Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: One Nav Radio / Head Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Tool_Fan View Post
    Im finding the OneNAV sluggish.
    Is there any reason for this?
    Maybe upgrade the firmware.

I have one in my Hilux, it has its moments: Steering wheel buttons don't respond at times, a few times now it refused to connect to my phone until I switched the ignition on and off. It also once required a hard reset to connect to the phone again. It is not a perfect unit but when it works it is good.

I so wish they used a rotary button for volume though.
    Brandt Theunissen
    2024 Isuzu D-MAX 3.0 DDI LSE 4X4 A/T E/CAB
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

Quote Originally Posted by Koebelwagen View Post
    Maybe upgrade the firmware.

I have one in my Hilux, it has its moments: Steering wheel buttons don't respond at times, a few times now it refused to connect to my phone until I switched the ignition on and off. It also once required a hard reset to connect to the phone again. It is not a perfect unit but when it works it is good.

I so wish they used a rotary button for volume though.
    Agreed on the rotary button, for those who would like to know how to update there firmware I'm more then happy to help. There was a new update released 2 days ago.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BloodCage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Barkie View Post
    I installed the OneNav and honestly, I am not that impressed. Here is my pros and cons:

PROS

• Sound is definitely better
    • The carplay is working Ok - nice to see the maps although its a lot of money for a GPS

CONS

• Loses connectivity and then reconnects - even if I am on call. This is the most frustrating issue. Some days it is fine – other days it would disconnect and reconnect 5 times while driving the 8km to work
    • Camera software is substandard to Toyota's. Display is darker and does not pick up the difference between sunlight and shade. I take it that the same camera is plugged in and connected to the OneNav system.
    • Display on Radio is very small – also not that easy to set up the radio stations
    • Music that is played via Bluetooth, has a lot of interference (like a radio station not on channel) - Not always but definitely on the long road

That's my 5c worth. I am an Apple user - maybe it is better on Android.
    I’m having the same “disconnection” issues as Barkie. I have updated the Apple phone but no difference. This is very frustrating.
    Chris
    Pajero GLX
    Sprite Tourer

Quote Originally Posted by BloodCage View Post
    Agreed on the rotary button, for those who would like to know how to update there firmware I'm more then happy to help. There was a new update released 2 days ago.
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread - added a onenav to my jimny today and cannot figure out how to upgrade the firmware. You still able to help?

Looking at head units for my Pajero; will likely buy online. Could anyone recommend an installer in cape town please?

Quote Originally Posted by Equus View Post
    Looking at head units for my Pajero; will likely buy online. Could anyone recommend an installer in cape town please?
    Soundmatch should be able to assist
    My Youtube Channel
    2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    2004 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 V6 SWB (sold)

Hi All!

I have this scenario:

Starlink Satelite Wifi on the roof of the Cruiser; Onenav Pro inside connected to the Starlink 24/7 and then an Apple iPhone with Carplay to the OneNav.

This is what happens: When I Carplay the phone to the OneNav, the phone looses its Wifi to the Starlink which means it uses mobile data for its own internet connectivity. This is ok here in SA, but outside of the country the roaming will kill me... Is there a way to keep the phone connected to the Starlink wifi and connected to the OneNav Carplay at the same time?

I thought the CarPlay is a Bluetooth connection, but it switches of my Wifi functionality on the phone as soon as it connects to the Onenav...

Can I make a second Wifi connection from the OneNave with a wifi dongle in one of the USB ports? and then have one connection to the Starlink and the other free for the phone?
    or
    Can I use a Lightning to USB cable from te phone to the OneNave tp free up the Phone's wifi so that it can connect to the Starlink Wifi and CArplay via the cable?
    or
    I have no Idea...

Regards
    Jean
    Best Regards
    JeanV
    @WaypointAdventures
    LC76

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanv View Post
    Hi All!

I have this scenario:

Starlink Satelite Wifi on the roof of the Cruiser; Onenav Pro inside connected to the Starlink 24/7 and then an Apple iPhone with Carplay to the OneNav.

This is what happens: When I Carplay the phone to the OneNav, the phone looses its Wifi to the Starlink which means it uses mobile data for its own internet connectivity. This is ok here in SA, but outside of the country the roaming will kill me... Is there a way to keep the phone connected to the Starlink wifi and connected to the OneNav Carplay at the same time?

I thought the CarPlay is a Bluetooth connection, but it switches of my Wifi functionality on the phone as soon as it connects to the Onenav...

Can I make a second Wifi connection from the OneNave with a wifi dongle in one of the USB ports? and then have one connection to the Starlink and the other free for the phone?
    or
    Can I use a Lightning to USB cable from te phone to the OneNave tp free up the Phone's wifi so that it can connect to the Starlink Wifi and CArplay via the cable?
    or
    I have no Idea...

Regards
    Jean
    You'll have to connect via USB to achieve this, I believe. To initially pair the phone with your unit, you use bluetooth, but thereafter Carplay functionality is actually done via a closed network between your phone the unit, which uses the wifi signal. You wont be able to connect to another wifi, only mobile data.

If you have troubles even if connecting via USB, email somebody from planetworld. Sometimes the connections get all weith, and even via usb it may still try a wireless connect or something. Probably an option to disable wireless carplay somewhere.
    K.a.k Wheeler

Toyota Prado VX 4.0 V6

I beleive Starlink has been stopped in SA

Who Dares Wins

Logic will take you from A to B
    Imagination will take you everywhere

Hi,

And there is no way to connect other bluetooth devices like Victron?

Regards
    Best Regards
    JeanV
    @WaypointAdventures
    LC76

Not impressed with the one nav unit have had two screens come loose from the glue they used one replaced warranty other time had to pay, car play some times does not connect, I can’t connect some blue tooth devises, my REDARC connects to my phone but one nav will not pick it up
    2002 Defender with 300TDi VNT modified
    2005 Defender TD5 CR VNT turbo, Ashcroft lockers,HD CW&P, HD side shafts & CV and Pegged, 35” coppers STT pro ………..and more

Hi All

Had an OneNav installed when I bought the Pajero Sport.

Initially, had some issues. Each one sorted over time. Biggest was the freezing up of the unit. Took it to Planet here at the airport and they replaced the CPU. A lot better, but then got glitches on the screen.
    One WhatsApp video later to Planet and I got called in to have the unit replaced by the upgraded Android 11 unit. All new units should be this model.
    This unit is running for about 6 months now, without even a sneeze to report on.
    I am not using Android Auto, so cannot comment on this. There is a myriad of settings, but I had to consult Planet on my specific needs.

I did not like the standard interface, so installed many free versions of alternative interfaces. Bought "Car Launcher". Works so much better.
    The TPMS is not good, as mentioned, so wanting to get the CAWE stuff., just not affordable right now. Also, cannot get Victron, and it seems others REDARC, devices to be reached. No solution on that yet for me either.
    2019 Pajero Sport 2.4 4x4
    Echo 2 Legend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2