Thread: Thuli Block

Default Thuli Block

Good day to all the experts

Firstly apologies if this is in the wring section, I will repost of need be.

We are considering an excursion to Botswana and Thuli seem to be a quick and close wild experience. Can anyone that has been please confirm this? We are open to other options as well as we have not yet crossed the bots border.

Can anyone please provide some guidance as to bookings, contact numbers, to do's, not to-do's etc.
    We prefer safe wild camping and we have a capable and equipped overland vehicle

Default Re: Thuli Block

I have always been told that there is very little camping available in Tuli?
    Mostly more upmarket lodges.
    Beat-up rat rod of a '96 Nissan Patrol that bears the evidence of many wonderful adventures (and a few stupid indiscretions).

My understanding is that Tuli block I'd almost unique in Botswana and almost all land is privately owned. This would exclude you from wild camping in this area. However some decent campsites are available there.

The above. There is no self driving in the Thuli block and I think wild camping would be very frowned upon by the land owners. Last time I was there they were very security conscious.
    Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

GOF Club

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

In 2019 we camped two nights at what I think is called Malema's (!) Camp. It was lovely under the massive trees, quite rustic but not a problem. There was very little wildlife as I think ALL the grazing had been flattened by livestock. Even taking a guided walk yielded very little. What about Mapungubwe on our side of the border - there are camping options and can self drive.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wilfwalk For This Useful Post:

Good morning
    I April 2019 we spent 2 nights at Malema's (!) Camp which i think is situated on the outside of the southern edge of Tuli, on the banks of the Limpopo river. The camp site was lovely, under massive trees, facilities were rustic but okay. Very little game as the grazing had been flattened by I think livestock. Even a walk with their guide yielded very little.
    Inside Tuli, its a completely different scene, but I don't if camping is offered. Google Tuli and see what it yields
    Last edited by wilfwalk; 2023/11/23 at 10:59 AM.

I don't think people read the OP's post or understood it.