Default North West 200 and Isle of Man 2024.

Some of you might be aware that my nephew Allann-Jon Venter has been racing at the Isle of Man for a good couple of years now. Last year was the first time, he took a BMW1000RR bike that was locally prepared over for the Superbike race.
    This year, he's put together a deal where he will be racing the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT on a 2023 BMW1000RR that is being built and prepared by them at Lekka Racing and their partners at BMW.
    I'll post more information as it becomes available. Here is his latest release.

Just short 90 days until the @north_west_200

This will be my first time ever riding at the Northwest, so I have a lot to learn building up the @iom_tt

There's lots of news to keep coming out in the next few days....

Make sure you follow this page and the @lekka_racing_shop page for all the information building up to the @north_west_200

There are still lots of sponsorship/advertising opportunities available which will be broadcast all across the world, as well as locally here in SA.

For more information email Dom at [email protected]

A big thank you to the people who have stuck by me over the years and continue to support us for 2024.

This year is definitely going to be bigger than last year, so make sure you get yourselves involved!

@lekka_racing_shop
    @mass_sports_south_africa
    @mass__sports
    @powered_by_autocycle
    @hjchelmets
    @beamproductions
    @redstarraceway_official
    @honda_sa
    @npl_international
    @tag43_premium_spirit
    @extrimo_co
    @t.h.racing
    @ttracesofficial
    @arata_exhaust
    @north_west_200
    @ultimate_fitness_edenvale
    @classic_superbike_racing_assoc
    SkyNet Worldwide Express South Africa
    The humble person makes room for progress; the arrogant person believes they’re already there.
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi
    Lotus 7 (replica - not a kit)
    Jurgens Xplorer (Home from Home)
    Freelance Photographer (part time)
    Member Of: Southern African Freelancers' Association

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul#25 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: North West 200 and Isle of Man 2024.

This is the press release from TH Racing in the UK.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...ibextid=ZbWKwL

2024 Rider Line Up:

Venter - Bellers Smith - Watt

TH Racing are pleased to announce that South African AJ Venter and Welshman Jay Bellers Smith will join forces within the Team for the 2024 season. And, in a one off ride, Co Armagh’s Jonathan Watt will join the team at the Aberdare Park Road Races where he will ride the Hywel Griffiths Kawasaki Supertwin.
    It’s certainly going to be a busy season with Venter carrying the team name at the Isle of Man TT Races where he will ride the TH Racing CBR600RR in the Supersport Races, and the Hywel Griffiths Plant Hire Kawasaki Z650 Supertwin.
    Venter will also make his debut at the North West 200 where again he will be on both the Supersport and Supertwin machines.
    A very welcome addition into the team will be Jay Bellers Smith. Jay will compete on the Supersport 600 and Supertwin at the three Scarborough meetings and at the Armoy Road Races. He will also be mounted on the teams Supersport 600 Honda at Aberdare. Jay had already a Supermono ride lined up for the Aberdare event which runs concurrently with the Supertwins class leaving the Supertwin unseated for the event.
    Fortunately a brief chat with Newtownhamilton’s Jonathon Watt soon convinced the team that the former Irish Junior Support Champion was worthy of a run out at Aberdare on the Supertwin, and we are very pleased that Jonathan will join us at the event.

Allan J Venter:
    “I am excited and grateful for the chance to carry on this new relationship with TH Racing. I met Trevor and the team at TT23 and one day later I was buzzing down Bray Hill on his CBR600RR. We had a fantastic TT with me setting my PB on a Supersport machine by a long way. I honestly can’t thank Trevor and the team enough. I have always wanted to do the NW200 and now my chance has came to make my debut at the event. Being a newcomer is always stressful but knowing that you are on safe equipment I can focus on understanding the NW200 circuit. It will be a new experience for a lot of South African people and hopefully we will see some more supporting this prestigious event”.

Jay Bellers Smith:
    “I am absolutely delighted to be joining Trevor, Willis and Hywel at TH Racing for 2024 riding their well proven Honda and the Hywel Griffiths Kawasaki Supertwin. It’s a team that I have had a lot of interest in since their new beginning in 2023 and to see how professional they are and how great the bikes are turned out, I knew it was the right decision for me to get going and prove that we as a team has what it takes to get to the front.”

Jonathan Watt:
    “I debuted at Aberdare last season where I took a win and two second places onboard the Cancer Fund For Children ZXR400 Kawasaki. I fell in love with the circuit there and it is my pleasure to be offered this ride with TH Racing with their experience they have throughout the team, and I aim to do their hard work and dedication to the sport justice at Aberdare”.

Willis Marshall (Team Manager)
    “It has been an extremely busy few days trying to get our riders sorted, but thankfully we are here now and so the work begins to go racing in 2024.
    We are delighted to retain AJ Venter for the Isle of Man TT races and of course an added bonus to have him at the NW200.
    Jay Bellers Smith was a guy we had our eyes on last year. The lad is super talented and he fits in perfect for our events outside of the two international races. We where made aware that Jay was already committed to a supermono for the Aberdare event which runs along side the Supertwins race, so I spoke to Jonathon Watts who impressed me on his debut at Aberdare in 2023. A quick chat with Jonathon and a very moving story, was enough to offer him the twin ride at Aberdare. We have three excellent riders in the TH Racing Team who are all super excited for the season.
    The humble person makes room for progress; the arrogant person believes they’re already there.
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul#25 For This Useful Post:

Here is the latest from Allann-Jon Venter.

Less than 100 days to go....this year we are mixing it up a bit.... entries have all been accepted... press release is on its way....we will have 4x bikes running out of our set-up this year....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1708364954866.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	714466
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul#25 For This Useful Post:

Met Allan-Jon and his dad (also a renowned racer, maybe Paul could tell us more) by chance at Aldo Scribante on a Saturday in 2004, when he was practising for the next race. The two of them were there from Johannesburg with their impressive fully-equipped racing van. Allan (I believe then only around 16 years of age) was properly caning the bike around the track and the soundtrack was incredible.

Glad to hear he is doing so well overseas, because one could just see dedication written all over his face!

All the best to them with the TT races.
    2011 Pajero 3.8 GLS LWB

Quote Originally Posted by Ouarzazate View Post
    Met Allan-Jon and his dad (also a renowned racer, maybe Paul could tell us more) by chance at Aldo Scribante on a Saturday in 2004, when he was practising for the next race. The two of them were there from Johannesburg with their impressive fully-equipped racing van. Allan (I believe then only around 16 years of age) was properly caning the bike around the track and the soundtrack was incredible.

Glad to hear he is doing so well overseas, because one could just see dedication written all over his face!

All the best to them with the TT races.
    The racing bug has a long history in the family. My grandfather raced bikes for the OK Supreme factory and wone what is now the DJ Rally in 1936 when it was still a proper race. Our dad and Andre's father-in-law, Fred Tissen, both raced with Fred wining a SA Championship back in the day. Andre and I both raced bikes until I moved over to racing my Lotus 7 replica in 2000 while he carried on with the bikes. Allan-Jon started racing bikes in the 50cc class when his feet couldn't touch the ground on his Yamaha RZ 50. After finishing high school Allan-Jon went to race in the UK for 7 years. He mostly competed in the BSB Supersport class where he finished 3rd in the championship one year. During this time he went over the Isle of Man TT with the team when he was Guy Martin's teammate. He was invited back to the TT as a competitor a few years later. He has now competed at the TT and Classic TT for a number of years as well as at the Macau GP. Allan-Jon's sun, Ajay started racing in the PW Junior class last year at the age of 5 and won his class.
    As mentioned, I moved over to racing my Lotus 7 replica that I built from scratch, winning the Class B title twice. I also built a Porsche 924 for my Ex to race in the Porsche 924 Challenge. I built in Porsche 944s suspension and brakes into the car which was great fun to race. After the 924 Challenge the car was successfully raced in Historic and endurance races.
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul#25 For This Useful Post:

White joins Venter for an all South African Team for TT2024:

South African Superbike-Ace Michael White will make his Mountain Course debut at this year's Monster Energy Isle of Man TT Races. He will be competing under the wing of South Africa's only current "Road Racer" A-J Venter.

Venter, currently the fastest "South African" rider to lap the TT course at 125.9mph will once again be on a similar spec 2023 BMW S1000RR and competing in all three of the 1-litre class races. ( Superbike, Superstock, Senior). Both bikes will be supplied by Sandton BMW Motorrad and built and prepped by AJ and his Lekka Racing Shop in South Africa. Venter will also be taking part in the Supersport and Lightweight category onboard TH Racing's Honda CBR600 and Kawasaki ER-6 machines.
    AJ Venter: " The build-up to last year's TT Races was a strange one for me, as in the past couple of seasons I had always flown across to the TT on my own, and ridden a bike that had been prepped on arrival. For many reasons, it always seemed a struggle as the first night's practice would always be my first time sitting on the bike and actually testing the bike, as well as understanding the full job of learning the bike and the track all in one shot! On so many occasions I would run into problems that were out of my control and at the end of 2019 I was ready to pack it all in. However, at the start of last year, we had a race event here in SA and I was lucky enough to race against Michael Dunlop, an absolute TT legend and role model to everyone. Having spoken with him afterward, the sense that he was making was to do our own thing rather, and that way we are able to "sail our own ship".

Although it was a massive mountain to climb in a short space of time, we South Africans know how to dig deep and make it all happen. Last year we literally built our own bikes, packed them in crates, and sent them over to the Isle of Man, creating an "all South African" outfit. We then went on to set my PB lap time for the TT course even though we still had a few issues that held us back. The plan going forward for this year is to address those small issues and see where we end up. I have no exact target of where I'd like to finish or potentially where I could finish as you never know what the TT course throws at you on the day, as long as we both come home safe having achieved the best we can be....However, a big focus for me is being able to share my passion for the TT course with my good friend Michael White who will be making his TT debut this year. I run a small riding school here in SA as it's a real passion for me to teach, and now being able to take all of this across to the "The Road Racing Capital of the World" and help Michael achieve this is also really special. He's a former SA Champion back here at home with some international experience in Italy, so he's no slouch on a motorbike! I have absolutely no expectations of Michael, only for him to do his best, and take his time. The TT course is nothing like we are used to in SA and I experienced that myself in my first year. However, I will be doing my best to ensure he does all his homework and onboard laps before he gets there. As a proud South African, to be able to represent our country and our people at the "Road Racing Capital of the World" is something I would never have dreamed of. After our trip across last year, the amount of South African people who have reached out to us that are coming across to the Isle of Man for the first time is fantastic! I'm sure myself and Michael will do them proud. For now, the focus is getting the bikes built and all the logistics to travel halfway across the world!"

Michael's thoughts on the TT.
    "From a kid growing up, the TT was always the race I looked at as the "ultimate race". It's a place that can throw many physical and mental technicalities at you all in one massive blur of speed! As a youngster, it fascinated me but as I grew older and understood it more, it intrigued me in an entirely different way. Each time I study an onboard lap, I respect it more in all aspects as I start to understand more of what it takes to do what these guys do. Now that I have this amazing opportunity to compete myself, I have again found a new level of respect and it's forcing me to learn the track more in detail rather than just watching the race as a spectator on TV. With the help and guidance from AJ and his Lekka Racing team, I already feel a lot more comfortable knowing that the bike I will be riding is in good hands and that I can shift my focus fully on learning the TT Course. Having grown up alongside a few members of the team, it sure does bring a sense of family and calm to the situation which always helps when you take on a big event like this. My aim is to learn and progress step by step as we go along. Fortunately for me my teammate and long-time friend AJ Venter has done this a few times and has been able to guide me in the right direction from his own personal experiences and tribulations. I'm going into TT2024 completely open-minded and fully humbled by this amazing course, and really taking this opportunity to learn absolutely everything my brain will absorb for the future. As AJ and I have already discussed, no person will ever learn the TT Course in your first year, and possibly not even your second year! This is an opportunity that I have dreamt of since I was a child and now that it's a reality it almost doesn't feel real. All I want to do is be on that start line and see the famous arch I've grown up watching on TV. Lastly, I would really like to thank Paul Phillips and his team for giving me this opportunity and I am looking forward to working alongside Milky and Johnny Barton as we build up to TT2024!

You will be able to follow the team's progress and build up to TT2024 on their Lekka Racing Facebook page.

LEKKA Racing Shop
    Mass Sports South Africa
    Gedore Tools Africa
    GedoreTools
    Sandton BMW Motorrad
    BeamProductions Pty Ltd
    TAG43
    SkyNet Worldwide Express South Africa

Name:	FB_IMG_1709492799974.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	715746
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul#25 For This Useful Post:

Here is the press release from Roadracing News.

https://roadracingnews.co.uk/tt-2024...ect-announced/
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

Something different from your normal two wheel action, please come support our fundraising event to get Allann-Jon Venter and Michael White to the Isle of Man TT.

Name:	FB_IMG_1711109615134.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	717506
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

Here's a chance to win a super new helmet and help with some sponsorship for Allann-Jon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20240413-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	719523
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

This is a copy of a post on Facebook by Moto Rider World.
    https://www.facebook.com/share/p/yQS...ibextid=oFDknk

Hi all, our SA road racing star needs your support!!!
    Allann-Jon Venter has created a back a buddy account for this years TT. Unfortunately a last minute withdrawal from one of his sponsors has put him in a position that we need to ask for assistance. Please see the link below as if you are able to assist in anyway it will be much appreciated, any donations small or big is much appreciated and can be anonymous, you can also add a personal message to Aj that he will get. Thank you for the support.

https://www.backabuddy.co.za/campaig...of-man-tt-fund
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

This report is from TH Racing at the North West 200.

North West 200
    Wednesday Practice:

AJ Venter on the TH Racing CBR600RR Honda, qualified in 24th place in the first practice session for the Supersport class at this years event this afternoon.
    After suffering a slight technical issue at the start of the session, AJ went about his work in fine fashion shaving 3 seconds per lap in his six laps of the North West circuit to take a best lap of 5m.00.178s on his final circuit.
    “The bike is working well and is fast, but there are couple of little changes I might make for the second qualifying session but all in all we are more than happy with how things are going.”

Pic Credit Hi Cam ImagesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1715195824353.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	721759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1715193909419.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	721760
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul#25 For This Useful Post:

Here is the latest from TH Racing.

North West 200
    Supersport 600 Race 1.

TH Racing rider AJ Venter completed a fast and hectic four lap Supersport Race 1 at the North West 200 this evening with Venter taking a hard fought 21st place finish and the group B win in a field of 47 of the worlds best road racers.
    AJ put in a fine opening lap to be contesting a five rider scrap at the front of group B but found himself being held up with some rivals but he soon knew he had to take the lead to continue his drive onwards and on the final lap set his fastest lap of the week with a 4m53s with a speed of 110.8mph.
    The team where delighted with AJ’s result on his debut at the ultra fast North Coast venue.
    It’s a test day tomorrow wrote the main days racing on Saturday with the team still left to compete in the second Supersport 600 race and the two Supertwins 650 races.

Pic credit Hi Cam ImagesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1715281824294.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	721861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1715281839768.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	721862
    2004 Disco 2 Td5
    VW Touran 2.0Tdi

The latest from Moto Rider World on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/share/p/Ecu...ibextid=oFDknk

Allann-Jon Venter you beautiful man!!!!!

Top 10 finish with P8 in your first ever Supertwin race in the NW200!!!!

Proudly made possible by:

TH Racing
    Honda Wing SA
    Honda SA
    Master Power
    True Vine Grapeseed Products
    LEKKA Racing Shop
    45's MC South Africa
    BeamProductions Pty Ltd
    Wink Promotions
    TAG43
    Spanjaard Limited