Default Paper Maps for East Africa?

Hoping the old East Africa hands can point me in the right direction for the best paper maps for East Africa and where to source them?
    Specifically for Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya?

Thank you

Default Re: Paper Maps for East Africa?

Although all maps are to some degree out of date, the main things donít change.

We find the best maps for East Africa are the Reise-Know How maps. I donít know where you would buy them in South Africa, but here is the link to the world famous map shop in London, Stanfords. https://www.stanfords.co.uk/reise-kn...e=20&orderby=0

We also have old Nelles maps for Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania which I still use. For Rwanda, we used International Travel Maps www.itmb.com printed in Canada which we bought in Stanfords.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazungu Wawili View Post
    Although all maps are to some degree out of date, the main things donít change.

We find the best maps for East Africa are the Reise-Know How maps. I donít know where you would buy them in South Africa, but here is the link to the world famous map shop in London, Stanfords. https://www.stanfords.co.uk/reise-kn...e=20&orderby=0

We also have old Nelles maps for Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania which I still use. For Rwanda, we used International Travel Maps www.itmb.com printed in Canada which we bought in Stanfords.

I hope this helps.
    Thank you WW, I hoped you would see this!

Yup, Reise and Nelle are the best. In Cape Town, the German book shop, Naumanns, used to sell them but now sadly closed. The National Geographic Africa Adventure Atlas although fairly dated, has excellent, generally accurate overview maps.
    Tony Weaver
    2010 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 3.2l diesel
    Previously
    1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line 3.5l V8; 1968 2.25l Land Rover SII; 1969 2.6l SIIA; 1973 2.25l SIII
    1983 Toyota HiLux 2l 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    Thank you WW, I hoped you would see this!
    Karibu!

We use ITMB maps. They're updated regularly (we send them GPX files after our trips so they are reasonably up to date however it's tough to keep up to date with the extensive road upgrades throughout the region). You can get pdf versions so they're handy on an iPad or other tablet, however if you want actual paper then their range of maps is one of the best, if not the best.
    Last edited by alannymarce; 2022/10/10 at 05:27 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alannymarce For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    Hoping the old East Africa hands can point me in the right direction for the best paper maps for East Africa and where to source them?
    Specifically for Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya?

Thank you
    Hi, Reise know how has it's own online shop. They ship to anywhere in the world for 25 Ä. One of their non rip waterproof paper maps usually cost around 9.95 Ä
    Rgds LL

9. The Following User Says Thank You to La Leona For This Useful Post: