Default SOLVED: Brilliant Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Land Cruiser 200

Hi all - after months of research, importing a module from Australia, finding a local installer who can do the work properly - I am glad to say that I have fully functioning Apple CarPlay in my LC200 (2019).

Works flawlessly both wired (if you want your phone to charge) and wireless (Bluetooth).

All vehicle cameras work perfectly. Steering wheel controls work perfectly.

If anyone is going down the same path, let me know and I am happy to chat about the solution I have found. Very satisfied with this solution.

A few screen shots attached of the system and its functionality.

Regards,
    SD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-03-07 at 12.40.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	649976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-03-07 at 12.40.50 PM.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	649977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-03-07 at 12.40.50 PM (1).jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	649978  

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TOYOTADUDE For This Useful Post:

Default Re: SOLVED: Brilliant Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Land Cruiser 200

Post a link to their website, please?
    '00 Nissan D22 QD32Ti 4x4 D/C - many, many mods.
    '10 Toyota LC150 1GR-FE VX - stock
    '10 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré - stock with some farkles
    - Our lives were governed by the Ten Commandments, good judgment, and common sense. -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to swakop_toe For This Useful Post:

Default Re: SOLVED: Brilliant Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Land Cruiser 200

Thanks-been looking for awhile-please share your solution

Hi SD

Please share this information. I have been looking to upgrade my LC200 including steering controls.

Regards

I bought a 2022 Cruiser and it came standard with Apple CarPlay.

Toyota Land Cruiser 79 DC V8
    Toyota Land Cruiser 79 SC V8
    Toyota RAV-4 2.2 D4D
    ZS5CL

Maybe also try Toyota and see what they have available.

Toyota Land Cruiser 79 DC V8
    Toyota Land Cruiser 79 SC V8
    Toyota RAV-4 2.2 D4D
    ZS5CL

https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-s...ion-p163937243

Toyota SA was clueless on how to solve this. Also, OneNav doesn't have a solution for LC200.

This NaviPlus solution uses the existing screen in 2019-2021 LC200 models which is great as it doesn't require a new screen to be installed.

Works like a charm. I have a good installer in JHB who can come to you to install if you bring in the module from Aus.

Regards,
    SD

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TOYOTADUDE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TOYOTADUDE View Post

Toyota SA was clueless on how to solve this. Also, OneNav doesn't have a solution for LC200.

This NaviPlus solution uses the existing screen in 2019-2021 LC200 models which is great as it doesn't require a new screen to be installed.

Works like a charm. I have a good installer in JHB who can come to you to install if you bring in the module from Aus.

Regards,
    SD
    Really keen to find out more about this as we would love to install a similar system into our 2019 LC 200. The only issue is we are in Durban , so unless we can find a suitably qualified technician in Durban , it is going to mean driving to Jhb to have it installed. Can you give me the details of the installer and maybe I can speak to him to see if he knows someone in Durban who can do the installation.

SD
    Thank you for doing some of the groundwork and sharing. I have a 2018 VXR and thus not compatible with the system that you imported according to their web site. I am also contemplating to upgrade the display module and/or the functioning thereof. I would however like to get something that is also Garmin/T4A compatible if possible. I have tried to insert a Garmin micro card but the system do not pick it up. Anybody out there that knows of such a system or how to get the current Toyota nav system to read a Garmin memory card?

SD, as a matter of interest what was the cost in Rands for the module and import costs/duties?

Thanks

This is indeed good news! I see they have a system for the Hilux as well. I need to get rid of the Legend 50's [email protected] one... Thank you.
    Leon Smith
    2020 Toyota Hilux XtraCab 2.8 4x4
    Fiat 500 0.9l turbo flattie

These guys in Aussie also have good tried and tested selection.

https://www.ecvisionsound.com/collections

Quote Originally Posted by Robster View Post
    Really keen to find out more about this as we would love to install a similar system into our 2019 LC 200. The only issue is we are in Durban , so unless we can find a suitably qualified technician in Durban , it is going to mean driving to Jhb to have it installed. Can you give me the details of the installer and maybe I can speak to him to see if he knows someone in Durban who can do the installation.
    It really isn't rocket science on the install, you just need someone that can do trim removal safely without damaging your trim. I would ask your local Toyota dealership who they use for audio visual installations, they all have a guy. If not, I can pass on Seelan's (my installer) details.

This is the unit I installed into my 2019 LC200:

It helps to deliver it to someone locally in Aus, have them then send it on using your own courier (I used UPS from Melbourne to Joburg).

PM me if any questions and we can chat via WhatsApp. Best thing I did, the 200 series is now perfect.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TOYOTADUDE For This Useful Post:

Thi

Quote Originally Posted by johan loubser View Post
    SD
    Thank you for doing some of the groundwork and sharing. I have a 2018 VXR and thus not compatible with the system that you imported according to their web site. I am also contemplating to upgrade the display module and/or the functioning thereof. I would however like to get something that is also Garmin/T4A compatible if possible. I have tried to insert a Garmin micro card but the system do not pick it up. Anybody out there that knows of such a system or how to get the current Toyota nav system to read a Garmin memory card?

SD, as a matter of interest what was the cost in Rands for the module and import costs/duties?

Thanks
    They do seem to have a solution that is compatible with LC200 models pre-2019:
    https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-s...ries-c60806341

Sure - so I paid:
    R11,300 for the module + R270 for delivery to a friend in Melbourne
    R1,300 for UPS shipping from Melbourne to Joburg
    R400 import duties (because coming from a friend, classified as electronic goods - declared value is whatever you say it is)
    R1,000 install (2hrs @ R500/hr)
    Total: R14,000

Naviplus technical support is fantastic, but the installers manual that is available online is very well laid out. ZA models seem to be the same as AU models - I guess all made in Japan anyway.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TOYOTADUDE For This Useful Post:

Thi

They do seem to have a solution that is compatible with LC200 models pre-2019:
    https://www.naviplus.com.au/online-s...ries-c60806341

Sure - so I paid:
    R11,300 for the module + R270 for delivery to a friend in Melbourne
    R1,300 for UPS shipping from Melbourne to Joburg
    R400 import duties (because coming from a friend, classified as electronic goods - declared value is whatever you say it is)
    R1,000 install (2hrs @ R500/hr)
    Total: R14,000

Naviplus technical support is fantastic, but the installers manual that is available online is very well laid out. ZA models seem to be the same as AU models - I guess all made in Japan anyway.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

I see it has been asked before but are these products compatible with Garmin and T4A maps

Hi all - after months of research, importing a module from Australia, finding a local installer who can do the work properly - I am glad to say that I have fully functioning Apple CarPlay in my LC200 (2019).

Works flawlessly both wired (if you want your phone to charge) and wireless (Bluetooth).

If anyone is going down the same path, let me know and I am happy to chat about the solution I have found. Very satisfied with this solution.

Regards,
    SD

Hi there. Been looking for something like this for a while. Pls share detail as I have folks coming from Aus in a few months who could hancarry it over for me. I have a 2018 LC200 VXR.

Thx in advance.

Regards,
    SD