Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    57
    Posts
    14,467
    Thanked: 2147

    Default BMW 1300 GS vs 1250?

    So the new 1300 Gs should be here end Jan. My1200 gs is now becoming dated. And I dont have a bike. An altercation with some tarrentale smashed the front up and nothing is going to happen till deep in the new year.

    Now the choices are getting 1250 now and sell the 1200 when all the plastics has been fixed and repainted or wait for the 1300. New 1250 gsa are up to 390k starting at around 320k.

    So a new 1250 is not viable as the 1300 will come in at the same price.

    All the reviews favor the 1300. Now its just waiting and starting the process to look for a clean 1250....

    Surely I am not the only one with this dilemma
    Angel Group
    Solar-Construction-Offroad
    [email protected]
    0824453301
    Next event: 4x4 Recovery-TBA

    https://gfolk.me/HermanEngelbrecht475422

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Constantia Kloof
    Age
    48
    Posts
    48
    Thanked: 7

    Default Re: BMW 1300 GS vs 1250?

    Had much the same thinking process as my 1250 was liberated by 4 guys and a taxi without seats.

    Did lotís of reading and do like the 1300, but could not wait for March next year (after dealer stock and waiting list orders have been filled), so got another 1250.

    Also I think itís a good idea to give it a year or so, as I was unlucky with a gearbox failure on the first batch of 1200 LCís, so a bit hesitant.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HermanH For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    57
    Posts
    14,467
    Thanked: 2147

    Default Re: BMW 1300 GS vs 1250?

    New top model 1300 will come in at R560 000. Then that is not the adventure that will take more time to come!
    Angel Group
    Solar-Construction-Offroad
    [email protected]
    0824453301
    Next event: 4x4 Recovery-TBA

    https://gfolk.me/HermanEngelbrecht475422

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Durban or Centurion
    Posts
    1,684
    Thanked: 1900

    Default Re: BMW 1300 GS vs 1250?

    I know technically the 1300 is a much nicer bike, but (for now), I just canít get myself to like the looks.

    Iím sure it will grow on me over time, and maybe the GSA will swing it for me.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,597
    Thanked: 4894

    Default Re: BMW 1300 GS vs 1250?

    Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Also I think itís a good idea to give it a year or so, as I was unlucky with a gearbox failure on the first batch of 1200 LCís, so a bit hesitant.
    Never ever buy a new model (car or bike) in the first year. Let the teething problems be someone elseís.

    Herman rather get a used 1250. There may be a few good ones coming to market now. Wait a year and then upgrade when the hype has died down. Maybe you even get a special then.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LandyLove For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    57
    Posts
    14,467
    Thanked: 2147

    Default Re: BMW 1300 GS vs 1250?

    Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    I know technically the 1300 is a much nicer bike, but (for now), I just canít get myself to like the looks.

    Iím sure it will grow on me over time, and maybe the GSA will swing it for me.
    Reviews seems to say the bike is super safe , smooth acceleration etc, not that kick when you go.

    Anyway 1250 it seems .
    Angel Group
    Solar-Construction-Offroad
    [email protected]
    0824453301
    Next event: 4x4 Recovery-TBA

    https://gfolk.me/HermanEngelbrecht475422

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Engel For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Pretoria, centurion
    Posts
    364
    Thanked: 496

    Default Re: BMW 1300 GS vs 1250?

    Might be a good opportunity to try something more exiting and fun like a KTM super adventure RÖ..

    Or a Ducati Desert XÖÖ.oooooo




    Life is too short to ride boring bikesÖ..
    Last edited by Chukudeer; 2023/12/25 at 03:13 PM.
    Let's go Fishing

    300 Tdi Kalahari
    Discovery 4

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chukudeer For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    49
    Posts
    339
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: BMW 1300 GS vs 1250?

    I considered the same question April , and after much deliberation I decided on the 1250, after some looking I found a NEW demo 1250 rally X with 10km on the clock for an extremely brilliant price. Was at my local BMW yesterday to see how far the 1300 were in terms of availability and it seams they on some dealers floors now but with price tag ranging form R365K for base model going to R460K for the 719. Im Happy I saved more than 100k and got the 1250.


    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    So the new 1300 Gs should be here end Jan. My1200 gs is now becoming dated. And I dont have a bike. An altercation with some tarrentale smashed the front up and nothing is going to happen till deep in the new year.

    Now the choices are getting 1250 now and sell the 1200 when all the plastics has been fixed and repainted or wait for the 1300. New 1250 gsa are up to 390k starting at around 320k.

    So a new 1250 is not viable as the 1300 will come in at the same price.

    All the reviews favor the 1300. Now its just waiting and starting the process to look for a clean 1250....

    Surely I am not the only one with this dilemma
    2023 VW Amarok Aventura V6 DC 4 Motion Auto

    ex 2021 VW Amarok V6 DC 4 Motion Auto
    ex 2020 VW Amarok V6 DC Extreme
    ex 2017 VW Amarok V6 DC 4 Motion Auto
    ex 2015 VW Amarok 132kw DC 4 Motion Auto
    ex 2012 VW Amarok 132kw DC 4 Motion
    ex 2010 Toyota Fortuner D4D 4x4
    ex 2007 Toyota Hilux DC 4.0 v6 4x4
    ex 2003 Colt Rodeo DC 3.0 v6 4x4

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Calvin PE For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •