Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Default Re: All-New Land Cruiser (Prado) World Premiere

Hi, this I got off Lexus page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240623_223820_Samsung Internet.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	725220  
    Last edited by Mal Hannes; 2024/06/24 at 08:56 AM.

That will be for the LX based on the 300. For some reason the previous and current GX, based on the Prado, is never available locally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Hannes View Post
    OK sorry price is ridiculous. R2.5 bar

Hi, this I got off Lexus page.
    Ja that's the LX. Lexus' version of the LC300 with the same 3.5 TT engine that's blowing up in the Tundras in the US

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Swys14 View Post
    any idea if we are getting the Lexus GX?
    Lexus Umhlanga has been taking orders on the vehicle since about July last year. Understand that they are not expecting delivery until the end of 2024 / beginning of 2025. Also donít have any specifications as yet. Was at BRWD coffee shop which is adjacent to the dealership on on Saturday when I asked about specs and expected delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou07 View Post
    Ja that's the LX. Lexus' version of the LC300 with the same 3.5 TT engine that's blowing up in the Tundras in the US
    Toyota is recalling approximately 102,000 vehicles for potential engine failure, with the recall affecting both the Toyota Tundra and Lexus LX from the 2022 and 2023 model years. The recall is only for the purely gas-powered models and does not affect the hybrid powertrains. Detritus in the engine can lead to a loss of power for the engine, according to documents filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
    The recall affects vehicles equipped with the V35A engine, a twin-turbocharged 3.4-liter V-6 that is offered with varying power outputs across the Tundra and LX lineups. The NHTSA documents explain that engine machining debris might not have been removed from the engine during the production process.
    2022 Defender D300HSE
    2022 Isuzu Mux 4x2 LSE
    2019 FJ Cruiser
    BL Kewer 3188
    Fusion 17

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    Please could you also look at winch fitment, preferably hidden with front removable towball
    Will check tomorrow and let you know.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LandyLove For This Useful Post:

Toyota is recalling approximately 102,000 vehicles for potential engine failure, with the recall affecting both the Toyota Tundra and Lexus LX from the 2022 and 2023 model years. The recall is only for the purely gas-powered models and does not affect the hybrid powertrains. Detritus in the engine can lead to a loss of power for the engine, according to documents filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
    The recall affects vehicles equipped with the V35A engine, a twin-turbocharged 3.4-liter V-6 that is offered with varying power outputs across the Tundra and LX lineups. The NHTSA documents explain that engine machining debris might not have been removed from the engine during the production process.
    That's a "cheap" oversight

Jip - must say, something like that is very unlike Toyota. They might make design mistakes every now and again, but their production and QC processes are supposed to be some of the best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    That will be for the LX based on the 300. For some reason the previous and current GX, based on the Prado, is never available locally.
    Sorry my mistake!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mal Hannes For This Useful Post:

The Lexus is a near 3xact copy of the Prado running gear with luxuries and the petrol Engine.

Why would it not be a contender if you really want the petrol engine.
    As others have said, it's US only, atleast the previous GX was, and I highly doubt Toyota/Lexus are going to bring it to the 3rd world.

Also landed in SA its probably going to 1.6-1.8 mil, for that money, people will rather buy the 300 series. USA don't have the 300. Hence, the GX Lexus has a target market.
    Current: 2017 Toyota Prado VX 4.0L V6
    Previous:
    '19 Legend 50 D/C auto 4x4 - Did not get a name.
    06 Prado VX - Nickname Bruce
    '05 Ford Ranger Supercab 2.5TD XLT - Big Joe
    '06 Fiesta ST - Thor
    '97 Mazda 1300 rustler - Joe
    '81 1100 2door VW golfie - Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by souti View Post
    As others have said, it's US only, atleast the previous GX was, and I highly doubt Toyota/Lexus are going to bring it to the 3rd world.

Also landed in SA its probably going to 1.6-1.8 mil, for that money, people will rather buy the 300 series. USA don't have the 300. Hence, the GX Lexus has a target market.
    See my post #406 above

Formal launch by Toyota SA must be close. Going to be interesting to see what SA car reviewers have to say. Ciro De Siena of Cars.co.za was very harsh in his review of the previous generation but unfairly compared to the Defender.

https://youtu.be/SICGZDfVP-Y?feature=shared

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Keith M For This Useful Post:

Regarding the flimsy comment. We just stripped a 250 to get the rear seats out for a boot platform and drawer system. There is nothing flimsy about the build quality. Even the plastic clips fastens itself again if you don't pull it out 100%.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250 Boot.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	230.6 KB 
ID:	725369  

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LandyLove For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by souti View Post
    This statement will not age well.

The new Prado-based Lexus GX using the same petrol motor as the LC300 (limited to 260kw as opposed to 305kw but with same 650nm) has been launched in Aus for the first time which means the GX is now available in right-hand drive and ready for the SA market. Given the significant overlap in SA vs Aus markets from a Toyota portfolio, I will lay my meat on a block that the new petrol only GX is coming to local shores soon,

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuQ For This Useful Post:

If they can slot it in between a 300 and the VXR I'm very sure there will be a demand but I expect it will cost the same as a 300.

If they can slot it in between a 300 and the VXR I'm very sure there will be a demand but I expect it will cost the same as a 300.
    Rough numbers but if you apply a similar premium to the GX over the Prado that Lexus apply to the LX over the 300, you land at about R1.8m at today's prices.

Quote Originally Posted by QuQ View Post
    Rough numbers but if you apply a similar premium to the GX over the Prado that Lexus apply to the LX over the 300, you land at about R1.8m at today's prices.
    Lexus Umhlanga were talking more in the region of R2m

Bruce, I share your sentiments on Toyota dealerships/sales people. My experience in "trying" to part ways with 1.5m ZAR has been enlightening to say the least. From sales people literally having zero clue about specs and features across the range. Basics like interior colour options - clueless. The one guy told me a TX has the fridge and sunroof 🤣Being laughed at when asking for a test drive - this was the best for me. Trying to buy a 1.5m ZAR vehicle and you can't drive it before or even chose your colour or interior preference. Sales people clueless about stock allocation and timelines and zero commitment to ever get back to you. Its been really really bad. If this was any other company/brand they would be out of business by now. I really hope Toyota turn these service levels around as the arrogance and market dominance based on loyalty and product will only take you so far with strong competition coming into the market.

That said, I managed to go for a test drive today (TX) is all they had to drive. Drive was great - very comfortable and felt it gets up nicely given the engine - plenty power as the gearbox seems far more responsive and well tuned. At speed on the highway the driving aids/tech are great and make for a very comfortable cruiser. Steering super light and easy. Only complaint was a bit of wind noise from the large wing mirrors but not a deal breaker. I am on the taller side and couldnt put the sterring wheel too high so it sits a bit lower than in the 150. Apart from that it was super nice to drive - the visibility out of the windscreen and front windows is very good - they did a great job. The seating position is great and everyhting is easily accessible. Only issue on TX is no volume rotary knob - no idea why toyota do this - the touch sensitive buttons are so clumsy. Also, they have omitted a sunglass holder - again no idea why they leave basics like this out.

But overall very impressive machine and it has really strong road/in person presence - far better looking in the flesh and it is a large vehicle (only 7cm shorter than 300, same width and a little shorter) but when you see it in person it has a strong presence and its no wonder the demand is so high. Its well priced for what you get compared to competitors like the discovery.

I also think it will cannibalise 300 sales (my view). The entry level GX-R 300 is R1 450 000. This vehicle does not even have an auto dimming rear view mirror and has no reverse camera and cloth seats. No radar cruise control or active safety features. Very basic spec - you pay for engine, gearbox and chassis basically. IMHO the VX-R which is similar price to entry level 300 is a far superior vehicle. The power delivery in the new prado is very impressive and you never feel out of gear or out of power. With better fuel economy and way more specs/features its a no brainer for me. Also, the top spec 300 is R2m but in my opinion its not R5/600k more car - the compromises are very small for the amount you save so think the 250 will start to hurt 300 sales given pricing and positioning.
    Last edited by neilmcw; 2024/06/25 at 02:47 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neilmcw For This Useful Post:

If they could do the R1.8M as QuQ said maybe but at the same price as a 300 ZX with the same engine will be a tough sell.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcw View Post
    Also, they have omitted a sunglass holder - again no idea why they leave basics like this out.
    I love how we are all different, I have never used a sunglass holder in any of my vehicles and thought it was always pointless
    Mike

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AfricainHD For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast