generally about 5 degrees cooler, so we experienced about 27 to 35 degrees over the 4 days . Mabua area also seems to get that bit of afternoon cloud cover that cools the later part of the day or possibly even results in a rain shower.
    Mice? We didn't have any hassles with mice.
    Beware of the hyenas whilst you're sleeping - they will invade your site and pinch anything that may seem desirable.
    Enjoy the trip. I'm hugely envious! And give us a trip report when you're back

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckzoo View Post
    Also, do I need to be concerned about mice at that time of the year and precautionary measures??
    I haven't heard of a problem with mice in Mabua - that's a CKGR issue. But I may be wrong.
    Tony Weaver
    2010 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 3.2l diesel
    Previously
    1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line 3.5l V8; 1968 2.25l Land Rover SII; 1969 2.6l SIIA; 1973 2.25l SIII
    1983 Toyota HiLux 2l 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by shfish View Post
    Hi
    I was in Mabua in Feb last year. We came across from the RSA side where it was ridiculously hot, 35 to 40 degrees every day. Thankfully, on the Mabua side we found that the temps were generally about 5 degrees cooler, so we experienced about 27 to 35 degrees over the 4 days . Mabua area also seems to get that bit of afternoon cloud cover that cools the later part of the day or possibly even results in a rain shower.
    Mice? We didn't have any hassles with mice.
    Beware of the hyenas whilst you're sleeping - they will invade your site and pinch anything that may seem desirable.
    Enjoy the trip. I'm hugely envious! And give us a trip report when you're back
    Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to a little cooler weather and really excited to see Mabua in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Weaver View Post
    I haven't heard of a problem with mice in Mabua - that's a CKGR issue. But I may be wrong.
    Thanks Tony, I might have mixed up the two reserves.