Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 228
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 1793

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Nomad View Post
    Checking Energy Charges by Utility against Lux App Data

    First a big shout out to SpiceyDave for all the assistance with inverter set up. Thanks Heinrich. Unfortunately the installer may have been brilliant in installation execution, but falls well short on technical savvy.
    I really thought COJ was ripping me off when doing a comparison, until I realized I had 2 inverters
    I wondered if others have done this comparison?
    Month COJ Billing Lux Data for Energy From Grid

    Sept 47 44
    Aug 110 100
    July 243 246
    Total 400 390
    I am still in a struggle to convert to pre- paid to reduce Network and Admin charges.
    Lekka Uncle Frank
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    57
    Posts
    187
    Thanked: 85

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Nomad View Post
    Checking Energy Charges by Utility against Lux App Data

    First a big shout out to SpiceyDave for all the assistance with inverter set up. Thanks Heinrich. Unfortunately the installer may have been brilliant in installation execution, but falls well short on technical savvy.
    I really thought COJ was ripping me off when doing a comparison, until I realized I had 2 inverters
    I wondered if others have done this comparison?
    Month COJ Billing Lux Data for Energy From Grid

    Sept 47 44
    Aug 110 100
    July 243 246
    Total 400 390
    I am still in a struggle to convert to pre- paid to reduce Network and Admin charges.
    Some serious fine tuning happening the last 3 months - well done.
    Interesting comparison, wonder which is more accurate.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pieter C For This Useful Post:


  4. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fourways
    Age
    72
    Posts
    37
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by Pieter C View Post
    Some serious fine tuning happening the last 3 months - well done.
    Interesting comparison, wonder which is more accurate.
    The comparison may not be strictly accurate, as LUX stick strictly to the month dates whereas COJ, for some reason shift around billing between 29 and 32 days each month. I guess if I keep comparing over several months the total should be a good comparison (or read my meter on the last day of the month). I hope to get COJ consumption down further, but not October as I lost an inverter for a week. Lux repaired under warranty.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grey Nomad For This Useful Post:


  6. #84
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanked: 3962

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Luxpower guys....

    What is the difference between EPS Standby and Consumption when you view the app?

    Example to maybe explain a little better. My system is set to take no power from Eksdom. (that only ever gets changed with bad weather)

    With the hybrid "take load together" setting disabled, the app shows to be supplying power to EPS standby. With the setting enabled it shows that it is supplying power to Consumption.

    What is the difference here? I have not tested this is some time but from what I can remember. Even with the inverter set to take no power from grid and the hybrid setting is enabled, then you would still hear the "click" on the inverter when grid goes off (loadshedding). With the hybrid setting disabled and the app showing power being supplied to EPS Standby, there is no click.
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2
    (One legit and one platkar masquerading as a GV)

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 1793

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Luxpower guys....

    What is the difference between EPS Standby and Consumption when you view the app?

    Example to maybe explain a little better. My system is set to take no power from Eksdom. (that only ever gets changed with bad weather)

    With the hybrid "take load together" setting disabled, the app shows to be supplying power to EPS standby. With the setting enabled it shows that it is supplying power to Consumption.

    What is the difference here? I have not tested this is some time but from what I can remember. Even with the inverter set to take no power from grid and the hybrid setting is enabled, then you would still hear the "click" on the inverter when grid goes off (loadshedding). With the hybrid setting disabled and the app showing power being supplied to EPS Standby, there is no click.
    This as You said

    You disable the AC Relay and running on EPS only ..

    And therefor You get EPS Overload when you get a spike as Eskom cannot help ...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

  8. #86
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanked: 3962

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by spicydave View Post
    This as You said

    You disable the AC Relay and running on EPS only ..

    And therefor You get EPS Overload when you get a spike as Eskom cannot help ...
    Should have just directed the question to you directly.

    Dave a few things that does not compute to me....

    With it running off EPS (no hybrid function enabled) then there is no click... Also no overload. The click is when the hybrid function is enabled even though set to not take anything from Grid.

    Am I understanding wrong? Should it be that due to the hybrid function being enabled it is "standing at the ready" to take Grid at any time so when Grid is not available the inverter sees that and switches over to EPS? (And that is the click?)
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2
    (One legit and one platkar masquerading as a GV)

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 1793

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Should have just directed the question to you directly.

    Dave a few things that does not compute to me....

    With it running off EPS (no hybrid function enabled) then there is no click... Also no overload. The click is when the hybrid function is enabled even though set to not take anything from Grid.

    Am I understanding wrong? Should it be that due to the hybrid function being enabled it is "standing at the ready" to take Grid at any time so when Grid is not available the inverter sees that and switches over to EPS? (And that is the click?)
    Do You run PV and AC Disabled ?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

  10. #88
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanked: 3962

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by spicydave View Post
    Do You run PV and AC Disabled ?

    Sorry maybe I am not explaining this correctly. It is exactly when that setting is disabled and enabled that there is a difference in what is being shown on the App and a difference whether there is a "click" or not.

    Please accept that AC First and Charge is set to zeros for both scenarios, therefore no draw from Eskom in any of the scenarios.

    So with PV and AC (what I call hybrid function) disabled the App shows power given to EPS. When eskom goes out during these settings there is no click.

    With the PV and AC enabled it shows power being given to "Consumption". If Eskom goes out there is a click. (again accept no draw from eskom at the time)
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2
    (One legit and one platkar masquerading as a GV)

  11. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 1793

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Yes, Disabled
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Offgrid.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	703606  
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

  12. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 1793

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Enabled
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ongrid.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	703607  
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

  13. #91
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanked: 3962

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by spicydave View Post
    Enabled

    100% that is half of what I am talking about. Should have done the screenshots from the get go.
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2
    (One legit and one platkar masquerading as a GV)

  14. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 1793

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    When running on EPS Mode (Disabled) Eskom will not be used when it's needed if set within time-frame , but the battery will be discharged ....

    When on-Grid mode (Enabled), Eskom will assist when PV is not enough if a certain timeframe is set ...

    But Ya, if Enabled Eskom is like on "Hot-Standby"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spicydave For This Useful Post:


  16. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Fourways
    Age
    72
    Posts
    37
    Thanked: 15

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by spicydave View Post
    When running on EPS Mode (Disabled) Eskom will not be used when it's needed if set within time-frame , but the battery will be discharged ....

    When on-Grid mode (Enabled), Eskom will assist when PV is not enough if a certain timeframe is set ...

    But Ya, if Enabled Eskom is like on "Hot-Standby"
    My system is set to enabled (thanks to spicydave) and I notice that occasionally I see a small bleed from Escom power even when battery SOC seems adequate, just a few Watts (10s not 100s of Watts). Happy with this as it seems to keep the system stable.
    Also note than generally in load shedding times, Escom never seems to go off (as read from Escom input Voltage) in our area (Fourways). Only at maybe Stage 6 or so. Is this the common feature now or is it area dependent?
    Last edited by Grey Nomad; 2023/11/04 at 10:55 AM.

  17. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vereeniging
    Age
    43
    Posts
    61
    Thanked: 21

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Hi

    Quick question.

    Im planning on doing the following setup.

    Luxpower 5KW inverter
    2 x Svolt 51.2v batteries
    10 x 55W ArtSolar panels

    Will this combination work together?
    Communication between inverter and batteries?

    Thanks

  18. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 1793

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by R1Biker View Post
    Hi

    Quick question.

    Im planning on doing the following setup.

    Luxpower 5KW inverter
    2 x Svolt 51.2v batteries
    10 x 55W ArtSolar panels

    Will this combination work together?
    Communication between inverter and batteries?

    Thanks
    Just my 2-cent

    Although SVolt do communicate it is not an approve Luxpower battery

    Save the hassles and buy Hina-Ess a this is Luxpower own brand and you also increase your warranty

    What is the specs of the panels as 10x550W You will be over the specs of the inverter
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

  19. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vereeniging
    Age
    43
    Posts
    61
    Thanked: 21

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by spicydave View Post
    Just my 2-cent

    Although SVolt do communicate it is not an approve Luxpower battery

    Save the hassles and buy Hina-Ess a this is Luxpower own brand and you also increase your warranty

    What is the specs of the panels as 10x550W You will be over the specs of the inverter
    Hi

    5 Panels on each string? 2750w. Cant it take 3200W?
    Its ArtSolar panels.

  20. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 1793

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by R1Biker View Post
    Hi

    5 Panels on each string? 2750w. Cant it take 3200W?
    Its ArtSolar panels.
    It's not just about the Wattage, need to verify the VOC and ISC of those 550s

    My opinion is that 8x max 550W in one string then You will need to bridge the MPPT's
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

  21. #98
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanked: 3962

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by spicydave View Post
    Save the hassles and buy Hina-Ess a this is Luxpower own brand and you also increase your warranty

    Hi Spicey, do you have more info on this? Cannot find much on the intranets.

    Looking to get a system for work and this looks very cost effective.
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2
    (One legit and one platkar masquerading as a GV)

  22. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    761
    Thanked: 1793

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Hi Spicey, do you have more info on this? Cannot find much on the intranets.

    Looking to get a system for work and this looks very cost effective.
    Here goes ...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to spicydave For This Useful Post:

    New

  24. #100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanked: 3962

    Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

    Quote Originally Posted by spicydave View Post
    Here goes ...

    Thanks! Would that be applicable to the SNA model as well and not just LXP?
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2
    (One legit and one platkar masquerading as a GV)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •