Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default JLR, stop this nonsense!!!

So, I am a huge fan. Love my Discos and have really been around the block with Landies in my life.

But, this is now getting to the point where I really feel that JLR can go .......... themselves and I will distance myself from the brand. That is how strongly I feel about stupid crap that this stupid handful of a-holes do to make what is supposed to be my pride and joy, seem like me being a sellout to the woke nonsense permeating the world we live in.

Staff at the car giant's plant in Solihull must use 'surrogates' instead of 'slave'
    'Master' and 'slave' are common terms when describing parts that work together
    One worker said: 'It's as a result of a few voices making a fuss. No one here supports slavery. We just want to build great cars and go home'

Like it reads, "result of a few voices making a fuss". That's right, a few. But let's not upset the few weaklings by not giving in to this idiocy that they force on everyone. All around us the normal citizens of the world are being forced to bend the knee to the handful of spiteful little sh#ts who deem themselves and their viewpoints as the most important.

I will not realign my knowledge of car parts just so some stupid pom gets his kick out of what he or she deems is doing something against slavery.

We all are slaves in anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    HENK

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Henkus For This Useful Post:

Default Re: JLR, stop this nonsense!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henkus View Post
    So, I am a huge fan. Love my Discos and have really been around the block with Landies in my life.

But, this is now getting to the point where I really feel that JLR can go .......... themselves and I will distance myself from the brand. That is how strongly I feel about stupid crap that this stupid handful of a-holes do to make what is supposed to be my pride and joy, seem like me being a sellout to the woke nonsense permeating the world we live in.

Staff at the car giant's plant in Solihull must use 'surrogates' instead of 'slave'
    One worker said: 'It's as a result of a few voices making a fuss. No one here supports slavery. We just want to build great cars and go home'

Like it reads, "result of a few voices making a fuss". That's right, a few. But let's not upset the few weaklings by not giving in to this idiocy that they force on everyone. All around us the normal citizens of the world are being forced to bend the knee to the handful of spiteful little sh#ts who deem themselves and their viewpoints as the most important.

I will not realign my knowledge of car parts just so some stupid pom gets his kick out of what he or she deems is doing something against slavery.

It's not just Landrover, it's a global movement to change words and phrases. They want "black list", and "blackball", and a bunch of stuff changed. There must be 100's on the list. It's right up there after damned pronouns that announce a gender. I'm glad I'm going to be dead soonish.

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...633-2020-07-03
    Last edited by Gungets Tuft; 2022/07/01 at 08:39 AM.
    'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:

So for Pooh, there are always impressionable young children nearby, like his BFF, Christopher Robin. Because of this, Pooh is pretty chill, and he knows not to let a salty tongue get the better of him. Instead, he merely sighs out an innocent, "Oh, bother," when he finds himself in a sticky situation.

2021 FJ Cruiser, Ranger 3.2, LC 76 V8, Navara 2.5, NP300, Patrol 4.8, Everest 3.0, Jimny 1.3, Defender 110 SW Puma

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:

I am 100% behind this. #whitemonopolycapital must go!
    "Never give up! Even Moses was a basket case."

I guess the use of the words "Male" and "Female" to describe parts and fittings must also be really high up on their bad words list.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Searcher For This Useful Post:

No more Bi-turbo's?

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Redman For This Useful Post:

I feel you. We live in a world of cancel culture, people madness, the woke lot, confused gender issues, history being re-written, war, famine, mass shootings, political correctness, hegemony, financial manipulation, earth warming, religious intolerance, severe corporate greed and so much evil.

Life means so little. So, let JLR have their parts orgasm, it wont last long. Give them cake.
    Last edited by JBX; 2022/07/01 at 11:26 AM.
    Find the solutions, not the problems.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JBX For This Useful Post:

This comes to mind...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-06-26 at 12.56.28 PM.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	660447
    Current: 2022 Toyota Starlet XR

SWAMBO: 2020 Renault Koleos 2.5 Dynamique

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kix For This Useful Post:

Not sure what "distancing myself from the brand" actually entails, but you will have quite a lot of brands to "distance" yourself from. It's the direction the world is going, and I don't think one can run away from it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Twist For This Useful Post:

We are supposed to add our pronouns in our mail signatures at work just in case

Former Game Ranger / Safari Guide
    2017 Jimny aka "Rateltjie"
    Good is the enemy of great!

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
    I guess the use of the words "Male" and "Female" to describe parts and fittings must also be really high up on their bad words list.

Which of those would you rather be stuffed¿

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Not sure what "distancing myself from the brand" actually entails, but you will have quite a lot of brands to "distance" yourself from. It's the direction the world is going, and I don't think one can run away from it.
    Exactly.

"Blacklist will be replaced by Denylist and Whitelist with Allowlist"

Oh my! Let me not say anything more..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to HannoK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HannoK View Post

Some will tell you that is the wrong way round

Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    Some will tell you that is the wrong way round
    Some will yes

I am amazed on what can get under peoples skin frankly who cares. Call it what you like it makes no difference to me.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to River Rat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    He meant that he will no longer be a slave to JLR…
    Regards
    HeinrichC

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    He meant that he will no longer be a slave to JLR…
    We should rather all be slaves to the rhythm…

https://youtu.be/H-a7mLqjP_c
    2006 Jeep GC Diesel - part of the family
    2006 Chrysler 300c Hemi - cause real men drive V8's
    2000 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - to be announced

But actually.. why is the deny list called a blacklist ? And the allow list a whitelist?

Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post

But actually.. why is the deny list called a blacklist ? And the allow list a whitelist?
    Some will yes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast