Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Default Re: Which type of inverter should I buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    Just get a 8.8 kW Sunsynk.
    Sunsynk is far ahead of the other inverters, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jerr853 View Post
    Sunsynk is far ahead of the other inverters, in my opinion
    Nope - it is just another kid on the block.

No better or worse than other similar offerings.

Probably a dozen of them.

There is no suck thing as far ahead in this business.

It is called physics.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2022/07/25 at 06:43 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post

It is called physics.
    Jip...the current buzzword or fad...
    Robert van den Berg

'98 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    '02 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

It is called physics.
    It's called physics and R&D.

Sunsynk do make good inverters, build quality & feature wise.
    If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking.

Lithium batteries -> Loadshedbuddy

It is called physics.
    I have to ask, have you ever physically opened any of the inverters that you comment on and inspected. I was born with this terrible need to open everything and inspect, I never had a working toy growing up.

I have peaking at the insides of mutliple Victron models, Axperts, Deye , Sunsyncs, Mecers and Goodwe`s. This absolutely does not make me an expert, or gives any of my comments any validity.

In fact the firs time I opened a Goodwe I was blow away by the quality of the components used and the construction of the unit. I was convinced back then that they are best inverters on the market and worth the premium in price.
    No two years later they are all failing one after the other with dismal support from the local distributor. So quality components and constructions doesn't guarantee a long lasting trouble free product the topology is also super important. Hence why I always recommend and harp back to the tried and tested. Im not saying Sunsynk, Victron, Deye , Axpert, Fredom one or Polyntech is the alpha and Omega, just that they have been released in the wild for long enough with sufficient support that allows me to confidently recommend them . This probably echoes your support for Kodak and Hubble and BlueNova

But I cannot agree with your statement that it is physics. That like saying all the Double Cab Bakkies are all the same when we all know I Hilux will outlive a Ranger
    you make a fool of yourself
    Once again, you either don't understand or you are deliberately misleading the people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiaan Pot For This Useful Post:

No two years later they are all failing one after the other with dismal support from the local distributor. So quality components and constructions doesn't guarantee a long lasting trouble free product the topology is also super important. Hence why I always recommend and harp back to the tried and tested. Im not saying Sunsynk, Victron, Deye , Axpert, Fredom one or Polyntech is the alpha and Omega, just that they have been released in the wild for long enough with sufficient support that allows me to confidently recommend them . This probably echoes your support for Kodak and Hubble and BlueNova.
    I had to help a pal get his Goodsync sorted after him sending it back 3 times toa local supplier. It got fixed the 4th time after he contacted GoodWE international (being my suggestion), who then sent it to GoodWE SA who in turn made the local supplier to sort it.

It is much much more than just "physics".

I've realized, it is so not only support, repairs, replacements, if you sell your Sunsynk, Victron, Deye , Axpert, FreedomOne or Polyntech (any solar equipment), it is also about the warranties following the device, and not just covering the first owner. With all that in place, then in my opinion, you have arrived ito maturity, reliability:
    1) Trusting your products to do that,
    2) effectively creating a 2nd hand market which carries a warranty for 2nd, 3rd etc buyers confidence if device is still within the original warranty period,
    3) which in turn has the effect of created new sales because of the 2nd hand market growing with confidence, the equipment still under warranty.

So much more than "physics".

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by the_terrible_triplett; 2022/08/05 at 10:33 AM.
    Political Correctness
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, rabidly promoted by a unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd ... by the clean end!

Saw this in a pub - no idea why the wife does not see it so:
    I'm not opinionated ... I'm just always right!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to the_terrible_triplett For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cndavel View Post
    Briefly back to the Kodaks.... (post #51).
    Tx
    Answer was provided in post #22 - model specific. Kodak OG, OGX and OG Plus.

I think that someone should make a list of all the criteria for choosing an inverter, to prevent someone from buying one thst causes anger down the line. I bought mine based on that it's a strong one and in the context of the total cost not so bad, but not all of us are trying to solar a R3500pm electricity account. One aspect often forgotten is the PV capacity, and that's just what I've observed..

Alfa Romeo Stelvio - Bellissimo!
    Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8 (sold)
    Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde (sold but still near to me)
    JKU Rubicon Pentastar (sold )
    JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeepiscool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepiscool View Post
    I think that someone should make a list of all the criteria for choosing an inverter, to prevent someone from buying one thst causes anger down the line. I bought mine based on that it's a strong one and in the context of the total cost not so bad, but not all of us are trying to solar a R3500pm electricity account. One aspect often forgotten is the PV capacity, and that's just what I've observed..
    You are spot on. We never use all the PV the panels can generate but taking a top down approach and 1st estimating correctly what the panels can deliver makes it the better starting point. Some can add panels later but without space you can be disappointed with the system.

I have to ask, have you ever physically opened any of the inverters that you comment on and inspected. I was born with this terrible need to open everything and inspect, I never had a working toy growing up.

I have peaking at the insides of mutliple Victron models, Axperts, Deye , Sunsyncs, Mecers and Goodwe`s. This absolutely does not make me an expert, or gives any of my comments any validity.

In fact the firs time I opened a Goodwe I was blow away by the quality of the components used and the construction of the unit. I was convinced back then that they are best inverters on the market and worth the premium in price.
    No two years later they are all failing one after the other with dismal support from the local distributor. So quality components and constructions doesn't guarantee a long lasting trouble free product the topology is also super important. Hence why I always recommend and harp back to the tried and tested. Im not saying Sunsynk, Victron, Deye , Axpert, Fredom one or Polyntech is the alpha and Omega, just that they have been released in the wild for long enough with sufficient support that allows me to confidently recommend them . This probably echoes your support for Kodak and Hubble and BlueNova

But I cannot agree with your statement that it is physics. That like saying all the Double Cab Bakkies are all the same when we all know I Hilux will outlive a Ranger
    Yes I have opened them. I too was blown away by my Goodwe's. And seven years down the line still going strong without a hitch.

The quality of the Axperts is simply stunning - FOR THE PRICEPOINT. Spent decades designing and manufacturing electronic equipment. I have no idea how Axpert make their products for the price.

The moment you see a FAN in the inverter, that's where the cost cutting is taking place. It costs a hep of money and technology to build a fanless semi-sealed IP rated until fit for outdoors.

So the expensive units are the proper ones, SMA, Fronius, Goodwe, etc.....Sadly most Smurf's must live below decks in the bilges of yachts.
    Cheers

3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

Yes I have opened them. I too was blown away by my Goodwe's. And seven years down the line still going strong without a hitch.

The quality of the Axperts is simply stunning - FOR THE PRICEPOINT. Spent decades designing and manufacturing electronic equipment. I have no idea how Axpert make their products for the price.

The moment you see a FAN in the inverter, that's where the cost cutting is taking place. It costs a hep of money and technology to build a fanless semi-sealed IP rated until fit for outdoors.

So the expensive units are the proper ones, SMA, Fronius, Goodwe, etc.....Sadly most Smurf's must live below decks in the bilges of yachts.
    I have worked in a house where there is an Axpert, with sizeable solar panel array and sizeable 2nd life Lithium battery banks. Now subbies just plug in and '#$%^&' ahead...and after remodel was done, the Axpert is happily making power with it's noisy fan.

...on another tangent...
    SMA, Fronius, Goodwe, etc....Sadly most Smurf's must live below decks in the bilges of yachts.
    ...come on Keith be a devil, name the blue unit by name...I dare you...
    Robert van den Berg

'98 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    '02 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I have worked in a house where there is an Axpert, with sizeable solar panel array and sizeable 2nd life Lithium battery banks. Now subbies just plug in and '#$%^&' ahead...and after remodel was done, the Axpert is happily making power with it's noisy fan.

...on another tangent......come on Keith be a devil, name the blue unit by name...I dare you...
    The same one that refers to the grid as "shore" power.
    Cheers

3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    ...on another tangent......come on Keith be a devil, name the blue unit by name...I dare you...
    Sadly most Smurf's must live below decks in the bilges of yachts.
    The same one that refers to the grid as "shore" power.
    Bilges, shore power ... best we are going to get Prof.
    Political Correctness
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, rabidly promoted by a unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd ... by the clean end!

Saw this in a pub - no idea why the wife does not see it so:
    I'm not opinionated ... I'm just always right!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to the_terrible_triplett For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by the_terrible_triplett View Post
    Bilges, shore power ... best we are going to get Prof.

JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

Quote Originally Posted by the_terrible_triplett View Post
    bilges, shore power ... Best we are going to get prof. ;d
    rtfm ;d
    Cheers

3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

Manual vir Fluffy?? Post jou swambo se nommer

JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5