Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Default Re: Let's talk Luxpower

Quote Originally Posted by spicydave View Post
    Another thing, if one don't have good relationship with your installer, or installed yourself using the generic INFO1 code,

You don't have access to all the settings ....

Speak to me
    I can attest to this
    Life's a journey..................even longer by foot

Quote Originally Posted by DrifX View Post
    I say, it is beyond frustrating. As I type this message, the batteries have started cycling down from 100%. Due to nobody being home, and the current draw of the house sitting at 200w, by the time the sun sets it will in all likely hood be at 91%. In essence losing 9% when the evening starts.

I have read on Powerforum that the BMS can be updated via a app that links directly to the batteries, but I have had no success in activating said app.

Trial and Error. While installing some more panels last week my Installer helped me to get the app up and running. It works weird. You enter your wifi settings. Then something is pressed on the battery and it is restarted. (We had to power down the while system and disconnect the batteries from the inverter and from LAN cables. Between them as well) Then you connect phone to battery wifi. (The whole process is one battery at a time) Then scan of barcode. It should then work, but we had to repeat this process many times (easily 20 times) until it worked... Each time restarting the Battery, waiting for the click...

On the cycling... Yes I do not understand why it has to be a whole 10%. Surely something like 2% is much more feasible and still have protection for overcharging or whatever the advantage is CFE claims for this cycling. Again, in my situation the batteries are going to start discharging at sundown anyway so it is not like they are going to stay on 100% for days or extensive even hours on end...

Now if you and Spicy can help a brother out with registering an installer account on the Lux....
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2
    (One legit and one platkar masquerading as a GV)

So just an update after SpicyDave assisted me with the settings on my inverters.

The last couple of days I specifically focused on the percentage SOC available when going to bed, and what is available in the mornings when I wake up. The SOC is at 60% around 22:30, and 33% at 05:30. The inverters are set that they will only start charging from the grid at 25% SOC, to enable the system to use the PV's to start charging in the morning before utilising grid power, and apart from yesterdays cloudy start to the morning, thus far it has worked.

Note that in the above scenario the oven was not used the previous evening, and my geyser is on grid power only. Depending on the extent of use of the oven, it would start utilising grid a bit earlier, but for the past couple of days, my grid utilisation has peaked at 3kwh per day.

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post

Now if you and Spicy can help a brother out with registering an installer account on the Lux....
    I am sure he would help you. I made the mistake of using the INF01 as installer code to get going, and could not do much with regards to settings. He was generous enough to load my house on his profile and make all the necessary settings, which I am eternally grateful for.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrifX For This Useful Post:

LXP5 handy reference guide ...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hou op om almal altyd gelukkig te probeer hou, Jy is nie n braaibroodjie nie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spicydave For This Useful Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1685630641892.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	689893

Good news for any Luxpower SNA users or potential users.

Quote Originally Posted by boreddesigns View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1685630641892.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	689893

Good news for any Luxpower SNA users or potential users.
    Just hang on a bit, let the authorities just have the comb once over before happiness ....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question. I have two strings. One of 2180w facing North-ish and one of 1665w facing east.

I am getting this inclination that due to the imbalance in the strings the north facing panels are no longer performing as they have before I got the east facing panels/string. Example. I once even got over 2180w from the north facing panels and often very close to the max with good sun. Since adding the second string, I have never really come close to that (looking at the production of the north string on it's own).

Is this an inverter balance thing between the two MPPT's?
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2

Give some time and check from around mid August

What is your PV Settings ?

Give some time and check from around mid August

What is your PV Settings ?

Sorry Dave, what is PV Settings?
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    Sorry Dave, what is PV Settings?
    Is it set to use 2x strings ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strings.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	693266  
    Last edited by spicydave; 2023/07/12 at 08:58 AM.

Yes. It does use both. Clear to see that especially from the online monitoring server. Getting over 3kw at times so the strings are obviously working together.

With the online monitoring one can see what each string is producing. From there I saw that the North string has been producing "less" peak power than what it used to.
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2

I do not have access to those settings.
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2

I have a stupid question, which I haven't gotten a definitive answer to yet.

I was looking at starting out with a small backup system which I could expand as I go a long, and the 5KW Luxpower SNA looked perfect. As our avg use is far less than 5kW and I figured I could manage the load during loadshedding as powerhungry items like the poolpump, koi pump, borehole etc is connected to Sonoff switches which can be switched of automatically.

I figured when splitting the db, I can pretty much connect the whole house(excluding geyser, oven) and just manage the load during loadshedding, but my assumption was that when connected to the grid, the inverter has a 'pass through', so the inverter won't trip when the peak exceeds 5kW. If this isn't the case, my plan won't work, as my possible peek is far greater than 5kW...

Thus my basic question, does the Luxpower SNA(or any inverter for that matter) use a 'pass through' when grid power is available, or am I bound to the max rated output, regardless when on grid or battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagariouz View Post
    I have a stupid question, which I haven't gotten a definitive answer to yet.

I was looking at starting out with a small backup system which I could expand as I go a long, and the 5KW Luxpower SNA looked perfect. As our avg use is far less than 5kW and I figured I could manage the load during loadshedding as powerhungry items like the poolpump, koi pump, borehole etc is connected to Sonoff switches which can be switched of automatically.

I figured when splitting the db, I can pretty much connect the whole house(excluding geyser, oven) and just manage the load during loadshedding, but my assumption was that when connected to the grid, the inverter has a 'pass through', so the inverter won't trip when the peak exceeds 5kW. If this isn't the case, my plan won't work, as my possible peek is far greater than 5kW...

Thus my basic question, does the Luxpower SNA(or any inverter for that matter) use a 'pass through' when grid power is available, or am I bound to the max rated output, regardless when on grid or battery.

Good question. Not sure.

But want I want to comment:

Most of us have to manage the draw from the inverter one way or another. Whether you have a 12kw system, a 5 or a 3kw system.

Also and more importantly, lets say it does "pass through" and you exceed the rated power, I would be scared of when the power actually does go out while the draw exceeds the rated power. As it will then have to switch over to backup with that kind of draw. I can only imagine a trip if not actual damage.
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2

I will shortly have a Luxpower LXP5k for sale as I'm upgrading to 8.8Kw. Anyone interested pm me and we can chat.
    2022 Defender D300HSE
    2022 Isuzu Mux 4x2 LSE
    2019 FJ Cruiser
    BL Kewer 3188
    Fusion 17

I have a Luxpower ECO hybrid SNA 5000 WPV inverter and 5 kVa Dye Battery and 4 x 500watt panels, whole house,stove ,plugs is on this except geyser very happy so far , will add another 4 panels as i want to add geyser with 1or 2 kW element.
    By the way on the app for the cellphone at the "set" button there is "take load together" as per your settings on page 1, there is even an "export to grid" setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reccepops View Post
    I have a Luxpower ECO hybrid SNA 5000 WPV inverter and 5 kVa Dye Battery and 4 x 500watt panels, whole house,stove ,plugs is on this except geyser very happy so far , will add another 4 panels as i want to add geyser with 1or 2 kW element.
    By the way on the app for the cellphone at the "set" button there is "take load together" as per your settings on page 1, there is even an "export to grid" setting.

I also started out like that. You might find yourself investing into another battery and some more panels in the future.... then the "take load together" does not get used much anymore, using the SNA as offgrid most of the time. It is still helpful on those cloudy days though to try and get most out of the PV while either using AC First or Charge....

Got serious warning to stay away from the export to grid setting.
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara x 2

21. The Following User Says Thank You to New For This Useful Post:

Default Luxpower

How can i setup the data on my PC for the Luxpower
    Last edited by Reccepops; 2023/08/04 at 03:21 PM.

What data ??

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast