Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 399

Thread: Springboks 2022

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Barberton
    Age
    64
    Posts
    6,820
    Thanked: 4451

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    We out-scored the Welsh by 24 points in the second half, discounting their late try, which never should have happened. We lost our focus when they were down to 12 players.
    This tells me the following:
    Elton played really, really bad (substitute "really, really" with your preferred swearword).
    For a rusty team we played very well.
    Willie is a playmaker that deserves selection.
    The starting 15 had their one eye on the victory party even before kick-off.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:


  3. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,486
    Thanked: 2907

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    We out-scored the Welsh by 24 points in the second half, discounting their late try, which never should have happened. We lost our focus when they were down to 12 players.
    This tells me the following:
    Elton played really, really bad (substitute "really, really" with your preferred swearword).
    For a rusty team we played very well.
    Willie is a playmaker that deserves selection.
    The starting 15 had their one eye on the victory party even before kick-off.
    Elton was uiters swak. So swak, hy moet nooit weer terugkom nie. Ek se al jare, Elton is NIE 'n toets losskakel nie.

    Wales het baie goed gespeel, ons baie swak. En ons nogsteeds gewen. Nou wat as ons speel soos ons kan. Daar is min spanne wat ons kan stuit.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePick88 For This Useful Post:


  5. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Harare & Brisbane
    Age
    62
    Posts
    923
    Thanked: 1669

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Sitting in Perth watching the game ending at 1.15am was nerve wracking. But ....... the sign of a good team is that they are still able to win, even when they play badly, to this end I felt satisfied. I agree with Karol (first time ever) whilst fans want to win heavily on every occasion, the Bok management have a different strategy, they want to try various options out, I hope the Elton option now disappears forever. Willie made me eat my words.
    Last edited by Tedx2; 2022/07/03 at 12:12 PM.
    John 2021 Prado GXL 2.8 (Australia) & 2017 Land Cruiser 79 D/Cab + Alucab Ossewa "Hagrid" (Africa)
    Badger 4i BL1677 "Kamba 2" (Australia) and Baobab BL1715 "Kamba" (selling in Africa)
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

    Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tedx2 For This Useful Post:


  7. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    777
    Thanked: 1761

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Sitting in Perth watching the game ending at 1.15am was nerve wracking. But ....... the sign of a good team is that they are still able to win, even when they play badly, to this end I felt satisfied. I agree with Karol (first time ever) whilst fans want to win heavily on every occasion, the Bok management have a different strategy, they want to try various options out, I hope the Elton option now disappears forever. Willie made me eat my words.
    Based on those first 40minutes, I agree completely. If we needed this match to realise we need another flyhalf behind Pollard it will all be worthwhile.

    Surely the flyhalves from the SA URC teams should get some game-time?
    2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatPlant For This Useful Post:


  9. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanked: 10475

    Default Springboks 2022

    Not the best game but there were a time when these close games results would have been against us…

    I’ll take the win any day of the week

    Don’t be to harsh on Jantjies. He probably will want to kick himself after the game. (Luckily he would have missed)
    Last edited by Redman; 2022/07/03 at 12:21 PM.

  10. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Potgietersrus
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311
    Thanked: 1818

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Willie en Kwagga het die spel heeltemal verander, vat die gaps. Willie het meer rigting gegee vir die span as ons liewe kaptein. Eben was nerens. Jantjies weet net hoe om vliegtuig toilet deure raak te skop.

    Faf wil graag losskakel wees. Wiese het die hardste gewerk op die veld. Die man kan n bal vang.

  11. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanked: 3490

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    50 000 screaming the anthem was something i missed from pre-covid . . It had me al choked up





    We're thin at 10 and 15

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:


  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Harare & Brisbane
    Age
    62
    Posts
    923
    Thanked: 1669

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by FatPlant View Post
    Based on those first 40minutes, I agree completely. If we needed this match to realise we need another flyhalf behind Pollard it will all be worthwhile.

    Surely the flyhalves from the SA URC teams should get some game-time?
    Just wish that Goosen could shake off his injury woes. I'm beginning to wonder if he will ever stay injury free for long enough to show us what he is capable of in the Green & Gold
    John 2021 Prado GXL 2.8 (Australia) & 2017 Land Cruiser 79 D/Cab + Alucab Ossewa "Hagrid" (Africa)
    Badger 4i BL1677 "Kamba 2" (Australia) and Baobab BL1715 "Kamba" (selling in Africa)
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

    Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tedx2 For This Useful Post:


  15. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Harare & Brisbane
    Age
    62
    Posts
    923
    Thanked: 1669

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    50 000 screaming the anthem was something i missed from pre-covid . . It had me al choked up

    We're thin at 10 and 15
    Disagree with your view on 15; DW, Willie, Fassi, Gelant
    John 2021 Prado GXL 2.8 (Australia) & 2017 Land Cruiser 79 D/Cab + Alucab Ossewa "Hagrid" (Africa)
    Badger 4i BL1677 "Kamba 2" (Australia) and Baobab BL1715 "Kamba" (selling in Africa)
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

    Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

  16. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,486
    Thanked: 2907

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    Not the best game but there were a time when these close games results would have been against us…

    I’ll take the win any day of the week

    Don’t be to harsh on Jantjies. He probably will want to kick himself after the game. (Luckily he would have missed)
    Or go bash some airplane toilet doors.

    I dunno. His whole melt down on the plane was swept nicely under the rug.

    Jantjies does not belong in a springbok jersey.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IcePick88 For This Useful Post:


  18. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Planet of the Apes
    Age
    38
    Posts
    749
    Thanked: 788

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Disagree with your view on 15; DW, Willie, Fassi, Gelant
    Willemse isn't a FB, he played at 12 the whole year. Fassi is a flash in the pan and Gelant is okay-ish. Willie, well enough has been said about him. People forget how poor he was in the RWC and during last years RC, where Frans Steyn saved the day.
    Last edited by Hennie84; 2022/07/03 at 02:11 PM.

  19. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    777
    Thanked: 1761

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Julle manne moet dalk maar 'n paar kalmeerpille gaan kry vir volgende week se game... Klink of Jantjies nog 'n kans gaan kry:
    https://rugby365.com/countries/south...ends-jantjies/
    2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD


  20. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Harare & Brisbane
    Age
    62
    Posts
    923
    Thanked: 1669

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by FatPlant View Post
    Julle manne moet dalk maar 'n paar kalmeerpille gaan kry vir volgende week se game... Klink of Jantjies nog 'n kans gaan kry:
    https://rugby365.com/countries/south...ends-jantjies/
    Hopefully Supersport know something we don't;
    Pollard set for Springboks recall after Jantjies gamble misfires | SuperSport
    John 2021 Prado GXL 2.8 (Australia) & 2017 Land Cruiser 79 D/Cab + Alucab Ossewa "Hagrid" (Africa)
    Badger 4i BL1677 "Kamba 2" (Australia) and Baobab BL1715 "Kamba" (selling in Africa)
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

    Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

  21. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    777
    Thanked: 1761

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Fingers crossed
    2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD


  22. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,022
    Thanked: 4600

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by 4ePajero View Post
    The first half team and second half team were chalk and cheese.
    One change was all it took. Elton gone, Willie on. I must say I would have changed Faf at the same time, he was very ordinary yesterday.
    Last edited by Gungets Tuft; 2022/07/03 at 05:37 PM.
    'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' Ralph Waldo Emerson

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:


  24. #96
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    70
    Posts
    3,490
    Thanked: 5922

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by Gungets Tuft View Post
    One change was all it took. Elton gone, Willie on. I must say I would have changed Faf at the same time, he was very ordinary yesterday.
    Kwagga added some urgency as well.
    In life it is very important to know when to stop arguing with people, and just leave them to be wrong.

    2003 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-d LWB

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4ePajero For This Useful Post:


  26. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,022
    Thanked: 4600

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by 4ePajero View Post
    Kwagga added some urgency as well.
    That change at #10 changed the whole dynamic for the loosies. I smaak Kwagga, he had a really good game because his pace puts real pressure on the opposition loosies, but the key was Willie. He's a tactical master, was at #15 at the world cup despite all the critics he got.

    Going to be a much better Bok team next time out. Weird that really good players like Fassi and Galant can't get a look in.
    'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' Ralph Waldo Emerson

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:


  28. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    4,852
    Thanked: 3977

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    Do we still need a quota captain......

    In my opinion we don't currently have a quota captain, we have a captain who when fit, when on form plays very very well. He had a terrible game along with many other guys who also isn't fit, who also isn't on form, he didn't have a great season with the Sharks and he isn't currently on form.

    Maybe he just needs a good wake up call, Jacques should drop him from the starting line up for the next game or something, if I recall a while ago when he struggled Rassie did something similar, a good gatskop and he played well again.
    Before you judge a person, first walk a mile in their shoes.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:


  30. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,022
    Thanked: 4600

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    In my opinion we don't currently have a quota captain, we have a captain who when fit, when on form plays very very well. He had a terrible game along with many other guys who also isn't fit, who also isn't on form, he didn't have a great season with the Sharks and he isn't currently on form.

    Maybe he just needs a good wake up call, Jacques should drop him from the starting line up for the next game or something, if I recall a while ago when he struggled Rassie did something similar, a good gatskop and he played well again.
    Ignore Duncan. His opinion of Siya has never had anything to do with form, quality of play.
    'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' Ralph Waldo Emerson

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:


  32. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Postmasburg
    Age
    45
    Posts
    790
    Thanked: 868

    Default Re: Springboks 2022

    We need just a couple of small changes.
    Reinach need to be on the bench or in the starting 9.
    Pollard need be in starting lineup. Why wasnt he in the team on Sat?
    Duane and Frans presence are critical, especially next year at world cup. I think both of them can still play here. They (specially FS) just need a good conditioning coach,……..and fewer beers🤣🤣

    Mapimpi also had a poor game by his standards.
    Our 12/13 combination are the best in the world, but they seem to not fire on Sat,……maybe they didnt get enough ball.
    DW on 10 were miles better than Jantjies, but he also didnt get the most out of our great backline.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •