Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2024

Default Re: F1 - 2024

Horner will have to step aside: https://www.is.fi/formula1/art-2000010242993.html

"... In Viaplay's broadcast, pit reporter Mervi Kallio said that there is already talk in the pit that Horner will have to step aside. He says that he talked about it with "a few actors".

- The decision has apparently already been made, Kallio shook on the broadcast while standing in front of Red Bull's team picture.

- Why he hasn't been kicked out, if such a decision has already been made, is probably due to the details being filed. Of course, this is all just speculation, Kallio continues.

Kallio later specified that, according to his information, the matter will be announced during the next week, possibly even as early as Wednesday. ..."
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual:https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Looks like they left the stickers on the front tyres. Maybe to get another lap or two out of it?
    Dirk Meintjies

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. And sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.

Seems word of the day seems to be "kinetic" wrt pull / pushrod suspension discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Yep, saw a few tweets that the FIA had approved it.
    Found a source: https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...-loophole-lm22

Quote Originally Posted by EttiennedK View Post
    I tried, but cannot find it now This morning an article came up in my feed that said the FIA had declared that the Mercs' front wing was "legal, but not within the spirit of the rule".

Whatever that may mean.
    no such thing as the spirit of the rules, its either written or not. Good on MB.
    Anton Muller

Nothing upsets me more than vegetarians having pudding

2020 X3 M40i
    Birkin SR20VET race car

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    no such thing as the spirit of the rules, its either written or not. Good on MB.
    History in F1 indicates otherwise, especially in the post 2022 regulation world.

Back in the day Charlie Whiting occasionally used "spirit of the rules" to justify clarifications of the regulations based on arguing a clash with the intent of the rules.

With the current 2022 aero regulations and the governance mechanisms in F1, there now effectively is such a thing as "the spirit of the regulations".

The 2022 rules was the first time there has been a ground-up reworking of the rules conceived and refined not only to make it easy to follow by reducing turbulence, but also produce a set of rules that works for F1 globally in the sense of tackling a broad range of problems rather than tackling one specific area.

Ross Brawn was quite clear at the introduction of the rules on what might be called the general intent of the rules. He has compellingly argued that a great virtue of the new system is innovations steering F1 car development in a direction counter to the objectives can be clamped down on.

There is also a broader rule at the start of Article 3.2 stating: “An important objective of the regulations in Article 3 [aerodynamic regulations] is to enable cars to race closely, by ensuring that the aerodynamic performance loss of a car following another car is kept to a minimum”.

As such, something on a car can be challenged as not being in the "spirit of the regulations".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JS-V8 For This Useful Post:

It is very difficult to write rules that will cover all eventualities that the cleverest minds in motorsport can come up with. The spirit of the rules is the blanket statement that allows the governing body to catch what falls through the cracks. It is the underlying intent of the rule and its purpose.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Early days, very early days......but that Red Bull & Max looking ominous.

Back to the CH saga. I have now convinced myself he will get the marching orders. Think RBR is just trying to figure how to do it with the least possible fall-out.
    Jaco Nell

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post

Back to the CH saga. I have now convinced myself he will get the marching orders. Think RBR is just trying to figure how to do it with the least possible fall-out.
    Yip, tend to agree. It is now about the money. RBR will want him out as cheaply as possible, search for clauses that will ensure that the least cash changes hands.

Looks like the lady is seeking compensation, and it appears like the matter will be trundling off to the courts. Can never figure out how chatting someone up can cost you millions. The poor guys never seem to have this problem? I do not make light of sexual harassment in the workplace and do not condone infringing a damsel's private space with suggestions and lewd comments and or physical contact.

In corporate I have personally experienced the other side where young damsels are more than willing to "cuddle up" to top management in order to either get ahead and or to get the top earners as a husband. When the pawpaw hits the fan, what was an illicit, but consensual relationship, suddenly becomes a matter of sexual harassment. Not as uncommon as one would think. The golden rule is to keep your prick out of the payroll. I really hope Christian did that, for Geri's sake.

Either way, when the company no longer stands in support of you, then it is futile to continue in the role especially when you are the top dog.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Yip, tend to agree. It is now about the money. RBR will want him out as cheaply as possible, search for clauses that will ensure that the least cash changes hands.

Looks like the lady is seeking compensation, and it appears like the matter will be trundling off to the courts. Can never figure out how chatting someone up can cost you millions. The poor guys never seem to have this problem? I do not make light of sexual harassment in the workplace and do not condone infringing a damsel's private space with suggestions and lewd comments and or physical contact.

In corporate I have personally experienced the other side where young damsels are more than willing to "cuddle up" to top management in order to either get ahead and or to get the top earners as a husband. When the pawpaw hits the fan, what was an illicit, but consensual relationship, suddenly becomes a matter of sexual harassment. Not as uncommon as one would think. The golden rule is to keep your prick out of the payroll. I really hope Christian did that, for Geri's sake.

Either way, when the company no longer stands in support of you, then it is futile to continue in the role especially when you are the top dog.
    The concerning part for RBR is the reputational damage if the alleged victim goes to the Media with her story. So the settlement will likely include a gag order to keep things secret.

Methinks CH won't be in the wilderness too long if he does get the boot. If not in F1, he will find a new team somewhere in motorsport quickly, he us too good not to.
    2015 BMW X3 3.0D

Taking all into account, might the RB20 be Adrian Newey's Red Bull swansong?

Quote Originally Posted by JS-V8 View Post
    Jip. I would think so.
    Jaco Nell

Quote Originally Posted by JS-V8 View Post
    Yip, he may want to enjoy retirement on his 27m yacht he commissioned in 2023.

Red Bull Racing chief technical officer Adrian Newey buys Oyster sailing yacht (boatinternational.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post

All this smoke & mirrors BS re. CH & RBR at the moment grinds my gears. Be transparent. You live your life in the public domain. You rely on the public to fill your coffers. The public supports you. Be honest - even if its ugly.

I have had the same questions around MS for a long time. Surely his fans (self included) has a "right of sorts" to know how he is. But surely his family wishes carry more weight. I would just like to know he is kinda of ok. Just give me 2 sentences every 5 years.

#Keep Fighting Michael#
    Jaco Nell

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

All this smoke & mirrors BS re. CH & RBR at the moment grinds my gears. Be transparent. You live your life in the public domain. You rely on the public to fill your coffers. The public supports you. Be honest - even if its ugly.

I have had the same questions around MS for a long time. Surely his fans (self included) has a "right of sorts" to know how he is. But surely his family wishes carry more weight. I would just like to know he is kinda of ok. Just give me 2 sentences every 5 years.

#Keep Fighting Michael#
    With you 100% on this.

As a Schumi fan who supported him, bought his merchandise and followed him, even until now, I feel slighted that I was only allowed to know him for better and when he was earning money off his brand. I think Schumi fans deserve a health update based on the decades of devotion supporting him. It's almost like we were good enough when he made money out of us. I feel Corrina should update us, we are a large fan base, we don't need pics and I understand privacy, but frankly Michael is not going to miraculously recover so one update should suffice as Michael's situation will remain unchanged.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Forget about laptimes, they are meaningless at this stage. No team will show their hand by performing at their true pace, there are more sand in the virtual sandbags attached to these cars than in the desert around the track. Pole at Bahrain race 2023 was sub 1:30 so no point going gaga because max is a second faster than Lando now (but still 1.5s of the old car's pace)

The only metric that is absolute is number of laps done, teams are not just testing for outright speed but also for reliability.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-22 110627.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	714735
    Last edited by mullerza; 2024/02/22 at 12:30 PM.
    Anton Muller

Nothing upsets me more than vegetarians having pudding

2020 X3 M40i
    Birkin SR20VET race car

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1760617128418333019

"We hear the drain cover came lose when Mercedes ran over it. The damaged Ferrari floor will get back to Maranello for repairs. Luckily the chassis was not damaged. Spare parts are tight this early in the season. With 2 back to back races it's not a comfortable situation. #AMuS"

https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/st...88307068805602

"Ferrari, the first day of the SF-24 was more consistent than many months with the 23. Telemetry shows reduced power and high loads, no work on performance, however the improvement on degradation is considered significant"

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1760390519031472303

"Red Bull advantage around 3 tenths, not a full second, reckons Helmut Marko after first day of testing. Pack of other top teams seems to be bunched close together."

Get ready for 20 dutch anthems in 2024.
    Sent from my iPhone

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Get ready for 20 dutch anthems in 2024.
    Puh-lease let that not be the case.... the enjoyment is slipping away for me.
    Mike

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AfricainHD For This Useful Post:

Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast