Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 874

Thread: Custom Tuning

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Golf 1.4tsi
    Stage 2 with pops and bangs.
    What great fun these are with a tuneClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20230904_105001.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	698348

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    47
    Posts
    509
    Thanked: 1032

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Golf 1.4tsi
    Stage 2 with pops and bangs
    When we were young we would go to a mechanic with R3000 and ask him to stop our cars from backfiring, nowadays the youngsters go to a tuner with R3000 and ask him to make their cars backfire...

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dewald Posthumus For This Useful Post:


  4. #363
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    When we were young we would go to a mechanic with R3000 and ask him to stop our cars from backfiring, nowadays the youngsters go to a tuner with R3000 and ask him to make their cars backfire...
    Exactly.

  5. #364
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,445
    Thanked: 9873

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    When we were young we would go to a mechanic with R3000 and ask him to stop our cars from backfiring, nowadays the youngsters go to a tuner with R3000 and ask him to make their cars backfire...
    In sport plus mode the x3 will pop and crackle especially if you get the throlle, rpm & gearing just right. The 5 year old in me loves it (as does swambo mini), swambo just rolls her eyes.

    With modern ecu's you can have the best of both, granny mobile as quiet as can be in eco mode and boy racer in sports mode a few moments later.
    Anton Muller

    Nothing upsets me more than vegetarians having pudding
    2024 X5 M60i
    2020 X3 M40i
    Birkin SR20VET race car

  6. #365
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    CAT delete hardware and software and tire size on the ecu fixed.
    Small changes make huge differences... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230904_124103.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	698379

  7. #366
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quick dyno on this monster.
    Power starts great from the word go.
    And I am very happy with the result.
    And not a smidgeon of smoke anywhere in the revs.
    Good safe power on the std turbo. Viper freeflow and EGR blanked with a Catch can...
    https://youtu.be/UkS4BaVJzDY?si=8qM3CYQEIgLh-nqWClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20230905_091339.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	698439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230905_091247.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	698440

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:


  9. #367
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wartburg.
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,213
    Thanked: 2134

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    So yesterday afternoon Chris asked what we can do to SWAMBO's car. Now if you've spend some time with these two, you will realize that she is the maniac behind the wheel and he drives miss Dasy around.
    The Rav 4 2.2 D4-d took us some time, as it had a software version that we have not yet come across, so challenge accepted!

    Did a nice Stage 1 a little more fuel economy oriantated, but let's face it, you still want to see the smile on the driver's face.

    The power delivert is smooth, but sooo much fun. And the oh wow yes there is definitely something there smile puts a big smile on my face every time!

    Thanx for your hospitality this week and awesome working/relax a little week Chris! Attachment 698150
    Plesier Andre, was lekker om jou weer te sien.

    En oor die RAV, sy smile nou nog.....
    Die kinders het klaar gepraat van hoe vinnig sy nou ry ek dink nie eers die Cruiser se cluster gaan tot by daai spoed wat ek uit die kinders se monde hoor nie....

    Toyota Land Cruiser 79 DC V8
    Toyota Land Cruiser 79 SC V8
    Toyota RAV-4 2.2 D4D
    ZS5CL

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris8d For This Useful Post:


  11. #368
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris8d View Post
    Plesier Andre, was lekker om jou weer te sien.

    En oor die RAV, sy smile nou nog.....
    Die kinders het klaar gepraat van hoe vinnig sy nou ry ek dink nie eers die Cruiser se cluster gaan tot by daai spoed wat ek uit die kinders se monde hoor nie....
    Ek het vergeet dat sy disclaimer teken vir die spoed boetes.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:


  13. #369
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,151
    Thanked: 2407

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Bosvarks' V8 cruiser got some tlc.
    Was smoking badly. So loaded a different map to check some figures.
    Smoke was still present, be it slightly better.
    So the map was not the only culprit.
    Proceeded to clean the upper intake and blanked the EGR. Some moisture in the system that I am not 100% happy with, a Catch can is definitely on the cards for the near future.

    Full De Graaf system straight through means this boy is load. 🤣

    Loaded a good stage 2 that is happy to keep the power throughout the revs and gears!
    First start saw a ball of black soot coming out like there's no tomorrow.

    Bosvark advised that on the way home the smoking cleared is almost gone!
    Really looking forward to longterm feedback!
    So, I havenít given any feedback because I havenít had an opportunity yet to drive the Cruiser after Benson did his magic. I suffered a medical emergency on the day and ended up in icu for a few days, Iím home now, but still recovering and not allowed to drive.

    I do want to thank Benson for not doing a ďrush jobĒ like the 5 minute remap done by another tuner. Benson actually set the whole day aside to spend on my Cruiser if necessary. He tried different maps, identified different problems and sorted it all out, explaining all along what heís doing.

    I also want to thank Chris 8die who kindly allowed us to use his workshop and also helping Benson on the Cruiser.

    Feedback from my nephew who works with me an drove the Cruiser is that thereís hardly any smoke and it pulls extremely well.

    Once I have recovered and start driving it myself I will give feedback after 2 or 3000 km.
    Thank you Benson for top service.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bosvark Kzn For This Useful Post:


  15. #370
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosvark Kzn View Post
    So, I havenít given any feedback because I havenít had an opportunity yet to drive the Cruiser after Benson did his magic. I suffered a medical emergency on the day and ended up in icu for a few days, Iím home now, but still recovering and not allowed to drive.

    I do want to thank Benson for not doing a ďrush jobĒ like the 5 minute remap done by another tuner. Benson actually set the whole day aside to spend on my Cruiser if necessary. He tried different maps, identified different problems and sorted it all out, explaining all along what heís doing.

    I also want to thank Chris 8die who kindly allowed us to use his workshop and also helping Benson on the Cruiser.

    Feedback from my nephew who works with me an drove the Cruiser is that thereís hardly any smoke and it pulls extremely well.

    Once I have recovered and start driving it myself I will give feedback after 2 or 3000 km.
    Thank you Benson for top service.
    Super glad you're okay. You really did not need to end up in ICU after my invoice.... It wasn't that bad.
    Super glad you are up and about.. Albeit under rest, listen to the quack!! They do have your best interest at heart...

    Regarding the cruiser. Just pushing numbers is not always the best thing..

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:


  17. #371
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oppi plaas
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,151
    Thanked: 2407

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Super glad you're okay. You really did not need to end up in ICU after my invoice.... It wasn't that bad.
    Super glad you are up and about.. Albeit under rest, listen to the quack!! They do have your best interest at heart...

    Regarding the cruiser. Just pushing numbers is not always the best thing..
    Thanks, and I also had a full diagnostics and remap, so should fine for a while.
    And no it wasnít the invoice, very fair price you charged.
    Last edited by Bosvark Kzn; 2023/09/05 at 05:23 PM.

  18. #372
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosvark Kzn View Post
    Thanks, and I also had a full diagnostics and remap, so should fine for a while.
    And no it wasnít the invoice, very fair price you charged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Because.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	969.1 KB 
ID:	698523  
    Last edited by Benson; 2023/09/06 at 07:55 AM.

  19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:


  20. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Centurion / Lagos Nigeria
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,181
    Thanked: 531

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Quick dyno on this monster.
    Power starts great from the word go.
    And I am very happy with the result.
    And not a smidgeon of smoke anywhere in the revs.
    Good safe power on the std turbo. Viper freeflow and EGR blanked with a Catch can...
    https://youtu.be/UkS4BaVJzDY?si=8qM3CYQEIgLh-nqWClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20230905_091339.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	698439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230905_091247.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	698440
    I would have sacrificed a few Nm's to not have that blip at 1800rpm and a slightly flatter torque curve between 1500 - 3000rpm

    But if I take into consideration the torque curve between 1900 - 2400rpm, that should typically be what you would use in the day-to-day and even cruising

    Still very impressive power figures though
    Last edited by 280iNyati; 2023/09/06 at 09:12 AM.
    Frik Eloff
    Isuzu 300tdi D-teq, reg vir die bos....
    Toyota Tuna 2.7 4x4 .... grudge necessity "not my choice"

  21. #374
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by 280iNyati View Post
    I would have sacrificed a few Nm's to not have that blip at 1800rpm and a slightly flatter torque curve between 1500 - 3000rpm

    But if I take into consideration the torque curve between 1900 - 2400rpm, that should typically be what you would use in the day-to-day and even cruising

    Still very impressive power figures though
    That blob is me cutting the turbo.
    Fixed it after this.
    You actually don't feel it on the road.
    Also this was a 5th gear run, with the 5 th gear conversion. Completely different to std ratio 5th.

    This also is a smoke free tune. We can do more, but then you have smoke.
    Last edited by Benson; 2023/09/07 at 08:59 AM.

  22. #375
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    448
    Thanked: 301

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Refered my FIL to the Silverton branch with a gearbox issue on his Audi A4. Mike ran some diagnostics and pointed out a few things, but had to rush off to another appointment.

    FIL will go back next week. Was helped and treated well.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to LdLL For This Useful Post:


  24. #376
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    We had a referral from one of our partners about a gentleman with an old Pajero 3.2 Di-d, car was chipped and smoking badly, and really had no real power.
    This was a problem as they are towing a nice big caravan.
    Met with him drove it, bypassed the chip, drive it, he actually mentioned that that felt better than with the chip.

    So some minor attention to sensors and filters.

    Chips out. And a nice Stage 1+ remap to go with it.

    For a 2004 Pajero this 4 door is happily cruising the hills now. No need to gear back and seeing a ball of smoke behind you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230907_111633.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	698643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230907_111025.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	420.6 KB 
ID:	698644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230907_105805.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	383.4 KB 
ID:	698645  
    Last edited by Benson; 2023/09/07 at 01:22 PM.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:


  26. #377
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Vito 115 cdi 6spd manual.
    Really well looked after bus.
    Did a stage 1 eco tune on it, but the difference in torque is so noticeable, I'm sure he's going to have some fun with it first.
    Figures are now 134kW and 400, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230911_092527.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	699037

  27. #378
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    47
    Posts
    509
    Thanked: 1032

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Benson - what can be done to a Prado 150 V6? I use it only for holidays and then always towing - caravan or trailer, depending on destination.

    Do I start with exhaust upgrade and after that a tune?

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dewald Posthumus For This Useful Post:


  29. #379
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    Benson - what can be done to a Prado 150 V6? I use it only for holidays and then always towing - caravan or trailer, depending on destination.

    Do I start with exhaust upgrade and after that a tune?
    Howzit.
    A lot actually.
    The 150 4.0l is rather sluggish.
    We do an awesome Stage 2 on there that gives you an aditional 15kW and a much much more responsive gearbox! Not like it is now that you feel your always in the wrong gear.
    You are welcome to play with the exhaust before or after the tune.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:


  31. #380
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Strand
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,983
    Thanked: 1265

    Default Re: Custom Tuning

    A Stage 2 with CAT and EGR delete for this Isuzu.
    Massive improvement in drivability and responsiveness.
    An absolute joy on the road now!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20230911-WA0060.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	699092

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •