Default Lightweight Travel Trailer Layout

This is the best trailer design I've seen.
    It would be great if a local company could adopt a similar "bush-ready" design.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzJRX-Um6Kk

Default Re: Lightweight Travel Trailer Layout

I didn't see a stove, nor a food prep area. If he is 5'11", the overall height looks to be over 8' (2400mm), and with independent suspension, it is likely to roll-over quicker than a circus poodle. For the US, 4200lbs is light, but in SA this is 1900kgs and above the average weight of similar sized caravans. Overall nice idea for a sport style weekend teardrop. Not sure how well those rear doors will keep out dust on the road and rain in a heavy downpour. The big rear opening may also compromise the structural sturdiness of the box. Not yet in production and no price tag.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heinz Modricky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    I didn't see a stove, nor a food prep area. If he is 5'11", the overall height looks to be over 8' (2400mm), and with independent suspension, it is likely to roll-over quicker than a circus poodle. For the US, 4200lbs is light, but in SA this is 1900kgs and above the average weight of similar sized caravans. Overall nice idea for a sport style weekend teardrop. Not sure how well those rear doors will keep out dust on the road and rain in a heavy downpour. The big rear opening may also compromise the structural sturdiness of the box. Not yet in production and no price tag.
    I agree about the height. Do a mini moose test and see what happens.

On a side note, I have seen some SA manufactured high end vans drive around camp for hours waiting for someone to leave as their (much lower than 2400mm) vans cant fit under trees to get into a site.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LandyLove For This Useful Post:

These bunk beds (adjustable) and cargo area are quite impressive as well -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev6q8CfcsuM&t=648s