Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default One Nav Radio / Head Unit

Good day,

Need to purchase a new Radio / GPS. Any feedback on the One Nav Unit please. It would seem it has Apple Car Play and Android Car Play plus Tom Tom GPS and off-line maps .

Thank you

Default Re: One Nav Radio / Head Unit

One bit of negative experience. Volume buttons are small + and - on screen buttons on left-hand side. Not easy to press the small area while driving without taking eyes from road.
    Carplay works seamless, sound are good. Nice to have front and rear cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Richarddom View Post
    One bit of negative experience. Volume buttons are small + and - on screen buttons on left-hand side. Not easy to press the small area while driving without taking eyes from road.
    Carplay works seamless, sound are good. Nice to have front and rear cameras
    Luckily most cars have steering wheel control buttons that helps. But yes a big knob on the radio is waaay better. Especially if your passenger doesn't appreciate your music as much as you

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    Luckily most cars have steering wheel control buttons that helps. But yes a big knob on the radio is waaay better. Especially if your passenger doesn't appreciate your music as much as you
    I think the Onenav needs an extra harness/adapter to make the steering controls work, so worth factoring in the extra price of that.
    2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallGTi View Post
    I think the Onenav needs an extra harness/adapter to make the steering controls work, so worth factoring in the extra price of that.
    Thank you for the replies, appreciated.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallGTi View Post
    On the Toyota it's straight plug and play or on the ones pre 2019 at least .

I've done a bit of research, because I'm also keen on a OneNav - and I really cant find an alternative made to fit specific models (Fortuner in my case) that looks half decent. At least not in SA.
    I've been holding back because of the price tag though. R11k+ for apple car play and what not seems a bit steep. So I PRESUME it's a very quality product with good support at that price.
    I like how they say they will do the install for you at that price. and you can hook up cameras and PDC with relative ease it seems.
    I asked my local Toyota themselves if it will void warranty, they said not if I bring it to Toyota to be installed. But I presume they will charge an additional fee for that.

If anybody has a good and cheaper alternative to suggest, thats also great.
    K.a.k Wheeler

Toyota Prado VX 4.0 V6

I had one installed in the Prado. Works seamlessly, steering controls and all. Android auto works wirelessly, online it has waze, offline it has maps, radio and Bluetooth. I have a tpms, reverse cam and dash cam integrated as well. Had an issue related to the install, went to them in Midrand, they sorted it out on the spot. Great service. Seems a good product.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robmorgan For This Useful Post:

Also looking for a replacement radio for 2019 Fortuner (pre face lift).
    Can get the Onenav installed for R10 500 (Pretoria).
    Some installers said there are come backs on the Onenav and recommended the Sony 5550 for about the same price.
    Any views on this?
    Last edited by Barkie; 2022/06/29 at 06:52 AM.

You couldn't pay me to fit that Sony.

It is not as intuitive as the OneNav. If an installer is going to charge you a similar price for the Sony, they are taking the easier and more profitable route to fit a radio in your vehicle.
    Mike

I installed the OneNav and honestly, I am not that impressed. Here is my pros and cons:

PROS

• Sound is definitely better
    • The carplay is working Ok - nice to see the maps although its a lot of money for a GPS

CONS

• Loses connectivity and then reconnects - even if I am on call. This is the most frustrating issue. Some days it is fine – other days it would disconnect and reconnect 5 times while driving the 8km to work
    • Camera software is substandard to Toyota's. Display is darker and does not pick up the difference between sunlight and shade. I take it that the same camera is plugged in and connected to the OneNav system.
    • Display on Radio is very small – also not that easy to set up the radio stations
    • Music that is played via Bluetooth, has a lot of interference (like a radio station not on channel) - Not always but definitely on the long road

That's my 5c worth. I am an Apple user - maybe it is better on Android.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barkie For This Useful Post:

Default One Nav Radio / Head Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Barkie View Post
    I installed the OneNav and honestly, I am not that impressed. Here is my pros and cons:

PROS

• Sound is definitely better
    • The carplay is working Ok - nice to see the maps although its a lot of money for a GPS

CONS

• Loses connectivity and then reconnects - even if I am on call. This is the most frustrating issue. Some days it is fine – other days it would disconnect and reconnect 5 times while driving the 8km to work
    • Camera software is substandard to Toyota's. Display is darker and does not pick up the difference between sunlight and shade. I take it that the same camera is plugged in and connected to the OneNav system.
    • Display on Radio is very small – also not that easy to set up the radio stations
    • Music that is played via Bluetooth, has a lot of interference (like a radio station not on channel) - Not always but definitely on the long road

That's my 5c worth. I am an Apple user - maybe it is better on Android.
    Interesting observations…

I would have another look at the installation. I had it installed by an audio shop in Boksburg, and the only thing I can agree on is that the reverse camera isn’t great quality, but it can definitely be changed.

Other than the camera, I don’t have any of your other symptoms

I also am an Apple user
    Last edited by RoddieJ; 2022/08/18 at 08:29 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RoddieJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoddieJ View Post
    Other than the camera, I don’t have any of your other symptoms

I also am an Apple user
    Maybe vehicle related?
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

The TPMS system is not very good, battles to pic us sensors have to keep disconnecting the USB black box, have a faulty TPMS under guaranteed less then a year and trying to get replaces still no luck
    2002 Defender with 300TDi VNT modified
    2005 Defender TD5 CR VNT turbo, Ashcroft lockers,HD CW&P, HD side shafts & CV and Pegged, 35” coppers STT pro ………..and more

Replaced my 2012 Fortuner's OE radio with one of these (R5900 installed) and I'm very happy with it.

I tried one of these Android head units.
    Had it now for 5 years.
    Was great in the beginning, but things started going backwards over time.
    First the DVR gave in.
    Then connecting aftermarket camera did not work as I could not upgrade the android version.
    Then couple of weeks back the screen went blank.

Eventually got the Sony 5550 for about R7k.
    It does not have all the features but everything works seamless and the audio quality is top notch.

Question I have to ask is why do you need a GPS if you have Car Play?

@Wetkit the Car Play function was only installed in the facelift after I bought my 2019 model Fortuner.

I got the OneNav for my wrangler a year ago. Had a couple of issues with connecting CarPlay in the beginning but the guys in Midrand of course fixed it free of charge.

Overall it's a great unit - with the latest firmware both Android Auto and Apple Car Play work wirelessly so no cable needed. The camera it comes with is not great, but I guess that's a separate thing that can be upgraded if you want.

I had mine installed through Henco at Rock Rage in Pretoria - super great service.
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8l

Quote Originally Posted by Ghecko View Post
    I got the OneNav for my wrangler a year ago. Had a couple of issues with connecting CarPlay in the beginning but the guys in Midrand of course fixed it free of charge.

Overall it's a great unit - with the latest firmware both Android Auto and Apple Car Play work wirelessly so no cable needed. The camera it comes with is not great, but I guess that's a separate thing that can be upgraded if you want.

I had mine installed through Henco at Rock Rage in Pretoria - super great service.
    firmware update are you reffering to upgrading it to android 11 or something else ?

Im finding the OneNAV sluggish.
    Is there any reason for this?
    Pajero 2007 3.2 GLX (GEN4)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast