Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Springboks 2022

Default Re: Springboks 2022

We out-scored the Welsh by 24 points in the second half, discounting their late try, which never should have happened. We lost our focus when they were down to 12 players.
    This tells me the following:
    Elton played really, really bad (substitute "really, really" with your preferred swearword).
    For a rusty team we played very well.
    Willie is a playmaker that deserves selection.
    The starting 15 had their one eye on the victory party even before kick-off.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    We out-scored the Welsh by 24 points in the second half, discounting their late try, which never should have happened. We lost our focus when they were down to 12 players.
    This tells me the following:
    Elton played really, really bad (substitute "really, really" with your preferred swearword).
    For a rusty team we played very well.
    Willie is a playmaker that deserves selection.
    The starting 15 had their one eye on the victory party even before kick-off.
    Elton was uiters swak. So swak, hy moet nooit weer terugkom nie. Ek se al jare, Elton is NIE 'n toets losskakel nie.

Wales het baie goed gespeel, ons baie swak. En ons nogsteeds gewen. Nou wat as ons speel soos ons kan. Daar is min spanne wat ons kan stuit.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePick88 For This Useful Post:

Sitting in Perth watching the game ending at 1.15am was nerve wracking. But ....... the sign of a good team is that they are still able to win, even when they play badly, to this end I felt satisfied. I agree with Karol (first time ever) whilst fans want to win heavily on every occasion, the Bok management have a different strategy, they want to try various options out, I hope the Elton option now disappears forever. Willie made me eat my words.
    Last edited by Tedx2; 2022/07/03 at 12:12 PM.
    John 2021 Prado GXL 2.8 (Australia) & 2017 Land Cruiser 79 D/Cab + Alucab Ossewa "Hagrid" (Africa)
    Badger 4i BL1677 "Kamba 2" (Australia) and Baobab BL1715 "Kamba" (selling in Africa)
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tedx2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Sitting in Perth watching the game ending at 1.15am was nerve wracking. But ....... the sign of a good team is that they are still able to win, even when they play badly, to this end I felt satisfied. I agree with Karol (first time ever) whilst fans want to win heavily on every occasion, the Bok management have a different strategy, they want to try various options out, I hope the Elton option now disappears forever. Willie made me eat my words.
    Based on those first 40minutes, I agree completely. If we needed this match to realise we need another flyhalf behind Pollard it will all be worthwhile.

Surely the flyhalves from the SA URC teams should get some game-time?
    2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatPlant For This Useful Post:

Default Springboks 2022

Not the best game but there were a time when these close games results would have been against us…

I’ll take the win any day of the week

Don’t be to harsh on Jantjies. He probably will want to kick himself after the game. (Luckily he would have missed)
    Last edited by Redman; 2022/07/03 at 12:21 PM.

Willie en Kwagga het die spel heeltemal verander, vat die gaps. Willie het meer rigting gegee vir die span as ons liewe kaptein. Eben was nerens. Jantjies weet net hoe om vliegtuig toilet deure raak te skop.

Faf wil graag losskakel wees. Wiese het die hardste gewerk op die veld. Die man kan n bal vang.

50 000 screaming the anthem was something i missed from pre-covid . . It had me al choked up

We're thin at 10 and 15

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FatPlant View Post
    Based on those first 40minutes, I agree completely. If we needed this match to realise we need another flyhalf behind Pollard it will all be worthwhile.

Surely the flyhalves from the SA URC teams should get some game-time?
    Just wish that Goosen could shake off his injury woes. I'm beginning to wonder if he will ever stay injury free for long enough to show us what he is capable of in the Green & Gold
    John 2021 Prado GXL 2.8 (Australia) & 2017 Land Cruiser 79 D/Cab + Alucab Ossewa "Hagrid" (Africa)
    Badger 4i BL1677 "Kamba 2" (Australia) and Baobab BL1715 "Kamba" (selling in Africa)
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tedx2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    50 000 screaming the anthem was something i missed from pre-covid . . It had me al choked up

We're thin at 10 and 15
    Disagree with your view on 15; DW, Willie, Fassi, Gelant

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Not the best game but there were a time when these close games results would have been against us…

I’ll take the win any day of the week

Don’t be to harsh on Jantjies. He probably will want to kick himself after the game. (Luckily he would have missed)
    Or go bash some airplane toilet doors.

I dunno. His whole melt down on the plane was swept nicely under the rug.

Jantjies does not belong in a springbok jersey.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IcePick88 For This Useful Post:

Disagree with your view on 15; DW, Willie, Fassi, Gelant
    Willemse isn't a FB, he played at 12 the whole year. Fassi is a flash in the pan and Gelant is okay-ish. Willie, well enough has been said about him. People forget how poor he was in the RWC and during last years RC, where Frans Steyn saved the day.
    Last edited by Hennie84; 2022/07/03 at 02:11 PM.

Julle manne moet dalk maar 'n paar kalmeerpille gaan kry vir volgende week se game... Klink of Jantjies nog 'n kans gaan kry:
    https://rugby365.com/countries/south...ends-jantjies/

Quote Originally Posted by FatPlant View Post
    Julle manne moet dalk maar 'n paar kalmeerpille gaan kry vir volgende week se game... Klink of Jantjies nog 'n kans gaan kry:
    https://rugby365.com/countries/south...ends-jantjies/
    Hopefully Supersport know something we don't;
    Pollard set for Springboks recall after Jantjies gamble misfires | SuperSport

Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by 4ePajero View Post
    The first half team and second half team were chalk and cheese.
    One change was all it took. Elton gone, Willie on. I must say I would have changed Faf at the same time, he was very ordinary yesterday.
    Last edited by Gungets Tuft; 2022/07/03 at 05:37 PM.
    'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' Ralph Waldo Emerson

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gungets Tuft View Post
    One change was all it took. Elton gone, Willie on. I must say I would have changed Faf at the same time, he was very ordinary yesterday.
    Kwagga added some urgency as well.
    In life it is very important to know when to stop arguing with people, and just leave them to be wrong.

2003 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-d LWB

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4ePajero For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 4ePajero View Post
    Kwagga added some urgency as well.
    That change at #10 changed the whole dynamic for the loosies. I smaak Kwagga, he had a really good game because his pace puts real pressure on the opposition loosies, but the key was Willie. He's a tactical master, was at #15 at the world cup despite all the critics he got.

Going to be a much better Bok team next time out. Weird that really good players like Fassi and Galant can't get a look in.
    'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' Ralph Waldo Emerson

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    Do we still need a quota captain......

In my opinion we don't currently have a quota captain, we have a captain who when fit, when on form plays very very well. He had a terrible game along with many other guys who also isn't fit, who also isn't on form, he didn't have a great season with the Sharks and he isn't currently on form.

Maybe he just needs a good wake up call, Jacques should drop him from the starting line up for the next game or something, if I recall a while ago when he struggled Rassie did something similar, a good gatskop and he played well again.
    Before you judge a person, first walk a mile in their shoes.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    In my opinion we don't currently have a quota captain, we have a captain who when fit, when on form plays very very well. He had a terrible game along with many other guys who also isn't fit, who also isn't on form, he didn't have a great season with the Sharks and he isn't currently on form.

Maybe he just needs a good wake up call, Jacques should drop him from the starting line up for the next game or something, if I recall a while ago when he struggled Rassie did something similar, a good gatskop and he played well again.
    Ignore Duncan. His opinion of Siya has never had anything to do with form, quality of play.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:

We need just a couple of small changes.
    Reinach need to be on the bench or in the starting 9.
    Pollard need be in starting lineup. Why wasnt he in the team on Sat?
    Duane and Frans presence are critical, especially next year at world cup. I think both of them can still play here. They (specially FS) just need a good conditioning coach,……..and fewer beers🤣🤣

Mapimpi also had a poor game by his standards.
    Our 12/13 combination are the best in the world, but they seem to not fire on Sat,……maybe they didnt get enough ball.
    DW on 10 were miles better than Jantjies, but he also didnt get the most out of our great backline.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast