Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 15

    Default A New Pajero Journey

    So today I collected my 'new' Pajero.
    It is a stock Pajero 3.2 Gen4 GLX (2007) with 235k km on the clock.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707068052409.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	559.7 KB 
ID:	712536
    This would be my first diesel vehicle.
    For its age it is in good condition.

    There are some wear and tear things like dust cover and boots that need to be replaced.
    Currently I am still drawing up the snag list of things to fix, but first a fluid service is in order.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Keezasa For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7,509
    Thanked: 2868

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Welcome..I had the same model.Im sure you will enjoy it..At those kilos have a look at the shocks that should be replaced by now.
    As for servicing....The gearbox does not like just any oil..Make sure whenever and where ever you service that this is known else they can kill that auto box,as good as it is

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,775
    Thanked: 44943

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Excellent vehicle. The only complaint I have is the dash rattle. You will know what I mean if you go on a gravel road. There is a fix for it.

    Enjoy
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson, A Schrodingers Douche Bag GOF

    ''In Western society, it is not the facts or the truth that are important, but the correct presentation of information, even if it is a lie.''

    Clank, a 1979 Ex-SADF Series III 109 SW powered by a Toyota 2B Oil Burner

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Current repair list

    Fix fuel filter water sensor - Done
    Replace Windshield
    Fix back door lock - Done
    Replace steering rack dust cover - Done
    Replace ball joint dust cover - Done
    Replace control arm dust cover - Done
    Replace stabilizer dust cover - Done
    Test/replace shocks - Done
    Boot Privacy shelf
    Carbon cleaning - Done

    I plan on doing the services myself.
    Engine oil - Dello 400
    ATF - MITSUBISHI DIA QUEEN ATF-PA
    I will have the shocks checked when I replace the dust covers.

    I need to get all the above done before my road trip in May.
    We will see how far I get. Repair list divided by number of weekends left.

    I must say I am impressed with the highway fuel consumption. I managed to get 8.8l/100km (N1 Morning traffic) according to onboard display. We will see how valid those figures are at my next fill-up.
    Last edited by Keezasa; 2024/03/16 at 08:59 PM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Keezasa For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    1,101
    Thanked: 834

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Congrats, great cars.

    Great start to your snag list, all I can say is don't waste money on cheap boots for steering arms and CV's, just get the genuine stuff or you'll redo it soon enough.

    I would recommend an off car clean of the manifold and Egr system. Blank off the EGR.

    Flush coolant and replace with genuine Mitsu premix and fit a genuine Thermostat.

    Atf is sp III spec. Just make sure. That's an 07 low power pajero that has the Jatco box not the aisin as in the high power. The high power uses the PA spec fluid.

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pietermaritzburg
    Age
    68
    Posts
    890
    Thanked: 313

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Check if the gearbox has a dipstick to check ATF level. If it does, it will be the Jatco box and the ATF is SP III as ChasingSunsets advised.
    Gen 4 Pajero GLX 3.2 DiD
    Forum Radio Licence 1037

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Diversions For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Diversions View Post
    Check if the gearbox has a dipstick to check ATF level. If it does, it will be the Jatco box and the ATF is SP III as ChasingSunsets advised.
    My one was the dipstick for the gearbox. So its the Jatco box.

    Calling ALL Pajero owners.
    I have a stuck rear door. At first I thought. That's frustrating, but doable. take off the interior panels.WD40 every spring and leave in there.
    Take off the bracket for the spare wheel to gain more space to fit my arm in there.
    I am able to turn and open the door lock so the door should open with no issue. This #$%#ing door does not move, does not flex. it does NOTHING!
    So I stand behind the spare wheel and look at the top of the rear door. I noticed that it dips to the left and is not flush with the roof on the left hand side. I will take some photos of the door tomorrow.
    Anyone have any advice on how to dislodge the door? I have tried a block of wood and a ten pound hammer. This door does not budge.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Keezasa For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    72
    Posts
    4,860
    Thanked: 9449

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    The central locking is playing up.

    Lock and unlock the driver door a few times with the key (not the central locking).

    Disconnect the battery and leave for a while.
    2003 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-d LWB

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to 4ePajero For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by 4ePajero View Post
    The central locking is playing up.

    Lock and unlock the driver door a few times with the key (not the central locking).

    Disconnect the battery and leave for a while.
    Update. Did all the above. No joy. So i removed the central locking motor from the door and I manually turn the door lock/latch. Doe does not move.

    So next step i am going to try is running some steel pipes through the door where the bolts go through the door for the spare wheel. Then try lift the door that way and see if there is ANY movement in the door.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Keezasa For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    1,101
    Thanked: 834

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Keezasa View Post
    Update. Did all the above. No joy. So i removed the central locking motor from the door and I manually turn the door lock/latch. Doe does not move.

    So next step i am going to try is running some steel pipes through the door where the bolts go through the door for the spare wheel. Then try lift the door that way and see if there is ANY movement in the door.
    Are you sure your door handle/latch isn't broken. It happens here or there. You need to remove the internal part of the latch. Have a google, a few points available.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to ChasingSunsets For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingSunsets View Post
    Are you sure your door handle/latch isn't broken. It happens here or there. You need to remove the internal part of the latch. Have a google, a few points available.
    After trying everything suggested and googled. I suspect it is the lock itself that is stuffed. It its hard to feel if the lock is unlatching when I rotate the latch mechanism. Everything moves freely in the door. I can push and pull the connecting rods and they move fine.

    Top right side of backdoor
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707481530087.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	713339
    Top left side of door. It appears lower than the right side.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707481530067.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	713340
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707481530053.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	713341
    Right side black trim line up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707481530039.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	713342
    Left side door trip is lower than the body trim
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707481530020.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	713343

    I will try take some photos of the inside of the door.
    Last edited by Keezasa; 2024/02/09 at 02:56 PM.

  21. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7,509
    Thanked: 2868

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Try one last thing.
    Get a stronger person to lift the door by the spare..Meaning with all their force lift and while they do this you push the door where the door handle is as hard as you can inwards..Then pull on the door handle and see if it releases.
    All this at once..If the door is skew then its possible the mechanism angle is such that it just wont release.I find doors that are set wrong often jam and a hard push alone on the door releases it but yours sounding skew might need the added lift
    The internals of the lock are plastic and over time dirst and dust collect and can cause the mechanism to break from overstraining
    Maybe before doing the above have a look when you pull the door handle up.Looking from underneath are the 2 holes where the "arms" go in that would trigger the mechanism..Spray some Q20 in each hole facing the tube of the spray more downwards.
    Last edited by Mr.G; 2024/02/09 at 02:35 PM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7,509
    Thanked: 2868

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDL9bA9Q7RE
    If the above fails this shows the longer/harder option

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDL9bA9Q7RE
    If the above fails this shows the longer/harder option
    I was so hoping this would be a fix for my problem. i used the same connecting rod to try open the door but no joy. My friend is coming over and we will see if we can lift and pull the door open.

    Thanks Mr.G

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Keezasa For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7,509
    Thanked: 2868

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Lift and push dont pull
    I usually use my shoulder to push the left side with my weight then pull the lever slowly to release
    Last edited by Mr.G; 2024/02/09 at 03:45 PM.

  28. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    HARTBEESPOORT DAM
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3
    Thanked: 8

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Congrats on your new buy!!! I got mine two weeks ago. 2014 Model GLS with 200k on clock. I did a remap with Arnold earlier the week and if this sort of thing is something you would consider I would definitely recommend it. It feels like a different vehicle. It is much nicer to drive, it feels nippy and responsive and the best of all is the fuel consumption. I get 10.5 city driving (I do 40 km to work and back daily in hectic traffic) and 11.9 km/l on highway. This is with bigger wheels - 265/70/R17 and and spacers with 45MM lift.

    So enjoy your Pajero, I know I cant get enough of mine.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Jurie Green For This Useful Post:


  30. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Victory!

    OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707487286651.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	713349

    I used the laptop and a borescope camera to confirm what I am feeling/poking.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707487286666.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	713350

    Lock assembly out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707487286696.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	266.6 KB 
ID:	713351

    Problem child is this little lever that does not move freely one the latch is in the closed/locked position.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707487286680.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	713352

    Lets see if a good cleaning will restore it.

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keezasa For This Useful Post:


  32. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Simon's Town
    Age
    74
    Posts
    1,177
    Thanked: 562

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    I know it's a bit late, now. I got stuck at Polentswa one day and was unable to open the back door. The big problem was that I have a drawer system installed so couldn't get at the door from the inside or access the water tank that travels in the 3rd row foot well.

    I eventually drove one of the back wheels onto a rock to twist the monocoque body slightly and this "twist" enabled me to open the back door.
    Malcolm
    2015 Pajero 3.2 LWB
    Bushwakka Sundowner No. 31

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to mcowell For This Useful Post:


  34. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,468
    Thanked: 727

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Keezasa View Post
    Victory!

    OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707487286651.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	713349

    I used the laptop and a borescope camera to confirm what I am feeling/poking.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707487286666.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	713350

    Lock assembly out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707487286696.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	266.6 KB 
ID:	713351

    Problem child is this little lever that does not move freely one the latch is in the closed/locked position.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1707487286680.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	713352

    Lets see if a good cleaning will restore it.
    Congrats. It does look a bit dusty in there so hopefully the clean will make it all work again. Maybe after the fix McGuyver some sort of cable tie, rope quick release somewhere should it ever happen again in the future.

    CATS
    2015 VW Transporter T5.1 132kw 4motion DSG - (Shrek) My Bush-Bus
    2003 Safari Xplorer
    Previous : 1996 Colt Rodeo 3000 V6 (The Original! - SOLD) : 1998 Colt Rodeo 2.8Tdi (My first Diesel - SOLD) : 2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Sylvester - SOLD) : 2001 LR Defender 90 (Grizzly - Sadly SOLD) : 2010 LR Discovery 4 HSE (Snow White - SOLD) : 2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS (Snoopy - SOLD but never forgotten) :2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Casper ,Old Faithfull, - SOLD)

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Cats For This Useful Post:


  36. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: A New Pajero Journey

    Thanks for all the suggestions. I have tried most of them. All the pushing and bumping of the back door. I think my neighbours might think I was trying to violate my new cabby.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurie Green View Post
    Congrats on your new buy!!! I got mine two weeks ago. 2014 Model GLS with 200k on clock. I did a remap with Arnold earlier the week and if this sort of thing is something you would consider I would definitely recommend it. It feels like a different vehicle. It is much nicer to drive, it feels nippy and responsive and the best of all is the fuel consumption. I get 10.5 city driving (I do 40 km to work and back daily in hectic traffic) and 11.9 km/l on highway. This is with bigger wheels - 265/70/R17 and and spacers with 45MM lift.


    So enjoy your Pajero, I know I cant get enough of mine.
    Thanks, apart from all the current noises coming from the cabin. and the front suspension. The drive is great. Nothing on the Tiguan, but it has its special place.
    Thanks for info on the remap. I plan on going the iDrive throttle controller route next year.
    I have the VW for my speed fix.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcowell View Post
    I know it's a bit late, now. I got stuck at Polentswa one day and was unable to open the back door. The big problem was that I have a drawer system installed so couldn't get at the door from the inside or access the water tank that travels in the 3rd row foot well.

    I eventually drove one of the back wheels onto a rock to twist the monocoque body slightly and this "twist" enabled me to open the back door.
    Interesting. definitely something for me to consider if it get stuck again.

    My issue appears to be the D bracket or catch on the body. After searching for a T40 bit to loosen the bolts. I knocked the catch forward (Towards the door) about 2mm. Door closes first time everytime. Sometimes I need to push the door before opening the door. Some tweaking needed.
    While I was at it I replaced the 'High break lights with LEDs as the current globe holders were missing globes. :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cats View Post
    Congrats. It does look a bit dusty in there so hopefully the clean will make it all work again. Maybe after the fix McGuyver some sort of cable tie, rope quick release somewhere should it ever happen again in the future.

    CATS
    First day out in the dirt. Took the less dirty routes and I have torn boots at the moment that I still need to replace.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1708877014382.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	715086
    Sprayed the rims Graphite with plastic rubber dip.
    Seeing if the Graphite colour works overall before committing to a permanent solution
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pose2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	293.7 KB 
ID:	715087

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuelconsum.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	715088
    Overall Fuel consumption for the day with 80-110kmph runs, stop start and two roadblocks.
    https://www.fuelly.com/car/mitsubishi/pajero/2007/keezaza/1261382

    Current: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLX
    Current: 2012 VW Tiguan 2 tsi

    Ex: 1995 Pajero LWB 3000 v6 SC.
    Ex: 1984 SJ410 4AGE

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Keezasa For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •